Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 293 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if anyone has installed a pedal commander on their Q50. I've got the jb4 tuner on mine and I've reset my ecu but still have a lag when I really get on it and I purchased the pedal commander but I cant for the life of me figure out how to get to the pedal wire harness. Any info would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,595 Posts
I am still kicking around the PC. I probably would have selected the Burger Pedal Tuner but they say it is not compatible with Forward Emergency Braking. I'm not impressed with PC site. When you do a search for our cars, the hit result is the PC51. Yet our car is not listed on the page. I did confirm with them that we use the PC51. The PC is not compatible with cars that have intelligent cruise control. I have FEB but not ICC so my understanding is I can get the PC but not the BMS.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah luckily for me in one aspect is I have a luxe and no forward emergency braking. I contacted PC and made sure it was compatible with my car

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,595 Posts
Sorry just noticed your question about pedal wire harness. Do these help?

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I am still kicking around the PC. I probably would have selected the Burger Pedal Tuner but they say it is not compatible with Forward Emergency Braking. I'm not impressed with PC site. When you do a search for our cars, the hit result is the PC51. Yet our car is not listed on the page. I did confirm with them that we use the PC51. The PC is not compatible with cars that have intelligent cruise control. I have FEB but not ICC so my understanding is I can get the PC but not the BMS.
FEB and no ICC is my car setup as well. I called PC and the tech told me it is NOT compatable for our cars Tater. Now that I am ECUtek I don't need it any way though.

Reactions: ptatohed

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,595 Posts
FEB and no ICC is my car setup as well. I called PC and the tech told me it is NOT compatable for our cars Tater. Now that I am ECUtek I don't need it any way though.
Gosh, who to believe? This is what I received from a Carissa Lara of PC.

Hi <ptatohed>, thanks for reaching out to us. There is no issue with the Pedal Commander working with FEB, however the Pedal Commander does not work with Q50s that are equipped with adaptive cruise control. As long as you do not have adaptive cruise control on your Infiniti, the PC51 will work. Let us know if you have any other questions!

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Gosh, who to believe? This is what I received from a Carissa Lara of PC.

Hi <ptatohed>, thanks for reaching out to us. There is no issue with the Pedal Commander working with FEB, however the Pedal Commander does not work with Q50s that are equipped with adaptive cruise control. As long as you do not have adaptive cruise control on your Infiniti, the PC51 will work. Let us know if you have any other questions!
Huuummm..... The guy asked me if I have a motorized pedal (FEB cars do) and when I said yes, he said then it will not work.

Even if you order one it's not like you'll ever get around to installing it. :p

Reactions: Wheels43

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,595 Posts
Huuummm..... The guy asked me if I have a motorized pedal (FEB cars do) and when I said yes, he said then it will not work.

Even if you order one it's not like you'll ever get around to installing it. :p
Ouch, that stung. Low blow u1! lol

Reactions: u1arunit

·
Registered
1,604 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,595 Posts
True, no...? LOL 😂
Mmmm.... maybe.... but this one seems like a simple, straight forward install, so I might move it up on the priority list. ;)

Reactions: u1arunit

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
14,702 Posts
Mmmm.... maybe.... but this one seems like a simple, straight forward install, so I might move it up on the priority list. ;)
How can this be more simple and straight forward than installing a JB4? Your installations remind me of Samuel Beckett's play, "Waiting for Godot", where two characters are waiting for Godot to show up and he never does.

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,595 Posts
How can this be more simple and straight forward than installing a JB4? Your installations remind me of Samuel Beckett's play, "Waiting for Godot", where two characters are waiting for Godot to show up and he never does.
I've explained. I don't want to just slap it in and treat it like a Stage 1 (no such thing as a "JB1", FYI) with 3PSI. I want to understand and know which Map 6 I want (I think I do, actually). Then, I need to buy, load, and understand the ($26!!!! - sorry, tangent), app. Which my wife got me a $25 Google Play gift card last X-Mas for. :) I am worried I may be inept at the app. :( I need to decide if I am going through the grommet/firewall, or through the fender. Add fuel wires, and now EWG add-on. Lastly..... and maybe most importantl..... I want something to look forward to! So there!

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
14,702 Posts
I've explained. I don't want to just slap it in and treat it like a Stage 1 (no such thing as a "JB1", FYI) with 3PSI. I want to understand and know which Map 6 I want (I think I do, actually). Then, I need to buy, load, and understand the ($26!!!! - sorry, tangent), app. Which my wife got me a $25 Google Play gift card last X-Mas for. :) I am worried I may be inept at the app. :( I need to decide if I am going through the grommet/firewall, or through the fender. Add fuel wires, and now EWG add-on. Lastly..... and maybe most importantl..... I want something to look forward to! So there!
The JB4 app is $28 so I hope that doesn't set you back another six months. The app is simple to use. Go through the fender instead of the grommet, add the EWG wires and skip the fuel wires for now. I will walk you through anything you need help with. Why dream about the future improvement when you could be experiencing it now?

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,595 Posts
The JB4 app is $28 so I hope that doesn't set you back another six months. The app is simple to use. Go through the fender instead of the grommet, add the EWG wires and skip the fuel wires for now. I will walk you through anything you need help with. Why dream about the future improvement when you could be experiencing it now?
Thanks bud.

Remember when Butthead told Beavis he needs to wait for his present because he (Butthead) wants him (Beavis) to be surprised? And Beavis' reply was "Give it to me now, and I'll be surprised now". Makes sense.

P.S. $28!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! 😱

• Haha
Reactions: Q50Wolf

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
14,702 Posts
You have no idea what you're missing out on. Let's do this!

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,595 Posts
You have no idea what you're missing out on. Let's do this!
Ok, I think I want to plop in my expansion tanks and then I will move on to the JB^4. Thanks!

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
14,702 Posts
JB4 > Expansion tanks. Prioritize.

Reactions: jaydubb71

·
Registered
2017 Q50 Red Sport AWD
131 Posts
Did anyone come to a final conclusion on compatibility with the Pedal Commander? I don't have adaptive cruise control but do have FEB.

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,595 Posts
Did anyone come to a final conclusion on compatibility with the Pedal Commander? I don't have adaptive cruise control but do have FEB.
I know I was told no for sure from BMS. I'm trying to remember what PC told me.

Ah, just noticed. It's right there in PC's page. Looks like no. :(

Note: Pedal Commander is NOT compatible with Infiniti vehicles equipped with adaptive cruise control or predictive forward collision warning.

Edit: On BMS's page as well.....

*NOTE: The BMS Pedal tuner is not compatible with Infiniti/Nissan vehicles that have the forward crash protection feature (auto-braking feature). This only applies to Infiniti/Nissan vehicles.

·
Registered
2017 Q50 Red Sport AWD
131 Posts
Ugh, thanks. I saw that also on the PC website. I guess my hope was that I had FEB but not PFCW. I don't have my window sticker anymore, and reading the manual it's vague on whether if you have FEB, you also must have the PFCW (although it says that turning off FEB means you turn off PFCW also - even though PFCW doesn't show up on the screen). Was hoping PFCW was like lane departure intervention (exact name may be wrong; the system that will actually steer your vehicle, which I don't have). It's almost like the manufacturers don't want us messing around with all this stuff ha!

1 - 20 of 293 Posts