Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
421 - 432 of 432 Posts

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
So ecutek has a dead spot in its tuning capabilities? I feel cheated if that's the case. Either way i am happy with the outcome.

Can HP mess with tcu?
Ecutek doesn't have a dead spot.....the tuner using it does ;). Ecutek and HPT can both resolve the need for a pedal commander if tuned correctly.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
You guys are crapping on my birthday cake 🥺

I wonder how much more i would get out of it if seb gave it the sauce down low.
There's nothing wrong with having a pedal commander too if that's what you want. Like IridiumRS400 said, he likes to change his pedal input based on what he's doing. However if you want the car to act the same at all times and you're tuned, you don't need a pedal commander.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Ecutek doesn't have a dead spot.....the tuner using it does ;). Ecutek and HPT can both resolve the need for a pedal commander if tuned correctly.
Well we arnt completely done yet, its been progressively getting better, i had a knock issue he had to sort out maybe next few revisions will waken it up through the band. Im at only 17 psi right now.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Well we arnt completely done yet, its been progressively getting better, i had a knock issue he had to sort out maybe next few revisions will waken it up through the band. Im at only 17 psi right now.
Peak boost and throttle response aren't exactly tied to each other. I would have assumed a tuner like him would have dialed in a throttle table that could be reused from car to car for responsiveness. Then its just a matter of how much power you want to make where in the curve.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Peak boost and throttle response aren't exactly tied to each other. I would have assumed a tuner like him would have dialed in a throttle table that could be reused from car to car for responsiveness. Then its just a matter of how much power you want to make where in the curve.
Well talking with him he probably doesnt like to load the power band in low rpm because lspi issues.

My goal is as much safe power as possible, maybe he might be a bit too conservative for what i expected, or my expectations were to high?

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Well talking with him he probably doesnt like to load the power band in low rpm because lspi issues.

My goal is as much safe power as possible, maybe he might be a bit too conservative for what i expected, or my expectations were to high?
I'm saying that you dont drive around at only idle or WOT (even though that would be fun!). If you want throttle response at part throttle, like pedal commanders create, then he needs to change the torque tables not the boost curve. Sure commanding more boost at lower RPM will make it pull harder at wot, but it won't suddenly make any part throttle mushiness go away. That's the torque tables job.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I'm saying that you dont drive around at only idle or WOT (even though that would be fun!). If you want throttle response at part throttle, like pedal commanders create, then he needs to change the torque tables not the boost curve. Sure commanding more boost at lower RPM will make it pull harder at wot, but it won't suddenly make any part throttle mushiness go away. That's the torque tables job.
Thanks for that info, im not sure what he does, im not a tuner. I will discuss the options with him. Several people say hes a great tuner. So far its been great service, i just need a bit more power, the pedal booster made it feel like i thought the tune should.

·
Premium Member
Allen, Texas
854 Posts
Torque tables are an area that Hussain @ Racebox apparently has spent a lot of time with. My SpecialityZ and AMS tunes did not have the same “feel” and very crisp shifting like my Racebox tune. EcuTek has the ability - as @Ddnspider said, it’s all about your tuner.

Reactions: Ddnspider

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Torque tables are an area that Hussain @ Racebox apparently has spent a lot of time with. My SpecialityZ and AMS tunes did not have the same “feel” and very crisp shifting like my Racebox tune. EcuTek has the ability - as @Ddnspider said, it’s all about your tuner.
I've talked with Mark Roberts at SonicTuned who said the same thing. I can confirm that it took me awhile to dial in the torque tables for how I wanted it to drive and there's always rooms for improvement lol. As soon as someone jumps to HPT they can try out my torque tables and hopefully that'll jump start them to keep tweaking.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
I have no buisness tuning so i will leave that to the pros.

Can you move shift points or smooth out shifting?
ECU tuning can change how fast/hard the car shifts. TCU (still in development) can change when you shift RPM/MPH wise.

421 - 432 of 432 Posts