Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friend wanted me to shoot his Aprilia Shiver 750 and thought that the Queen Mary should be a nice backdrop! Was going to save this when I get my wheels but what the heck! Hehe! Anyways here are the pics! Enjoy! :D

·
Registered
236 Posts
wow that is pretty low! i see why you didnt leave the front splitter on...

Reactions: gbert15

·
Registered
263 Posts
Love the pictures, We should have a q50 meet and you be the photographer :D LOL

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dumped on stocks!
Hopefully a month or a month and a half to go till that changes! :D

wow that is pretty low! i see why you didnt leave the front splitter on...
Haha yea! I am thinking of getting that splitter though! Have to wait for the rear diffuser first! :D

Love the pictures, We should have a q50 meet and you be the photographer :D LOL
Hahaha! Have everybody lined up to tale their pic! We'll have to see man! Not sure there are a lot that would go yet! I want to find another spot on Mission Rd in downtown LA, well...mostly east LA already, that has the backdrop of the buildings in downtown LA! Should be nice to shoot cars at night with the lights of the buildings turned on but dont have the equipment yet to get the proper lighting done! :eek:

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice HDR!
Thanks man but sorry to say its not HDR! Just a regular photo and some editing in Lightroom 5! Some added filters here and there! :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Nice work. Looked like HDR with the sky on number 4. Really beautiful moody clouds.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice work. Looked like HDR with the sky on number 4. Really beautiful moody clouds.
Thanks man! :)

Its actually a graduated filter that darkens a highlighted area creating those dramatic skies! The original photo had that washed out becuase of the harsh lighting! Thats why I like shooting RAW! U recover a lot of details from photos!

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm not a fan of dropped cars (especially the "slammed" look), but you sir are the Goldilocks of lowering cars: not too high and not too low... just right!

Thanks man! Just the look I was actually looking for! Something not too overly aggresively dropped but still keeping that nice stance! I actually hate wheel gap and so as long as its lessened at the very least, I am happy with the look of the car! :D

Go to love how just a drop makes the Q50 look amazing. I will be looking to mod my future Q50, seems like this will be my winter setup ;) Lowered on stock wheels and of course with winter tires.
Nice nice! Coils or springs? Looking forward to your set up man! :)

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
First to last shot is my favorite. The last one makes the car look too dark / kinda dirty.
Thanks man! Yea! I might recalibrate it on lightroom! I was able to adjust the temp to about 300 less than the original on that shot specifically! The notebook display doesnt help either! Most of my shots looks fine on my notebook but when I see it on my Note 2 it comes out too dark! :( In fairness though, the car was definitely dirty that day! Haha! :D

Definitely the way I'm going to do it as well. How low is your drop?
Installer said it was around 2.5 inches! We basically didnt set for a specific height but more of guage how I wanted the stance to be! I opted for just something above the tires and once it settled, it was just perfect for me! :D

Qbert, is your front bumper drilled for the License plate?

The pics are awesome.
It would look a tad better without the front license plate.
Nah! Its the stillen one which attatches to the tow hook!

Thanks man!

Yea, I would have taken it out but its such a hassle and wasnt really planning on shooting Oreo since it was a shoot for my friends bike! I didnt want to waste my time being there and the nice scenery so I said what the heck! Hehe! :D

I concur with many of our guys here, I think that the stance is perfect. And this is coming from someone who prefers to keep his cars stock.:D The ride height looks similar to the Eau Rouge. :cool:
Thanks man! I dont really like my cars too low! I like to have a balance of comfort and looks so this time I felt that as long as I eliminate that wheel gap then I am good! Only downside is I cant make my wheels too agressive either so a smaller lip for aftermarket wheels than I wanted is inevitable! :(

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.