1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
324 Posts
Pretty clean looking shoes. I'll gladly accept a free set. Or, just send the whole car, and fill the trunk with gold coins while you're at it.

Honestly, I don't know how you folks at Vossen sleep at night (I assume it's on a giant pile of money), given the longing and heartache you instill in so many of us every time you post these pictures.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Not really a fan of this set but awesome promotional vid and pics as always guys! How about one in some polished silver cv7s or matte silver cv3s! :D

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Looks great Mike, keep up the good work! Looking forward to following the Vossen Q50S built.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Mike,

I wanted to ask a question on the tires as well. From you guys tweaking the wheels/tires on the Q50, what do you think in the largest size tire you could comfortably fit in there using the stock 19" sport wheels?

While I like your Vossen wheels, I really do love the look of the stock 19 inchers. But I'd like to soften up the ride by replacing the Run-Flats and possibly going slightly larger in diameter to put a little more cushion between wheel & road. Of course I don't want to go too much and create rubbing and/or speedo/computer calculation errors.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What's the size of the tires?
Mike,

I wanted to ask a question on the tires as well. From you guys tweaking the wheels/tires on the Q50, what do you think in the largest size tire you could comfortably fit in there using the stock 19" sport wheels?

While I like your Vossen wheels, I really do love the look of the stock 19 inchers. But I'd like to soften up the ride by replacing the Run-Flats and possibly going slightly larger in diameter to put a little more cushion between wheel & road. Of course I don't want to go too much and create rubbing and/or speedo/computer calculation errors.
Hey you might be able to overspec the stock tires. To be honest the Q50 has a fairly meaty low profile tire since its larger. For comparisons sake the IS uses a 245/30/20 and 285/25/20 which some might call "rubber bands":D

Stock your size is
19 x 8.5-inch, triple 5-spoke aluminum-alloy wheels with 245/40R19 summer run-flat performance tires

We have not tested it but you should be able to go to a 245/45/19 but it might rub with people in the car and it will throw your odometer off. To me a 40 series is a fairly thick tire.

My strong advice, get rid of those run-flats!! They are horrid, the car drives so much better without them. To me the car felt like it was on glass with the run-flats. We recommend Nitto and Toyo, if you want the best hard to beat Michelin Super Sports but they are costly.

Clearly we are in the wheel business but TIRES are so crucial, they are all that is keeping you together with the road. For those that play sports its the difference between a great pair of sneakers and one that is for the wrong sport. Imagine playing soccer/football/baseball in some running shoes!

How about you just post up the specs of the tires and rims :D
Thanks guys. We didn't want to post it up at first since the copytition will know but I think after 2 months its okay lol..

20x9 +32
20x10.5 +45

Tires are

245/35/20 and 285/30/20

So no difference from the G37. This gives you minimal difference in diameter so things are good for your car. A RWD car with 328hp like the G37 IMO needs fatter rubber on the vehicle. Even cruising around I prefer the planted feel with our wheel/tire combo, its not just about high speed corners etc.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Do the older vossen wheels work with the tpms? Like on the vossen vvs084 or 083?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a Hybrid S & I'm wondering if changing my tire size or lowering my car will affect the Li-ion charging system...thoughts? I'm only wanting to bump to 20's from the stock 19's & I'd like to go a little wider...

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'd also like to pick up some Vossen wheels, but no one has replied to my dealer inquiry on your website.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
Totally agree about the rear tires needing more meat, at least for the G37. Offsets were a given for the coupe but AFAIK the sedan never got that option. I'm liking the wider rear rubber on my GS, measures 265/35R19.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sorry, I will follow up with Allen on your dealer requests and Diego will send a PM.

I have a Hybrid S & I'm wondering if changing my tire size or lowering my car will affect the Li-ion charging system...thoughts? I'm only wanting to bump to 20's from the stock 19's & I'd like to go a little wider...
Our experience with Lexus hybrids is that is doesn't effect anything. We don't have any experience with the Infiniti hybrid yet but I don't see why it would be any different. So you should be good to go.:cool:

·
Registered
68 Posts
20" wheels / Tire combo Hybrid

with the thought that the Hybrid should be able to sustain 20"s . what is the best size for tires and wheel offset for the Hybrid sport? as the others have noted ready to purchase now. is there a vossen recommendation with all the same size tire and wheel but one that will provide a full look? 265-40-20?
thanks

Reactions: [email protected]
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.