Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I disagree. The dealer may have had information or an explanation on why the transmission should be replaced, which would answer the very question you're asking.
I already explained that above. Didn't you read my post? Your DTC indicated a bad output speed sensor. I explained how to get to the sensor. If it's just the sensor, there's no reason to replace the transmission unless the service department found other problems besides the sensor and determined the transmission is bad. The fail safes you are experiencing (no manual shift, restricted gear shifts) are triggered by the DTC. If the faulty output speed sensor is replaced, the car will shift normally again.

Sheesh!
that’s all I wanted to know dickhead.. I just needed to know if I should replace the trans all together or just the sensor

·
Registered
487 Posts
that’s all I wanted to know dickhead.. I just needed to know if I should replace the trans all together or just the sensor
Come on. How did this thread get stupid so quick? If you won't tell us what the dealership said then you are the dickhead.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
12,790 Posts
And you were told twice now. I suggest you keep it civil if you want to remain on this forum.

·
Banned
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
And you were told twice now. I suggest you keep it civil if you want to remain on this forum.
your a nobody dude. I told you what the dealershiptold me I just need to know if
Come on. How did this thread get stupid so quick? If you won't tell us what the dealership said then you are the dickhead.
because your being a smart ass and condescending

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
12,790 Posts
your a nobody dude. I told you what the dealershiptold me I just need to know if

because your being a smart ass and condescending
You were warned. Now you can think about your behavior for a week.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
12,790 Posts

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
For a while there, I thought either he was talking to himself or just doesn't like the Edit option. Oh well, hope he'd use his time off to decide whether to listen to the dealer or use the suggestions posted on here.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
12,790 Posts
When someone starts denigrating other members here (especially me), that's when I draw the line. There will be no Jeffped wannabes here as long as I'm a moderator. One was enough.

·
Registered
2 Posts
so I was on the highway the other day and check engine light came on. this p0720 code came up and the car won’t go into manual mode idk what this is. Took the car to auto zone to scan and the code was p0720 but the the guy said it was a transmission issue so please my Infiniti bros tell me that auto zone is wrong and it’s just a sensor
Did you decide what to do? I am in this same issue and would be curious to hear what you decided? I also have been asking if I can just replace the sensor or does the entire transmission valve have to be changed. I am hearing conflicting points on whether or not this can be done. I was initially told you can just get to the sensor because it is on the tail shaft of the transmission (without changing the transmission valve) but reports here say otherwise and an Infiniti bulletin from 2019 also noted otherwise.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
12,790 Posts
Did you decide what to do? I am in this same issue and would be curious to hear what you decided? I also have been asking if I can just replace the sensor or does the entire transmission valve have to be changed. I am hearing conflicting points on whether or not this can be done. I was initially told you can just get to the sensor because it is on the tail shaft of the transmission (without changing the transmission valve) but reports here say otherwise and an Infiniti bulletin from 2019 also noted otherwise.
Marquise is in a timeout until 7/27 so he can reflect on his lack of manners.

Reports from where that say otherwise? Not from here. Show me the bulletin or a link. I'd like to see it.

Sounds like you haven't read this thread as that's been answered on the previous page.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Marquise is in a timeout until 7/27 so he can reflect on his lack of manners.

Reports from where that say otherwise? Not from here. Show me the bulletin or a link. I'd like to see it.

Sounds like you haven't read this thread as that's been answered on the previous page.
I did go through all of the thread but maybe I missed where he stated what he decided he was going to do. You all lost me with all of the bickering back and forth so I could have overlooked that detail. I was mainly looking for his decision on what he was planning to have done to the vehicle not the consensus of the thread's recommendation. I will go back and re-read when I have time to see if I can find it.

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
I did go through all of the thread but maybe I missed where he stated what he decided he was going to do. You all lost me with all of the bickering back and forth so I could have overlooked that detail. I was mainly looking for his decision on what he was planning to have done to the vehicle not the consensus of the thread's recommendation. I will go back and re-read when I have time to see if I can find it.
It’s not about what Marquise decided to do. Read Avedis53’s posts and your questions will be answered.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
12,790 Posts
Marquise doesn't have a clue, trust me. There has been more than one member here who had an output speed sensor fail. You don't throw out the transmission if the sensor needs to be replaced. You do have to gain clear access to the transmission in order to separate the rear extension (10) from the transmission assembly (1) and replace the output speed sensor (9).

This was in the second post of this thread.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts