Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
It's powered tilt on my car so if I do go the cutting route I'd be able to retain that without too many modifications.
I’m not sure it would work with auto tilt, the housing for it is moved up and out about 4 inches from the original position.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
This might help
Miss-understand I'd leave the stock housing and just make some extra clearance for the paddles by
removing some material.

I shouldn't have to relocate the position selector.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Miss-understand I'd leave the stock housing and just make some extra clearance for the paddles by
removing some material.

I shouldn't have to relocate the position selector.
It’s worth a shot, but the paddles are pretty bulky on the back. When I looked it didn’t look like it would clear it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
81 Posts
I considered this but the auto tilt controls (if you have it, I’m not sure about manual tilt) has to be relocated. But it may work with manual tilt.

I have the manual tilt, so I dont really have to work around anything, and be careful not cutting something on accident. Worst case scenario, ill just buy a new steering wheel shroud from a sport.

·
Premium Member
2015 Q50 AWD Premium
161 Posts
You think it would be possible to cut a hole in the steering wheel shroud, instead of replacing it?
I tried doing that and I failed terribly. I don't think anyone has successfully done it yet

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
It’s worth a shot, but the paddles are pretty bulky on the back. When I looked it didn’t look like it would clear it.

Ah well, nothing ventured nothing gained as the old saying goes. Hah

·
Registered
81 Posts
If I buy the sport steering wheel shroud, can I only buy the lower cover, or do I have to buy the top as well?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
If I buy the sport steering wheel shroud, can I only buy the lower cover, or do I have to buy the top as well?
If you can find a used lower it will fit with the top, but most places sell the whole assembly together. I checked my local pull a part lots to see if I could find one with shifters. I had no luck tho.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts