Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that have test driven the Q50, can you tell me whether the car has a one-touch blinker (like many German cars do - tap once and your turn signal will blink three time)>

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Yes, it does. Quick tap and it blinks 3 times, full pull it will blink until you turn it off or complete the turn.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, that's great. Minor thing, but I found it to be very convenient in the cars that I have driven that have that feature.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Thanks, that's great. Minor thing, but I found it to be very convenient in the cars that I have driven that have that feature.
I agree, it is very convenient. I didn't even know about that feature until I test drove a BMW and Audi, and the salesman pointed it out to me...so I tried it last week on my test drive on the Q50, and I was delighted it worked.

Reactions: tt_45

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
Nice to know. I hadn't even thought about if Inifiniti had adopted that as well.:)

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Yes can confirm as well! Have it in my test drive video but, like I said on another thread, my dad had it pointed towards the window so u can only hear it being used! Hehe!

Reactions: CarolinaQ50

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
I would probably miss a percentage of features on the Q50 if it wasn't for this forum. One Tap Blinker is a new one to me

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
When you are trying it out, make sure to not pull it very hard so that it clicks..if you hear the click, it has locked in place and will not release until you complete a turn or turn it off manually. It just need s a very light gently movement and it will initiate the 3 blinks.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Cool. I use this with my '11 G37x. Of course, it doesn't blink 3x (only once), but it still allows you to do a "soft" courtesy blink when attempting to change lanes. Nice to hear the Q50 blinks 3x. Btw, excited to finally go test drive a Q50! :D Could go today but scheduled it for tomorrow to avoid the Friday highway traffic; I want to push this thing at highway speeds. It's not the Sport trim that I'm getting, but they only have a Premium to drive right now; works for me!

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
Cool. I use this with my '11 G37x. Of course, it doesn't blink 3x (only once), but it still allows you to do a "soft" courtesy blink when attempting to change lanes. Nice to hear the Q50 blinks 3x. Btw, excited to finally go test drive a Q50! :D Could go today but scheduled it for tomorrow to avoid the Friday highway traffic; I want to push this thing at highway speeds. It's not the Sport trim that I'm getting, but they only have a Premium to drive right now; works for me!
Are you test driving at Sewell or Grubbs? I'm gonna hit Grubbs tomorrow since Sewell only has a single demo and I've already driven it.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
I never knew about this feature. Interesting.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Are you test driving at Sewell or Grubbs? I'm gonna hit Grubbs tomorrow since Sewell only has a single demo and I've already driven it.
Sewell. What trims does Grubbs have available to drive?

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
I just test drove again and hit 100 on the feeder. Haha, whoops :) So incredibly fast wow.
just got back from a test drive as well. Salesman did not let me get on the freeway because it did not have the software update :rolleyes: so I had to stay on the feeder. The steering was on sport - man does it react fast to steering inputs - it's like instantaneous reaction. You think it and it changes directions. No split second hesitation.

Another interesting thing the salesman told me. Infiniti is selling cars with runflat tires, but also selling the spare tire package as an accessory. most of the cars right now have the spare tire package. This cuts down on trunk space. Sales man said that cars not equipped with spare tire package will have their trunk floor lower by about 4". I verified this by popping open the trunk on the spare tire package equipped car. There some kind of styrofoam spacer material - you remove the spare tire, jack and other stuff, along with the styrofoam material and you have a flat floor that is now lower by 4". This explains the discrepancy of trunk floor height on some of the pics folks here have posted.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
just got back from a test drive as well. Salesman did not let me get on the freeway because it did not have the software update :rolleyes: so I had to stay on the feeder. The steering was on sport - man does it react fast to steering inputs - it's like instantaneous reaction. You think it and it changes directions. No split second hesitation.

Another interesting thing the salesman told me. Infiniti is selling cars with runflat tires, but also selling the spare tire package as an accessory. most of the cars right now have the spare tire package. This cuts down on trunk space. Sales man said that cars not equipped with spare tire package will have their trunk floor lower by about 4". I verified this by popping open the trunk on the spare tire package equipped car. There some kind of styrofoam spacer material - you remove the spare tire, jack and other stuff, along with the styrofoam material and you have a flat floor that is now lower by 4". This explains the discrepancy of trunk floor height on some of the pics folks here have posted.
Yup! Can confirm this as well! Actually did this the first time I checked out the hybrid trunk! Didnt know though that it can go lower when taken off so good to know!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I haven't got a speeding ticket for over 10 years. With the Q50S hybrid, I don't know if I can control myself and not to speed. The power and speed of the Q50S hybrid is intoxicating! I never felt so young and exuberating when I test drove it.

I just test drove again and hit 100 on the feeder. Haha, whoops :) So incredibly fast wow.

Reactions: Q50Aggie

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
I haven't got a speeding ticket for over 10 years. With the Q50S hybrid, I don't know if I can control myself and not to speed. The power and speed of the Q50S hybrid is intoxicating! I never felt so young and exuberating when I test drove it.
Getting a speeding ticket as been a 2yr thing for me! Hahaha! Worst ive done was @ around 120mph @ Victorville coming back from Vegas! Got bored and raced a Chrysler Crossfire! Haha! Good thing, when I got pulled over, I was already down to 90mph or else I would have been hauled to jail! :eek:

And so I am in the same position as u man! I hope this car doesnt make it tickets a more frequent event for me! :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.