·
Registered
1,133 Posts
congrats 20x10.5 and 20x9?

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
First of all welcome to the forum!

Congrats man! Looking forward to updates from you!

What color is your Q50? Do you have adaptive steering?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's a graphite shadow sport model. No adaptive steering. The shop did ask that question too. 10.5 rear and 9 front.

Shop would live to lower also. But I'm concerned that the proper springs are not available and the ride would be way tougher. Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
It's a graphite shadow sport model. No adaptive steering. The shop did ask that question too. 10.5 rear and 9 front.

Shop would live to lower also. But I'm concerned that the proper springs are not available and the ride would be way tougher. Thoughts?
Well its expected already when u went with 20s! If u want to close the wheel gap you will need to lower! Maybe u can also compensate with tires by going with 35 sidewalls but maybe stretch it out so u wont look loke a 4x4! As for lowering, there's nothing out yet but vossen is beta testing some rsr springs! Seems like the perfect height! Not sure about camber settings though! Hopefully the rsr give a nice and comfortable spring rate! That will help you with comfort but it might also give u a bouncy ride but I am sure they will tune it well!

·
Registered
436 Posts
I will be waiting to buy wheels until proper lowering components become available. Is your car RWD or AWD? AWD sits higher than RWD, either way you are going to have some serious wheel gap.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well its expected already when u went with 20s! If u want to close the wheel gap you will need to lower! Maybe u can also compensate with tires by going with 35 sidewalls but maybe stretch it out so u wont look loke a 4x4! As for lowering, there's nothing out yet but vossen is beta testing some rsr springs! Seems like the perfect height! Not sure about camber settings though! Hopefully the rsr give a nice and comfortable spring rate! That will help you with comfort but it might also give u a bouncy ride but I am sure they will tune it well!
lol. "beta testing" = "cutting your springs"
but good info gbert :D

also, sorry.. i'm sure someone answered this but what did i miss? has anyone here put on some wheels and messed up the adaptive steering?

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
lol. "beta testing" = "cutting your springs"
but good info gbert :D

also, sorry.. i'm sure someone answered this but what did i miss? has anyone here put on some wheels and messed up the adaptive steering?
Haha! I am way past those days with my friends prelude and my integra! :D

I actually came across this when I talked to [email protected]! That thought didnt really cross my mind till he mentioned it and so most of the guys with aftermarket wheels for the Q50(Vossen and Velgen) have Q50s with no DAS! I believe some people are doing some research for this and hope they come up with a solution if there really is a problem! I wish I still had my ssr sp1s so I could try if it throws up some kind of system error!

Are there any members here with a Q50 and DAS with aftermarket wheels that can try this out for us?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well they are on! Look great and drives great. Front might be a tad low, won't know until I put some gas in the car. In case your curious it has the Vossen "experimental lowering". Cut springs. They will do until coilovers or something comes out.
http://www.svetiming.com/emailers/images/photo1.jpg
http://www.svetiming.com/emailers/images/photo2.jpg
http://www.svetiming.com/emailers/images/photo3.jpg
http://www.svetiming.com/emailers/images/photo4.jpg

California Wheels in San Jose, off Capitol Ave. Any offers on stock sport wheels?

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Well they are on! Look great and drives great. Front might be a tad low, won't know until I put some gas in the car. In case your curious it has the Vossen "experimental lowering". Cut springs. They will do until coilovers or something comes out.

California Wheels in San Jose, off Capitol Ave. Any offers on stock sport wheels?
Fixed your links!

Dang! Looking sick bro! Did u go with what offsets and tire sizes vossen gave u?

$100 on the wheels! :p

Edit: btw, any full side profile pics?

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Hows the ride quality and also edited my previous post with other questions as well!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Looks good. What offset you running? Doesn't look like it will tuck tire from the rear quarter shot. Did they tell you that you couldn't run a 10.5 front wheel?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The wheels tuck great, like they are supposed too. There is no lip in the inside if the wheel well. Ride quality is pretty good considering how it was lowered. I had an M3 with HR coilovers and it's pretty close. I would still replace with a better option when it comes out.

Here is a pic along the wheel well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
20"x 9" +32 offset for the front. 245-35
20"x 10.5" +45 offset for the rear. 285-30

Oh and the tires are quieter than the RF. I went with the Hankook because they are less noisy.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.