Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
221 - 240 of 278 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Q50 Red Sport AWD
131 Posts
Yessir!! Easy to complete install after getting initial plug unhooked. Tested it very briefly, drive around the block was all. No CELs, definitely "feels" more responsive. Will have to run some 0-30mph runs with dragy here where I am in the city to see if performance actually is improved or placebo effect.
Don't laugh, but personal best 0-30mph! At least it's not slower!

Blue Rectangle Font Parallel Technology

Reactions: ptatohed

·
Registered
2017 Q50 Red Sport AWD
131 Posts
No idea, never seen 0 to 30. What's your best 0 to 60?
4.46 but was invalid on dragy (slope of -1.05%). I live in the middle of city and rarely get to open it up. I'm trying to convince my brother to help me install the FI CBE and WMI that have just been sitting there for weeks.

Reactions: Ddnspider

·
Registered
2014 Q50 Sport
165 Posts
I CAN'T GET OVER DUDE PUTTING THROTTLE CONTROLLER IN SAME SENTENCE WITH JB4,,,right now I can't enjoy jb4,,having 3.7,, but combined!!,,gotta be something special,,

·
Registered
2017 Q50 Red Sport AWD
131 Posts
Also dragy will show 0-30 times under the 0-60 runs.

·
Registered
2017 Q50 Red Sport AWD
131 Posts
I CAN'T GET OVER DUDE PUTTING THROTTLE CONTROLLER IN SAME SENTENCE WITH JB4,,,right now I can't enjoy jb4,,having 3.7,, but combined!!,,gotta be something special,,
Supercharger :LOL:

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,595 Posts
Did somebody say budget minded?

·
Registered
2017 Q50 Red Sport AWD
131 Posts
I will. I was just letting you guys go first, lol.
Reporting back that it feels great. Don't care if placebo or not. Also, FEB kicked in when a car cut me off and worked just like normal, no issues.

Reactions: ptatohed

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
14,673 Posts
Ok. I finally got the Sprint Booster installed. I located the connector on top of the pedal assembly with the borescope right where it is supposed to be. I pulled the lower instrument panel for better access but this old body with two shoulder surgeries didn't take too well to the contortions necessary to access the connector. I just couldn't apply enough upward force while pressing on the connector release tab. There's a stereo and tint installer 2 blocks from my house and I figured he dealt with tight spaces and connectors on a daily basis, so I took the car there. He has connector separator tools and in 5 minutes, he had the controller plugged in. Cost me $20. I would have paid him a lot more than that based on my futile attempts.

While I was driving back home, the controller was set in race mode by default and when I pulled out of the shop onto the highway, I broke the tires loose. I still need to reassemble the lower instrument panel tomorrow as it's too dark now to work outside. Once that's done, I'll play with it some more but based on my initial impression, it certainly makes a world of difference as far as throttle response. I think it's worth the money.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
14,673 Posts
Glad to see you were able to try it out. As soon as I left my driveway I became a believer. For an untuned car it's a must.
Yeah, I had to get it installed now or face being chided like the Spud for procrastinating.

·
Registered
2014 Q50 Sport
165 Posts
Ok. I finally got the Sprint Booster installed. I located the connector on top of the pedal assembly with the borescope right where it is supposed to be. I pulled the lower instrument panel for better access but this old body with two shoulder surgeries didn't take to well to the contortions necessary to access the connector. I just couldn't apply enough upward force while pressing on the connector release tab. There's a stereo and tint installer 2 blocks from my house and I figured he dealt with tight spaces and connectors on a daily basis, so I took the car there. He has connector separator tools and in 5 minutes, he had the controller plugged in. Cost me $20. I would have paid him a lot more than that based on my futile attempts.

While I was driving back home, the controller was set in race mode by default and when I pulled out of the shop onto the highway, I broke the tires loose. I still need to reassemble the lower instrument panel tomorrow as it's too dark now to work outside. Once that's done, I'll play with it some more but based on my initial impression, it certainly makes a world of difference as far as throttle response. I think it's worth the money.
Congrats!!,,enjoy,,I just ordered a different brand which has the maximum voltage ⚡ I have personally experienced,,I will unveil it with pictures in approx 4 days----and how I plan to circumvent the whole crawling upside-down crazy install thing,,,stay tuned)😁

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Yeah, I had to get it installed now or face being chided like the Spud for procrastinating.
You were dangerously close to be lumped in with tater.

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,595 Posts
Thanks for the update metal head. That's great news. Glad the SB works with our pedals! I'm still dickin with PedalBox over my refund. I'm quite upset actually. But, once the refund goes through, I may join you with the SB.

Oh man, you guys reminded me of all the parts I have lying around that I need to install. A few more grocery bag hooks. The '18+ shift knob/boot. The Z1 bushing collars I got for X-mas. The blank fob I need cut/programmed. The OS handle sunglasses holder I bought that I think will actually fit perfectly. I think something else.

🏃‍♂️

Reactions: Sleeper2017

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
14,673 Posts
I finished buttoning the instrument panel back up and went for a drive to check out the Sprint Booster...Holy Mother of God! When I drove it home yesterday and gave it the beans, my lower instrument panel wasn't installed and the JB4 was disconnected. With the JB4 back up and running and with the Sprint Booster set on Race setting #9, the throttle response is amazing. If you're in automatic, there's the usual Jatco tranny hesitation and then it hits. If you downshift first and then punch the accelerator pedal, it's instantly brutal in Race - 9. I've turned it down to Sport - 4 for now until I can fine-tune where I want it.

I'll need to turn it off if my wife drives the car or she'll end up sideways before she knows what's happening. Is it worth $300? It is to me. Wow!

Wasn't sure where I wanted to mount the control module, so I stuck it here for now:

Vehicle Car Speedometer Plant Motor vehicle

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
I finished buttoning the instrument panel back up and went for a drive to check out the Sprint Booster...Holy Mother of God! When I drove it home yesterday and gave it the beans, my lower instrument panel wasn't installed and the JB4 was disconnected. With the JB4 back up and running and with the Sprint Booster set on Race setting #9, the throttle response is amazing. If you're in automatic, there's the usual Jatco tranny hesitation and then it hits. If you downshift first and then punch the accelerator pedal, it's instantly brutal in Race - 9. I've turned it down to Sport - 4 for now until I can fine-tune where I want it.

I'll need to turn it off if my wife drives the car or she'll end up sideways before she knows what's happening. Is it worth $300? It is to me. Wow!

Wasn't sure where I wanted to mount the control module, so I stuck it here for now:

View attachment 105628
I swear people must have thought past people were exaggerating, even when I posted up too....it's just amazing isn't it?

221 - 240 of 278 Posts