Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to say that I have nothing to do with the company. I bought this product at the Atlanta Auto Show in 2007, soon after I took delivery of my G. I was hesitant to buy the thing, but they were selling two bottles(paint sealant and metal gloss) for $10, total, and the demonstration looked promising. As I have stated, I applied the sealant just the one time, and have kept the car clean, and waxed it a couple of times a year. The paint still looks brand new. I recently went to their website, and purchased another bottle, along with their quick detailer. If I remember correctly, the sealant is around $22, plus s/h. As I have about a third of a bottle left from the first time, just the one bottle will be enough to cover the car. I also have a lot of the Metal Gloss left, which I will put on the rims.

The product is Master Formula Sealer Gloss. You asked for a write up, so, if you don't mind the reading, the following is the complete description and directions, taken right off the bottle:

Master Formula Sealer Gloss Protective Sealer waterproofs, protects, and seals any hard surface. It leaves a durable, glossy, protective coating that's easily maintained and lasts up to one full year.(As I said, I've never reapplied it). It is excellent for use on any painted surface. These surfaces include all car, truck and motorcycle finishes such as clear coats, gel coats, plastics, and fiberglass, and is equally excellent on metal surfaces. Great for aluminum, chrome, brass, stainless steel, and more.

DIRECTIONS: Shake thoroughly. Generously apply with a soft, clean cloth.(I use - by hand - a simple wax applicator pad). Allow plenty of time to dry(5 minutes or more), then easily buff to a perfect mirror finish. That's all there is to it! Do not apply to hot surfaces or in direct sunlight. Future removal of road grime, bugs, tar, tree sap, etc. is much easier when the surface is sealed with Master Formula Sealer Gloss. Between washings, be sure to use Master Formula Extreme Gloss Instant Detailer for that beautiful, wet look.(I can't swear to that, since I only just bought the detailer, but will give my opinion of it after I use it on the Q50).

I've often been told that the "paint sealant" that dealers would tack on to the sale for a few hundred dollars, was nothing more than what you could do yourself for much, much less. The only thing I wonder about this product is why it isn't sold in stores. I've only ever seen it on the Internet(and at the car show, of course). I have to assume that they go to many car shows.

I know that it's going to be a hot and painful(I've got a bad back) couple of hours in my garage when the car comes, but it will be worth it. Maybe I'll get up very early the next day so I don't sweat so much. :D Luckily, the dealership is only about five minutes away, so a re-wash before application won't be necessary. They know not to apply any wax to the car in their prep. I hope all this helps.

:D Just thought of it: maybe I should contact the company to see if they want to pay me a commission. :D

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Video of you applying the sealant in short shorts or not true! :D

Thanks for posting this man! Will definitely look the product up and buy one before the Q arrives! Any special prepping u do before application? Maybe claybar the car first?

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Video of you applying the sealant in short shorts or not true! :D

Thanks for posting this man! Will definitely look the product up and buy one before the Q arrives! Any special prepping u do before application? Maybe claybar the car first?
What, and get the women on the Forum all excited? I refuse to be responsible for that!:D

As far as prepping the car, I didn't, except for a good washing. The car was practically new, so it didn't need a clay bar treatment. Since the Q will only be out in the open for about five or ten minutes, I doubt it will need it - it better not be needed!

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
Thanks man!
When my Q50 arrives I will let you know so that you can come over and apply for me! I have the garage, and I will have the car!:D

Reactions: gbert15

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Well see how mine will last! Our garage doesn't have a roof or is enclosed so my Q50 will be more exposed to the elements! :(

·
Registered
395 Posts
This stuff looks alot like Zaino Brothers. Zaino Store. If it is, it is very good stuff. I have used it for years starting with my 2003 g35.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I remember that after I bought the GCoupe, many of the Fresh Alloy members were big boosters of the Zaino system. It just looked like a lot of extra work, though the pictures of their cars were great. I just wasn't that anal about the car.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
What, and get the women on the Forum all excited? I refuse to be responsible for that!:D

As far as prepping the car, I didn't, except for a good washing. The car was practically new, so it didn't need a clay bar treatment. Since the Q will only be out in the open for about five or ten minutes, I doubt it will need it - it better not be needed!
What? No clay bar from the factory? That's the time in it's life it will have the most overspray! They don't clay bar them on the way to the docks.

The FIRST thing I'll do is clay bar mine. Anyone that's dealt with clay knows what a difference in feel and look it can make. Of course, it's a huge, time consuming, pain in the butt and it's totally worth it. I used to clay my car annually in the spring before waxing and polishing it. Winter isn't that punishing here in Texas but there's still all kinds of road crap from all the rain and dirt that builds up, not to mention the gifts from birds and bugs.

I'm not saying everyone run home and clay your brand new car, but I'm OCD like that and I will want to touch every surface day one anyway.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
What? No clay bar from the factory? That's the time in it's life it will have the most overspray! They don't clay bar them on the way to the docks.

The FIRST thing I'll do is clay bar mine. Anyone that's dealt with clay knows what a difference in feel and look it can make. Of course, it's a huge, time consuming, pain in the butt and it's totally worth it. I used to clay my car annually in the spring before waxing and polishing it. Winter isn't that punishing here in Texas but there's still all kinds of road crap from all the rain and dirt that builds up, not to mention the gifts from birds and bugs.

I'm not saying everyone run home and clay your brand new car, but I'm OCD like that and I will want to touch every surface day one anyway.
+1 I will be flaying it right away and making sure it is super glossy and the apply the optimum opti coat 2.0 permanent sealant ...

Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 Permanent Paint Coating | Free Shipping Available - Detailed Image

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
+1 I will be flaying it right away and making sure it is super glossy and the apply the optimum opti coat 2.0 permanent sealant ...

Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 Permanent Paint Coating | Free Shipping Available - Detailed Image
Of course I'll check the car before putting on the sealant; I just figured that it wouldn't need it. Time will tell. As far as the Opti-Coat is concerned, I don't doubt that it's a good product, but it is not something that I would want to play with, especially since I know what the Master Formula will do. Of course, if YOU want to come to MY place and put it on MY car................:D

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
There are many versions of these durable/permanent coatings.

Opti-Coat is no doubt the most popular. It's a ceramic based coating.

There are other versions such as Wolfs Hardbody, cquartz/aquartz, G-Techniq, nanolex, permanon, etc.

New products are coming out all the time. This is the new trend for new cars as a way to protect the paint.

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
Ordered my Master Formula Sealer Gloss Protective this past Friday night, and received it in the mail yesterday. Thought that was super fast delivery.:eek:

Reactions: gbert15

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Ordered my Master Formula Sealer Gloss Protective this past Friday night, and received it in the mail yesterday. Thought that was super fast delivery.:eek:
Wow! That was quick! Ordered mine since monday last week and havent received mine yet! :(

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
OK guys, can you dumb it down for me please? I have never used any type of polish, protective coating or clay (whatever that is) on my cars before...that was my ex husband's job! ha Since he's in Japan for the next two years SOMETHING tells me he will be unwilling to commute back and forth to apply them for me. Umm and his "new" wife would probably have something to say about that too! ha :eek:

Sooooooooo can someone list all the type of sealants, polish, clay, protective coatings, etc...that I should purchase for my car as well as WHEN I should apply them?

THANKS GUYS!! ;)

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts

Not to make you over-think it, but keep in mind the car sat on a boat for a few weeks, plus sat outside at the port in Japan and LA, before coming to you. Plus, there's the extra adhesive that never all comes off when we peel the protective plastic off the car when it comes off the truck. If you're being anal enough to do the protector, I'd consider a good wash and clay-bar to get any extra dirt and/or adhesives off the car.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
OK guys, can you dumb it down for me please? I have never used any type of polish, protective coating or clay (whatever that is) on my cars before...that was my ex husband's job! ha Since he's in Japan for the next two years SOMETHING tells me he will be unwilling to commute back and forth to apply them for me. Umm and his "new" wife would probably have something to say about that too! ha :eek:

Sooooooooo can someone list all the type of sealants, polish, clay, protective coatings, etc...that I should purchase for my car as well as WHEN I should apply them?

THANKS GUYS!! ;)
I am no expert @ this as well and am just going by what other members have been advising! From what I gather, I will be washing my car then use the Meguiars Clay Bar Kit to take off the contaminants and oversprays, then use the Master Forumula Sealant!

Hope that helps!

Not to make you over-think it, but keep in mind the car sat on a boat for a few weeks, plus sat outside at the port in Japan and LA, before coming to you. Plus, there's the extra adhesive that never all comes off when we peel the protective plastic off the car when it comes off the truck. If you're being anal enough to do the protector, I'd consider a good wash and clay-bar to get any extra dirt and/or adhesives off the car.
Thats exactly what Im gonna do! Have purchased my master formula already and gonna wash then clay bar it first before applying that sealant! :D

Reactions: Infiniti Chick
1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.