Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had a customer pick up a Q50 and he plug his old Ipod in and it showed the song and it showed it was playing BUT there was no sound coming out the speakers.. We pluged in a older Iphone and it worked fine..
Anyone have this issue yet?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a few ideas of what may be the problem. It could have something to do with the connection between the cord and the iPod. Does the iPod play music through headphones or if you use a different cord? You could also try to update the software on the phone to the most recent version available.

Let us know if either of those two things don't fix the problem.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it is on a older IPod.. It is not the cable because we used the same cable to play music off a old phone .. The customer will try updating software on the Ipod to see if that fixes the issue..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Some ipods require you to have a 3.5 to 3.5 inch audio cable with one end plugging into the ipod headphone jack and the other in plugging into a 3.5 inch jack, if so equipped, mounted in the car most likely in the console. I have seen Iphones play fine with the standard cable that comes with the phone. I have also seen where an older ipod play music without that 3.5 to 3.5 audio cable on one headunit but on another couldn't hear music, yet showed it was playing on same brand different model and needed the 3.5 to 3.5 inch audio cable to hear the music. Now of course that's in terms aftermarket units. But this configuration in the picture is what I have to use in my car and cars that I have rented in the past that range from 2010 to 2013. BTW, last car I rented was a 2013 Chrysler 300C with the big hemi engine with navigation on a big 8 inch screen and my ipod worked great with the configuration in the picture. Not a fan of Chrysler at all but this was a cool car. I don't have a Q50 yet to say it works for sure but if you have a 3.5 inch jack in the console get the cable i'm speaking of and you might be surprised. Let me know if it works. Sorry my pictures are not turned right side up.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.