Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need help. I've read the posts online and I understand
A) the shifter from the g37 or z370 will fit
B) I've confirmed that the plugs are there in the steering column.
C) no one address the column cover issue, perhaps because it may be an easy issue but I'm lost about it. Some say they bought their new covers online for $40, but i cna't seem to find one....ive even take the VIN number for 2014 Q50S models and tried looking parts online for images but they all list both part with and without slots and don't have actual part pictures.

What I have not been able to figure out is the steering column cover issue:
1) I believe that a slot cannot be cut because of fitment issues...it has to be a two piece solution so that the 2and piece can clip into the other to close up opening once slid over the installed shifters....right...a slot cant be cut?
2) which column cover to buy on Ebay that will fit my car with the paddle shifter slots? I'm totally lost on this cover issue...

I've posted pics from an ad that says this is for a 08-14 Infiniti G35 G37 Q60 370z Coupe. Pictures are below.

Question regarding this cover is:
A) the bottom of my cover is flat...a part of mine does not stick out like this one
B) the power steering tilt button does not come out like this one does

Any help and guidance is greatly appreciated.

Can some who has done this to a 2014 or 2015 post pics of their column cover from the left side and underside?

Anyone with a 2014 Q50S post the same pics?

Cant attach pictures for some reason ... trying to figure it out in the mean time, links down below

one i found online for 08-14 Infiniti G35 G37 Q60 370z

picture of my 2014 Q50

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
If you have the power tilt/telescope wheel then the correct part number for the shroud is: 48470-4GF0A. The shroud is hard to find and what does exist on ebay is like $120+, which personally I think is a lot for a plastic piece.

So far I have contacted 10 different salvage yards around the country myself and have yet to find one that had a car with paddle/shroud still available. I refuse to pay $300+ for a pair of switches and a shroud from ebay.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you have the power tilt/telescope wheel then the correct part number for the shroud is: 48470-4GF0A. The shroud is hard to find and what does exist on ebay is like $120+, which personally I think is a lot for a plastic piece.

So far I have contacted 10 different salvage yards around the country myself and have yet to find one that had a car with paddle/shroud still available. I refuse to pay $300+ for a pair of switches and a shroud from ebay.

Thank you for the quick reply...I've seen that part number. BUT, the picture does not match ... meaning it does not show the shifter slot, nor two piece bottom piece? so that makes me feel like the part number is wrong?? am i understanding it correctly?

and the google search for this part returns a lot of pictures that don't match and parts listed that don't even include the bottom piece...so this is also confusing to me.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Thank you for the quick reply...I've seen that part number. BUT, the picture does not match ... meaning it does not show the shifter slot, nor two piece bottom piece? so that makes me feel like the part number is wrong?? am i understanding it correctly?
This part is both the top and bottom pieces and has a hole on the left side for power tilt/telescope lever. You would still need the bolts that hold on the paddles also, this is just for the 2 plastic pieces.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just to confirm, even though this the picture does not show the paddle shifter slots, this is the correct piece?

·
Registered
18 Posts
C) no one address the column cover issue, perhaps because it may be an easy issue but I'm lost about it. Some say they bought their new covers online for $40, but i cna't seem to find one....ive even take the VIN number for 2014 Q50S models and tried looking parts online for images but they all list both part with and without slots and don't have actual part pictures.

1) I believe that a slot cannot be cut because of fitment issues...it has to be a two piece solution so that the 2and piece can clip into the other to close up opening once slid over the installed shifters....right...a slot cant be cut?
2) which column cover to buy on Ebay that will fit my car with the paddle shifter slots? I'm totally lost on this cover issue...

I've posted pics from an ad that says this is for a 08-14 Infiniti G35 G37 Q60 370z Coupe. Pictures are below.

A) the bottom of my cover is flat...a part of mine does not stick out like this one

Can some who has done this to a 2014 or 2015 post pics of their column cover from the left side and underside?

Cant attach pictures for some reason ... trying to figure it out in the mean time, links down below

picture of my 2014 Q50

I had no issues installing a set of 370z paddles in my 15 Q50. I too was having a hard time trying to find a factory replacement, so for the time being I used a dremmel to cut holes in the bottom piece of the cover. It doesn't look factory because the holes are too big, but I had trouble fitting it one there with my first 2 cuts. When and if I sell it, then I'll look again for factory wheel shroud with the cut outs.
Also if I knew then what I do now, I would have made the cut bigger the first go around, and probably could have fabricated some way to put the cut out piece back once it was installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
These guys have a complete kit available (including the trim pieces).

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had no issues installing a set of 370z paddles in my 15 Q50. I too was having a hard time trying to find a factory replacement, so for the time being I used a dremmel to cut holes in the bottom piece of the cover. It doesn't look factory because the holes are too big, but I had trouble fitting it one there with my first 2 cuts. When and if I sell it, then I'll look again for factory wheel shroud with the cut outs.
Also if I knew then what I do now, I would have made the cut bigger the first go around, and probably could have fabricated some way to put the cut out piece back once it was installed.
Sweet! Thank you for sharing!!...do you mind like measuring the hole you cut?

Maybe measure the hole locations relative to top and back side to reference a start point for the cut out?

Also are these cut out just squares or did you cut the lip back to behind the steering wheel?

I'll make a template that I can share with everyone if you can do that and give any other feedback or suggestions.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
These guys have a complete kit available (including the trim pieces).
I cant spend that much

·
Registered
101 Posts
I had no issues installing a set of 370z paddles in my 15 Q50
I did not realize that the 370Z used the same paddles also, do you know what years I should look for that are compatible?

Maybe measure the hole locations relative to top and back side to reference a start point for the cut out?

Also are these cut out just squares or did you cut the lip back to behind the steering wheel?

I'll make a template that I can share with everyone if you can do that and give any other feedback or suggestions.
Some hole dimensions/location would be great, I actually do have a dremmel so I would not mind cutting the holes if its not too involved. My car is not leased anyways, so if I screw up all it would do is bother me every time I get into the car.

·
Registered
18 Posts

Here is a couple more pics with a tape measure for reference. You can see in the one picture the bottom cut followed the molding line.
I do believe that cut could have been moved up a 1/4 to a half inch making it not as noticable, but it's been a year since I did this, so I can't specifically remember exactly where I had the most trouble. I do know that if I would have taken the wheel off it would have been much easier.

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
Here is a couple more pics with a tape measure for reference. You can see in the one picture the bottom cut followed the molding line.
I do believe that cut could have been moved up a 1/4 to a half inch making it not as noticable, but it's been a year since I did this, so I can't specifically remember exactly where I had the most trouble. I do know that if I would have taken the wheel off it would have been much easier.
Thank for the measurements, I was finally able to source some paddles so I will be attempting this modification when they arrive.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sweet. Thx!

I too found a pair. Will be taking wheel off I think as well. It's pretty easy to remove it.

Here is what I have in mind:
I know the lever can be removed from the base (because people change it out for carbon ones).

Then all you need to do is cut a small slot. Insert the paddle and reconnect to base of shfter.

Then you drill two holes for the screw and nut. Ine in the front and one in side.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well, it turns out that if you have the power tilt and telescoping steering, then you need to get the 48470-4GF0A shroud. the switch is right at where the left paddle shifter is....hence why the shroud 48470-4GF0A has it popped out and not flush with the face of the steering cover....i have no other option to spend another $130.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hit up Turbo Toys in Tampa, FL. He has a ton of parts on the shelves and may have the shroud that you’re looking for.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hit up Turbo Toys in Tampa, FL. He has a ton of parts on the shelves and may have the shroud that you’re looking for.

picture of my 2014 Q50

Good afternoon all, a BNIB shroud kit just popped on EBAY for $52.00 or so it is the 484704GF0A version, hope this helps

1 - 16 of 16 Posts