Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone~ New here! Just order my Hybrid Premi w/ Navi yesterday. Coming from a 2011 335xi. In BMW forums people openly share details w/ their deals. Noticed a few have ordered the car already but none have shared details.... Different forum, different rules? I will tell you mine if you tell me yours!

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Hello everyone~ New here! Just order my Hybrid Premi w/ Navi yesterday. Coming from a 2011 335xi. In BMW forums people openly share details w/ their deals. Noticed a few have ordered the car already but none have shared details.... Different forum, different rules? I will tell you mine if you tell me yours!
Welcome to the boards... I'm sure after the third and fourth allocations of the car come out the deals will get better but as of now especially on pre-order we are hearing MSRP so not much to share on that front ... More interested on what lured you over to the Q from the dark side (BMW)?

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
I made the deal with the general manager. It's a new dealership, and I figure that they want to sell as many as possible right away. He split the mark-up with me, 50-50. I'm sure that I couldn't have gotten a better deal than that at the beginning. He also will trade off the cost of the required:mad: illuminated kick plates with their automatic "Dealer Prep." It's basically the same amount.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
U were able to get just the navi package or did u have to add the deluxe technology package?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bmw aint what it used to be no more. 6Sp MT no longer cheaper, It's now a "free" option. If you get lower end of the model, you have to pay $1,000 to get the angel eyes. It don't even "handle like a BMW" any more if you don't pay for the " Dynamic handling package " IMO, the Q50s interior looks 1000% better than any BMW.... especially the 3series Where they have been really cutting the corners....

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
I was able to get just the navigation alone
Good to know man! On the online configurator i couldnt do that! :'( I asked orange coast infiniti and said that it wasnt possible! What is the name of the dealership u went to? Just really want the hybrid sport rwd with navi myself!

Reactions: johnvnm112

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
Crazy, you're right, the configurator is kinda all or nothing for the Hybrid model. Doesn't matter if it's Premium or Sport, RWD or AWD. If you get the Hybrid and want nav, you have to get deluxe for an extra 6200.

I guess the online configurator is a rough guess and you can discuss details with the dealer (minus the mandatory kickplates lol).

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good to know man! On the online configurator i couldnt do that! :'( I asked orange coast infiniti and said that it wasnt possible! What is the name of the dealership u went to? Just really want the hybrid sport rwd with navi myself!
I'm from NYC. They had the preview car that has been going around n training guy told me I can get the navigation independently. When we agreed on the # the sales manager asked me if I wanted a white one I can get it in July so I guess the info should be correct.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
I'm from NYC. They had the preview car that has been going around n training guy told me I can get the navigation independently. When we agreed on the # the sales manager asked me if I wanted a white one I can get it in July so I guess the info should be correct.
If you don't mind please share your deal with the boards in the official lease deal thread ... So we can't start to see what to expect ...

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Dang! I want that config but in sports package! Lucky! But im looking to buy and not lease so im not sure why they arent letting me get the config I want! Gotta check out a different dealer and inquire till i get the exact config i want! Thanks for the info! That gave me hope of a lower monthly payment! :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
[The dealer] split the mark-up with me, 50-50. I'm sure that I couldn't have gotten a better deal than that at the beginning.
Similar deal here. I ordered a Hagane Blue Q50 RWD Sport with the Navigation, Deluxe Touring and Spare Tire packages. I was told initially by my dealer representative there would be no discount, and to wait until December or so if I didn't like that idea. After a few e-mails back and forth she offered to knock the price down by low four figures, and said she'd do whatever she could to get some extra money for my trade, which I purchased from her as well. My wife and I have bought several cars from her, so I think that played into her pushing a little to get me a small discount.

I didn't want to wait so I just took the offer. I am really jacked up about being one of the first few people in my area to own one of these cars. That is, assuming I like it enough to actually buy it when I see and drive it.

One of the things that has appealed to me about Infinitis is that they are (relatively speaking) so rare compared with the zillions of 3-Series, C/E Class, IS/GS and even A4s around here in Dallas. I do not like to see myself coming and going, and I figure the premium I'm paying to buy a Q50 now will buy a lot of differentness for quite a while. :eek:

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
One of the things that has appealed to me about Infinitis is that they are (relatively speaking) so rare compared with the zillions of 3-Series, C/E Class, IS/GS and even A4s around here in Dallas. I do not like to see myself coming and going, and I figure the premium I'm paying to buy a Q50 now will buy a lot of differentness for quite a while. :eek:
Oh definitely---I still can't figure out what the perception is about Infiniti, but it's constantly irritating how their cars are consistently well reviewed and well received by consumers, but many of these auto review sites and bloggers seem so quick to ignore it in favor of the big Germans.

I definitely gravitated towards my Infiniti moreso than the others on the fact that they aren't nearly as ubiquitous as the other sports sedans and you truly feel like you're driving something special and unique. I'm hoping the Q50 will help people notice the car a lot more and increase the brand recognition within the segment (as the ATS is doing for Cadillac).

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
I think the Japanese manufacturers will always have some stigma with the old timers in the press. To them, an Acura is a tarted-up Honda, an Infiniti is a tarted-up Nissan, etc. but a Porsche is always a Porsche, BMW is always a BMW and so on. They are right to a certain extent, but Lexus has managed to break away from that due to their exceptional interiors and Toyota reliability (which keeps resale values high and leases low).

In 10 or 15 years, most of the old farts that think this way will be retired and people that have been driving tarted up Nissans for 20 years will have some input. Consumer Reports has always been honest about Infiniti and other Japanese luxury marques, and like ST was saying, so have owners and consumers. Road and Track is a great magazine for a toilet break, but I'm not taking their advice on buying a BMW that they have been humping the leg of for 30 years.

Long winded reply continued, I was dead set on a 3 series when I got my 04 G35 sedan. For the **** of it after test driving 3 3series, I got in the sedan. It had all the packages minus nav (full aero, wood, premium sound, leather) and from the minute I pushed on the throttle I fell in love. It was raw and untamed but controllable. It felt playful but poised. The rear end broke loose with a right turn nudge but the DSC kept it from getting crazy. To this day I don't think it's underpowered or slow unless I have a car full of fat people and the thing is going on 9 years old with 119k on the odo.

Looking back, I will be sad to trade it in and hope it goes to someone who can appreciate it, flaws and all, but the Q50 is a lot to look forward to. I just really, really hope the performance generates the kind of emotion my initial drive in my 04 did. I told my dealer I want to be first on the list of test drivers when they get their demo.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.