Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you wanted paddle shifters in your non sport Q50 you can get it done for around $300 and it’s totally worth every penny. It’s only available for 2014-2016 I think but you might want to check up on the other year models.

I managed to lose the link I got the steering column shroud from but I got my paddles off eBay for $175. You can get Q paddles or the ones from the 370Z and even some other Infiniti SUV’s.

Install is super easy and can be found on YouTube!

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Cool. I had looked into this as well should I decide to add them. From what I found you just take the lower column plastic off and if you have the harness available you're good to go.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool. I had looked into this as well should I decide to add them. From what I found you just take the lower column plastic off and if you have the harness available you're good to go.
You have to buy the shroud for the sport model Q50 for the paddles to fit, as well as 2 bolts and 2 nuts. But other than that it’s super easy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
It’s only available for 2014-2016 I think but you might want to check up on the other year models.
2014 thru 2017.

The change in paddles occurred with the 2018 model year.

·
Premium Member
2015 Q50 AWD Premium
161 Posts
If you wanted paddle shifters in your non sport Q50 you can get it done for around $300 and it’s totally worth every penny. It’s only available for 2014-2016 I think but you might want to check up on the other year models.

I managed to lose the link I got the steering column shroud from but I got my paddles off eBay for $175. You can get Q paddles or the ones from the 370Z and even some other Infiniti SUV’s.

Install is super easy and can be found on YouTube! View attachment 92326 View attachment 92327
Wow, $300 is too expensive. I installed OEM altima/maxima paddle shifters and I only spent $60 on the shifters off ebay. Although I am currently runnning no bottom shroud I am needing to buy the steering wheel lower shroud cover off a sport model which is $133 @ CZP website. So I'll be into the full-set up for less than $200.

IMO, I think the maxima/altima shifters match the q50 interior better. They are wider, all silver and no leather on them. Here's photos of mine:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, $300 is too expensive. I installed OEM altima/maxima paddle shifters and I only spent $60 on the shifters off ebay. Although I am currently runnning no bottom shroud I am needing to buy the steering wheel lower shroud cover off a sport model which is $133 @ CZP website. So I'll be into the full-set up for less than $200.

IMO, I think the maxima/altima shifters match the q50 interior better. They are wider, all silver and no leather on them. Here's photos of mine:

View attachment 92358

View attachment 92359
I’m not big fan of those paddles, the leather is perfect for the Q50 since basically the whole interior is leather.

·
Premium Member
2015 Q50 AWD Premium
161 Posts
I’m not big fan of those paddles, the leather is perfect for the Q50 since basically the whole interior is leather.

Yeah I like both, I have your style in my QX70S but I prefer these Alti/Maxi ones in the Q. I'm just letting future viewers know that other shifters fit as well. Didn't mean to hi-jack your thread.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I like both, I have your style in my QX70S but I prefer these Alti/Maxi ones in the Q. I'm just letting future viewers know that other shifters fit as well. Didn't mean to hi-jack your thread.
No you’re fine! I didn’t realize other paddles fit, that’s a good option if someone was looking for something on a budget.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts

View attachment 92358

View attachment 92359
Oh nice idea I may try that on my G37.

·
Registered
81 Posts

View attachment 92358

View attachment 92359
What nuts and bolts are needed to make this work? Also, what year Altima/Maxima is compatible?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What nuts and bolts are needed to make this work? Also, what year Altima/Maxima is compatible?
Parts Used:
Paddle Shifters (same as 370z, G37): 25549-JK000
Steering Column Cover (with Auto-Tilt): 48470-4GF0A
Bolts (Quantity: 2): 08146-6122G
Nuts (Quantity: 2): 08911-10637

This is what I went by im not sure about the maxima paddles.

·
Premium Member
2015 Q50 AWD Premium
161 Posts
2009-2013 years, any years with paddle shifters

I used bolts & nuts from home depot. I have the bag around somewhere. Followed a YouTube video. It was $3

·
Premium Member
2015 Q50 AWD Premium
161 Posts
These size nut/bolt combo pack from Home Depot and 2 other random 12mm nuts I had. It's very easy.

·
Registered
81 Posts
2009-2013 years, any years with paddle shifters

I used bolts & nuts from home depot. I have the bag around somewhere. Followed a YouTube video. It was $3
You think it would be possible to cut a hole in the steering wheel shroud, instead of replacing it?

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
You think it would be possible to cut a hole in the steering wheel shroud, instead of replacing it?
Hmmm I was gonna swap mine with the cover from another Q50 with the shifters installed
but now that you mention it I do have a dremel...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hmmm I was gonna swap mine with the cover from another Q50 with the shifters installed
but now that you mention it I do have a dremel...
I considered this but the auto tilt controls (if you have it, I’m not sure about manual tilt) has to be relocated. But it may work with manual tilt.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
I considered this but the auto tilt controls (if you have it, I’m not sure about manual tilt) has to be relocated. But it may work with manual tilt.

It's powered tilt on my car so if I do go the cutting route I'd be able to retain that without too many modifications.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts