Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am now signed up for the Infiniti Connection and Plus. I got the usual e-mail, congratulating me, and telling me to push the SOS button to verify that things are working properly. As you "old-timers" know, I won't be connecting my phone. So, does the phone have to be connected for the SOS connection to work? The e-mail indicated that I would be talking with an Infiniti rep when I push the button. Thanks for helping.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
I am now signed up for the Infiniti Connection and Plus. I got the usual e-mail, congratulating me, and telling me to push the SOS button to verify that things are working properly. As you "old-timers" know, I won't be connecting my phone. So, does the phone have to be connected for the SOS connection to work? The e-mail indicated that I would be talking with an Infiniti rep when I push the button. Thanks for helping.
No, your phone does not have to be connected. It uses the telematics and 2G sim card installed in the car. When you push it, you will be connected to a live person who will ask what is your emergency. Just tell them you are a new owner and pushing to initiate the welcome call.

·
Registered
276 Posts
No need to connect the phone. The car uses exhaust smoke signals to communicate with Infiniti.:D

Seriously though, the car has its own built in "phone". Even if your phone was hooked up, Infiniti Connection wouldn't use it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've had my Q50 for over 2 weeks now and Infiniti Connection has never worked. My sales rep originally told me that he would be activating it the evening after I took delivery and later told me that the person at their dealership that handled it was away on vacation for the week. Since then I've repeatedly been told they are working on it or waiting for someone or something.

Yesterday, they finally told me that it should already be activated and was activated weeks ago just after delivery, but it still does not work. It reports that it has no signal and cannot connect. Now they are telling me "I think the update reset TCU and needs to be redone... Can only be done at Infiniti dealership. Takes about 5 min"

Not something I am looking forward too since a round trip to the dealership is 20% of my monthly lease milage.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
I've had my Q50 for over 2 weeks now and Infiniti Connection has never worked. My sales rep originally told me that he would be activating it the evening after I took delivery and later told me that the person at their dealership that handled it was away on vacation for the week. Since then I've repeatedly been told they are working on it or waiting for someone or something.

Yesterday, they finally told me that it should already be activated and was activated weeks ago just after delivery, but it still does not work. It reports that it has no signal and cannot connect. Now they are telling me "I think the update reset TCU and needs to be redone... Can only be done at Infiniti dealership. Takes about 5 min"

Not something I am looking forward too since a round trip to the dealership is 20% of my monthly lease milage.
Try explaining the situation to your dealer and see if they'll send a tech out to your home or work. I imagine it's just the CONSULTIII tool or something similar they plug in and set a function on, so the tech just needs a laptop and a handheld device, or maybe neither.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I pushed the button, and this sweet voice appeared and asked me what my emergency was. The voice seemed to surround me - I couldn't tell where it was coming from. She wanted me to partake in a "Welcome to Infiniti Connection" something or other, saying it would take less than 10 minutes. I told her I couldn't at the moment. Can anyone here tell me what that's all about?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.