Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone confirm whether all the promised apps are available or not? I just had my Q in for service and it was returned with nothing new added. This is frustrating!

·
Registered
573 Posts
InTouch being updated does not mean the Apps will be added/updated. We are all still waiting on the InTouch App and InTouch "Apps" to be officially released by Infiniti. The forums will surely blow up a bit when that finally happens.

Reactions: jackmacx

·
Registered
573 Posts
It was late fall, they keep delaying, supposed to be early 2014 now. Who knows, but it is frustrating.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
I did hear something today that I listened to with very (VERY) skeptical ears. Was told that if you have the current latest (i.e. you have the SXM apps), the update that adds Pandora, FB, etc., will be an over-the-air update.

The two of us in the room who are most technically savvy both looked at each other with wrinkled brows and quizzical smirks when that was mentioned. We'll see. Normally I wouldn't have given it any credence, but the guy from corporate who said it is usually accurate, credible and reliable.

Be patient Jack. It is coming, eventually. In the meantime you can stream Pandora from your phone via bluetooth or usb if it is an iPhone. Why you'd want FB in the car is still a mystery to me. I did talk with one FB employee who laughed but said he could see employees using it to "check in" while driving by HQ so coworkers thought they were at work even though they were out joyriding (my dealership is 5 miles from FB).

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
My SA mentioned this when mine was updated, a month ago.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Can you play Pandora from your phone using Bluetooth or USB? :confused:

Sorry if this is a noob question.
I've only used Pandora a few times on my desktop at work.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Well a few of the people on here that have android phones have been able to download the app. I personally tried it and accessed the apps. There's a Infiniti update for compass app, performance and headunit proxy. The calendar and email app are there as well. Unfortunately nothing else.... so I can see how Facebook and Pandora will be available using this. It doesn't use the cars 2G but the phones connection. Nevertheless, a 9 mb file took forever tp update.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
so I can see how Facebook and Pandora will be available using this. It doesn't use the cars 2G but the phones connection. Nevertheless, a 9 mb file took forever tp update.
Thats why I asked if you can just use Pandora off your phone.
Because it uses your phones connection anyway.

I guess even if you can use it off your phone it's probably still nicer to have it as an integrated app on the bigger touch screen.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's a beautiful car...on the outside. When you look at lesser cars, they are so much better tested and have things that work "out of the box". I'm approaching 6 months of ownership...paying full price...with lots of promised options that were part of the purchase price still not available. Likely my last Infiniti at this rate.

·
Registered
574 Posts
u post this on the wrong category..

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
I've given up waiting for the apps. I used Pandora and Spotify over BTA instead and it works good enough for me. Most of my other music is on USB anyway. They would really need to come up with something revolutionary for me to follow up on getting the apps anymore. I'm just over it now after 6 months of owning the car.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Can you play Pandora from your phone using Bluetooth or USB? :confused:

Sorry if this is a noob question.
I've only used Pandora a few times on my desktop at work.
Yes you can, if you sync your phone via bluetooth, it will play automatically when you play it on your phone, so long as your audio input is set to BTA, otherwise, you can simply plug into the USB port (better sound quality) and play it that way, with your audio input set as IPOD. But great feature to have for the long car rides.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Why you'd want FB in the car is still a mystery to me. I did talk with one FB employee who laughed but said he could see employees using it to "check in" while driving by HQ so coworkers thought they were at work even though they were out joyriding (my dealership is 5 miles from FB).
I can definitely see some novelty in using Facebook, personally.

I like Checking In on Facebook and it'd be cool to be able to do that through the car and seeing any comments or responses as they happen.

It's not something I'm pandering for obviously, but I do intend to use it once it's available. :)

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I can definitely see some novelty in using Facebook, personally.

I like Checking In on Facebook and it'd be cool to be able to do that through the car and seeing any comments or responses as they happen.

It's not something I'm pandering for obviously, but I do intend to use it once it's available. :)
I hope we have the option to delete the Facebook app. I don't want those spying scumbags anywhere near me, or my electronics.

Like Facebook? Check this out:

http://www.fastcompany.com/3025589/fast-feed/why-is-facebooks-app-asking-to-read-your-text-messages

Like Google Maps? Check this out:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jan/27/nsa-gchq-smartphone-app-angry-birds-personal-data

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.