Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Talked with the dealer general manager over the phone tonight. He said that he's been given only three cars in the original allocation, and he said that if I wanted the car we had talked about, he would put the order in for mine to be one of them. I told him last week that I did not need, and do not want the two packages with all that add on stuff. I know a lot of people do want that stuff, but for me, I just want a great driving car that looks good, and is equipped with a great sound system. I also want to stick it to the oil companies.
So, I've ordered a Venetian Red, AWD Hybrid. The only add-ons are splash guards, the cargo package, and an item that the general manager said is being required for an ordered car(at least for now), and that is the illuminated kick plates. I hope he's not trying to figure out a way to make up for the discount he's giving me.
It is a premium model, so it does have the things I DO want, including leather and the 14 speaker system. The only thing I can't get, that I want, is the maple trim, but that's not a deal killer. He said he expects to get the car in around the middle of July. I'm going on a road trip around then, and it would be nice to have it before I leave. If not, it will be waiting for me when I get back. The first thing I will do on the car is something I did when I got my current car, more than six years ago. That is, put on the Master Formula Sealer Gloss. My car's paint still looks brand new, even though I've never polished it since - I just wax it one or two times a year. Now the waiting begins.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Lucky!!! Will be looking forward to pics, input, videos, and probably lending me the Q50 for a week if possible! :p

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lucky!!! Will be looking forward to pics, input, videos, and probably lending me the Q50 for a week if possible! :p
Oh, absolutely! Call me when the sun rises in the West.:D

Seriously, I'll easily be able to give you input, but I don't have a digital camera(video or still). I will be taking pictures with my 35mm camera, and I'll try to figure out how to post them. Hopefully, I'll be able to give you information in August(****, three months from now!):(

·
Registered
150 Posts
Niceeeeee congratulations homie. You got the sun roof then right?

·
Premium Member
432 Posts

Seriously, I'll easily be able to give you input, but I don't have a digital camera(video or still). I will be taking pictures with my 35mm camera, and I'll try to figure out how to post them. Hopefully, I'll be able to give you information in August(****, three months from now!):(
Congrats ! Very jelly right now ...nice color choice .... That wait would kill me why I'm not getting any hopes up until I drive er....as for posting them do u have a scanner ? You could always scan them or go to office max/depot and the like they will be able to scan them for u

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
....as for posting them do u have a scanner

Yeah - I figure that after my pictures are developed, I'll scan them into the computer and attach them to a post. That should work, but computers and I are not good friends, usually.:eek: It would be nice to get the car before the road trip; if so, I could give a really good report. This is still going to be about three months from now.:(

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts

Hahaha good one!

Ohhh man! Ill surely be waiting/looking forward to those pics then! Being a camera enthusiast myself, ill be expecting some awesome photos man! :D

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
....as for posting them do u have a scanner

Yeah - I figure that after my pictures are developed, I'll scan them into the computer and attach them to a post. That should work, but computers and I are not good friends, usually.:eek: It would be nice to get the car before the road trip; if so, I could give a really good report. This is still going to be about three months from now.:(
That wait is gonna be killer... But you know what they say good things happen to those who wait...;)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Great choice in the hybrid

Congratulations to you, selzini. I think that color combination will be really nice, too. That red is really sharp.

I also pre-ordered my Q50 earlier this week with my dealer. I debated long and hard about going hybrid, but in the end couldn't justify the extra $5K it was going to cost me to get the options I wanted due to Infiniti's requirement that I buy the Deluxe Tech Package to get the features in the Deluxe Touring Package -- the latter package and navigation is all I really want. So I reluctantly passed on the hybrid. I do not know if I will regret it. Check back with me in a year or so. :)

In the end I ordered a Hagane Blue / Graphite Q50 Sport RWD with Navigation, Deluxe Touring and a $200 spare tire and jack. (That last bit still chaps my rear end, run-flat tire or no-RFT. RFTs can shred just as well as their standard counterparts, and I do not want to be stuck on the highway in the middle of nowhere waiting an hour or two for Infiniti to route a tow truck to me should that happen.)

I'm taking a gamble on that color. I am hoping Infiniti means it when they used the word "hagane." I do not want baby blue or powder blue. I want steel, baby! Japanese steel!

The deposit is fully refundable for any reason should the color or car itself be awful. I was also told July for delivery. They just placed their first Q50 order this week, and mine was in there. I told the nice sales director lady to make sure my car gets a window seat for the slow-boat ride over.

This will be the fourth G-series car we've bought from this dealer -- my wife had one, and I've had two, all the way back to 2002. She bought a silver '02 G20 Sport 5MT (I still miss those Alcantara sport seats, the only thing any good about that car other than its reliability and great manual tranny); I've owned a pearl white '05 G35 6MT Sport and a silver '09 G37s 7AT. Pics are attached if you'd like to reminisce, along with my favorite pic of what I am assuming will show up in a few months with my name on it. We do love these cars. Hopefully the Q will continue the family line well.

Cheers, and congratulations!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Nice!

FYI, it isn't surprising about the kickplates. Only surprise is that the dealer knows already. Yesterday was the day to start ordering so he must have been playing with options. This month it is IKP's. Next month it may be something like splash guards. Infiniti seems to sometimes just add these sorts of things to cars automatically. Many times, they are options that are installed at the port when the car lands. You'll forget that you paid $400 for them after a little while, and you'll like them when you get in at night and they look really cool.

Reactions: afrosheen

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I finalized the deal with the general manager today. He said the computer would not allow him to order the car without the illuminated kickplates, which sounds like Infiniti is squeezing every dollar it can. What I don't understand is that they don't come from the factory, but are port added options. Anyway, when I questioned the need to have them(and pay for them), he said he would discount the car that much more, cancelling out the "dealer prep" charge of $395. I compared the dimensions of the 2nd generation G with the Q50, and the new model is slightly longer(with the same wheel base) and wider, but slightly shorter(height-wise) than the old one. There is a slight increase in shoulder and leg room, but a significant decrease(2") in hip room in the front. Maybe the door handles protrude more than before??? Oh, well - as has been said above, the deal can be cancelled when the car comes in if I'm not comfortable with it. Let the waiting begin.:(

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
I have convinced dealers to not include the dealer prep at all. Like as in "Do no prep the car"

I have them roll it off the truck with all the plastics on and I want it that way. I then drive the car to have a professional clean the residue and rail dust and apply a permanent sealant to the paint/plastics/metals.

Way better than the dealership prep and probably the same price.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey Guys. New to the forum, but have been lurking the last couple of months. Great news for you guys able to order. Do you know if there's a list of availability out there for dealers to see? Looks like someone may have mentioned Wednesday as a release date.

I put my deposit down about a month ago, but haven't gotten confirmation on anything yet so I'm wondering if my dealer is sleeping on this. Definitely want my namesake on that first boat.

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
I'm so green with envy...why don't all you guys(and gals) wait a couple of years, before buying the new ride...that way I can experience the joy with ya'll.

Please:(

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
I'm so green with envy...why don't all you guys(and gals) wait a couple of years, before buying the new ride...that way I can experience the joy with ya'll.

OR why not jump on board with us ? As soon as my lease is up or even close I'm jumpin in ... No later than April of next year ...

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts

I myself am waiting a bit! But probably just till December! :D

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
Hey Guys. New to the forum, but have been lurking the last couple of months. Great news for you guys able to order. Do you know if there's a list of availability out there for dealers to see? Looks like someone may have mentioned Wednesday as a release date.

I put my deposit down about a month ago, but haven't gotten confirmation on anything yet so I'm wondering if my dealer is sleeping on this. Definitely want my namesake on that first boat.
My dealer is asleep at the wheel too. They have me on the preorder list but haven't asked for a deposit. They were supposed to call me when they needed the deposit. I guess different dealers have different relationships with corporate. :mad:

·
Registered
50 Posts
The biggest problem I have is there is no defined process for "ordering" or "reserving" one the cars. It's pretty obvious that the dealers have various levels of knowledge with regard to how the process is suppose to work. Perhaps it's the dealer's ineptitude or Infiniti's fault for not providing clear guidance, or a combination of both.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
Just got off the phone with a sales guy at the dealer. According to him, "unless I missed something during the TMS track day, they didn't announce all cars would ship with run flats. I believe if you order the spare tire package you get standard tires". He then went on to say Infiniti is aware that buyers are leery of run flats and all their downsides, but it'd be nice if the Q50 microsite made this obvious if it is true.

Also, he said he was putting my car in the order bank. They don't know what Infiniti is going to build or when it will be available. He said July is pretty optimistic and that August is the most likely month it will show up. He wasn't asking for a deposit or anything. Will find out more on the 16th if they know more by then.

>>UPDATE

The plot thickens. The official online chat dude from the Infiniti site (chat now button) said all Q50's are shipping with run flats and it's up to the buyer to ask the retailer to swap out tires if they don't want them. At the dealer's discretion they can do it for free (good faith) or for whatever they want to charge.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.