Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have instructions on how to pull down the overhead console?

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
6,087 Posts

A remover tool may be helpful to release the two metal clips located at the front of the map light console. Just don't start at the back as the pawls won't release until the clips are disengaged and the console moved forward.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A BIG thank you to @Avedis53...my BlackVue DR750S dual channel Dash Cams are now installed!

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
6,087 Posts
the metal clips broke , what can I do ? Please help
I'm assuming that the metal clips are removable from the map lamp assembly? Contact your Infiniti dealership for new clips.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The metal clips are removable but I cannot see how they could have broken as they are sprung metal. Mine remained in the upper roof holes when I pulled it down and all I had to do was pull them out and reinstall on the consoles plastic tabs to insert it back into place.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
6,087 Posts
Perhaps his plastic tabs broke? In which case, he's probably looking at a new console assembly.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@Avedis53...that is the only thing that makes any sense but, if pulled straight down from the windshield side, I am still unclear how anything could have gotten damaged.

·
Registered
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
1,691 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
6,087 Posts
How do you break metal??
I don't think the clips themselves are entirely metal but I'm not sure. The tabs on the assembly most likely are though.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The clips are 100% metal...the tabs on the console that they attach to are plastic.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
6,087 Posts
The clips are 100% metal...the tabs on the console that they attach to are plastic.
Good, that answers that. He most likely broke the plastic tabs the metal clips attach to on the map lamp assembly then. Those assemblies run at least a couple hundred dollars or more depending on whether there is a sunroof or not.

What about the map lamp assembly bracket that the map lamp assembly attaches to? Do the metal clips seat into plastic tabs on that also? Could have broke those instead.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not sure what you mean by "map lamp assembly" as the entire console only has the two fangs that hook over the headliner closest to the sunroof and the metal clips that attach to the roof near the windshield. The holes in the roof are all metal and no plastic there for them to snap into so has to be the plastic tabs on the overhead console that the OP is speaking about.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
6,087 Posts
Not sure what you mean by "map lamp assembly" as the entire console only has the two fangs that hook over the headliner closest to the sunroof and the metal clips that attach to the roof near the windshield. The holes in the roof are all metal and no plastic there for them to snap into so has to be the plastic tabs on the overhead console that the OP is speaking about.
That's what Infiniti calls the console with the map lights in it. If there's no plastic tabs on the map lamp assembly bracket which the map lamp assembly attaches to, then he broke the plastic tabs on the map lamp assembly. It will have to be replaced.

Did you use a tool to release the clips or just pull on it with your hands?

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just pulled it down with my hands...was super easy and then just popped out.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
6,087 Posts
I just pulled it down with my hands...was super easy and then just popped out.
Perhaps he'll respond to this thread with more information on what exactly he did to break them.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Very strange how he just “disappeared”.....

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
6,087 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts