Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have knowledge of the paint sealant offered by Infiniti?
Is it necessary?
Worth extra expense?
How long does it last?
Can you still wax car after sealant is applied?

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Can't speak to Infiniti specifically, but I do nothing but wash my BMW. It's about 7 years old and the paint that hasn't been scratched or scuffed still looks like new. I think that's typical for any modern car maker.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Does anyone have knowledge of the paint sealant offered by Infiniti?
Is it necessary?
Worth extra expense?
How long does it last?
Can you still wax car after sealant is applied?

Thanks for any input.
How much is it? I know the dealers usually mark that stuff up like ****, but maybe if you can get a quote for paint sealant from a third party, you can show that to the dealer and have them match it (some profit better than no profit). Saves you the trouble of bringing it to a third party and then wishing it doesn't rain til you get to your garage.

I've never done something like that, but I'm gonna give it a shot.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
People have been saying that what the dealer is offering is not worth it and u should be able to get better deals outside! So far this will be my first time using paint sealant on my car and have turned ti Selzini fir advice! Read his write up in the detailing section about Master Formula! Its a once a year application! What I will probably do is clay bar the car first then apply the Master Formula! There was another suggestion from cfrp for opticoat! A lot more expensive but it seems to do the job well! Just search those 2 at the detailing section if the forum!

Hope that somehow helps! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.