Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After years of waiting for a Cold Air Intake for the Q50 I was finally able to find one that I liked from Optimus Performance.

I reached out to them for their intakes and they were able to get me the set and powder coat to match my exterior paint (standard color is polish) upon receiving the intakes they came well packages and with almost everything needed tubes, silicone couplers, air filters with hydro shields, and steel clamps (missing 2)

I had forgot to take pictures before install and during install but it was pretty straight forward the hardest part was getting the tube and coupler to fit around the windshield wiper fluid container. and since i was taking everything off I also decided to paint my engine bay as it was still white from factory. Here are some pics of the finished project, the battery and fluid covers need to be redone but I'm content for now.

intake1 by PUREQ50, on Flickr
intake by PUREQ50, on Flickr
intake2 by PUREQ50, on Flickr
intake4 by PUREQ50, on Flickr
intake 3 by PUREQ50, on Flickr
intake5 by PUREQ50, on Flickr

·
Registered
567 Posts
Did you have to do any cutting or drilling? Looks pretty nice with the filters in front of the radiator.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice work, looks very good. I'm curious to see the performance numbers. Are you going to put it on the dyno?
still debating on runing on dyno with tune but not sure since im also thinking of supercharging.

Did you have to do any cutting or drilling? Looks pretty nice with the filters in front of the radiator.
no cutting was need for me they say you can because there are plastic pieces blocking the intakes from going to the radiator but found out the plastic pieces just help air floor to the top radiator cover which pushes the air to stock intakes so i just took out the plastic pieces since i will not be running the stock intakes anymore.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Willing to part with the intake? Optimus doesnt appear to be making them anymore

·
Registered
12 Posts
Let me know guys PM me or get ahold of me on Instagram or facebook

James CworksDesign on facebook

YouTube Cworksdesign

Were going to start ramping up production on 3.7 q50 cold air intakes just like optimus did. NOT like stillen and afe where they are short rams and sorta "so called' cold air.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I’ll be making cold intakes for the Q50 from here on out!
I’m taking over! You asked for it I’ll do it since I make AdminTuning and my parts! The Q50 needs cold air and nobody has the balls to make them except Optimus who only made a handful.

Let me know if you want a cold air kit

520.00 shipped with filters , clamps, silicone!

James CworksDesign
Go home; you're drunk. Plenty have created cold air intakes for the VQ37 Q50, including aFe, Stillen, and K&N.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Go home; you're drunk. Plenty have created cold air intakes for the VQ37 Q50, including aFe, Stillen, and K&N.
I agree. I had a R2C dual CAI on my 3.7 in 2010. Sounded great.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I’m drunk lol no my phone added weird characters. I guess you don’t know who i am ? Lol
I’m AdminTuning welder fabricator and I guess you don’t know what cold air is. All of those companies afe and stillen aren’t cold you idiot. Kids .....pshhh stupid comment bro just stupid.... there are NO cold air intakes

They are all hot air intakes. Cold air is up front by the grille

Optimus made them and doesn’t make them

I’m here to help and make them again.

Drunk...your drunk for saying short rams are cold air. Your an idiot

·
Registered
12 Posts
And by the way guys afe, stillen, and K&N aren’t true cold air. It’s block heat from the engine to decrease heat soak but it’s actually not sucking cold air up front by the bumper like the g37 front grille intakes that i produce.

There’s a difference and it’s a marketing scam.

I’ll be making 3.7 liter Q50 true cold air that sucks all the way down by the ground way away from the engine bay.

Silly comments saying afe and stillen and k&n are cold air get you nowhere.

You just look stupid in front us tuners and fabricators.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I need a true CAI for the 3.0 like PPE used to make

·
Registered
88 Posts
CWorksDesign/James,

Considering that you are trying to sell us Q50 forum members your remarkable CAIs for 3.7’s, your approach and selling tactics are questionable at best.

Thanks for your PM regarding my comment above regarding the R2C CAI I had on my 3.7 10 years ago. If you knew the R2C you would know it’s not sucking in engine hot air. Who’s the noob? I liked your PM so much I thought I would share it with the forum so they can see your character before deciding to do business with you. Grow up dude or you will never sell a thing.

CWorksDesign said:
You need to wake up and realize short rams aren’t cold air lol
Funniest comment I’ve seen in my life. A real noob for sure

I make and weld all of AdminTuning cold air intakes and make titanium intakes for the g37 and 370z platform

Get a life bro
Welcome to my block list and by the way, GFY.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You need to grow up bro , I’ve heard of those intakes for years and I honestly don’t care that you shared my PM or think my character is out of line. Your the guys bashing me on my products and don’t believe in them.

I’ve already made 7 3.7 q50 intakes for my customers and I’m busy as **** making intakes daily.

I am a welding instructor during the day and I make Infiniti parts during the night.

If you don’t consider my parts i don’t really care.

I just like helping the community out by making them a TRUE cold air.

·
Registered
12 Posts
CWorksDesign/James,

Considering that you are trying to sell us Q50 forum members your remarkable CAIs for 3.7’s, your approach and selling tactics are questionable at best.

Thanks for your PM regarding my comment above regarding the R2C CAI I had on my 3.7 10 years ago. If you knew the R2C you would know it’s not sucking in engine hot air. Who’s the noob? I liked your PM so much I thought I would share it with the forum so they can see your character before deciding to do business with you. Grow up dude or you will never sell a thing.

Wow your character sure is special GFY...lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
CWorksDesign/James,

CWorksDesign/James,

lol The R2C sucked ass on my g37 years ago. If only you knew what the **** you are talking about. Cold air is up front away from engine heat soak. The R2C was ok with its rubber box they gave you but the numbers weren't great on the dyno. Everyone sold their R2C and went with cold air long tubes.

Facts buddy talk to any tuner and they will give you the same answer. Im really surprised you wanna fight me on this debate. If you were in the g37 facebook pages you would be eaten alive by 100+ posts stating the same **** thing. Quit smoking whatever your smoking.

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
Nemo7... Is your car lowered on bags? I looked at your pics in your garage (it was white then) and saw the tipped in rear tires. Do you, can you, drive it like that?

·
Registered
65 Posts
And by the way guys afe, stillen, and K&N aren’t true cold air. It’s block heat from the engine to decrease heat soak but it’s actually not sucking cold air up front by the bumper like the g37 front grille intakes that i produce.

There’s a difference and it’s a marketing scam.

I’ll be making 3.7 liter Q50 true cold air that sucks all the way down by the ground way away from the engine bay.

Silly comments saying afe and stillen and k&n are cold air get you nowhere.

You just look stupid in front us tuners and fabricators.
This. I never ever understood the term cold air intake. It really is stupid sounding, and in almost all instances, is just a waste of money.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts