Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

Pedal commander install

32K views 431 replies 14 participants last post by  Ddnspider 
#1 ·
Just curious if anyone has installed a pedal commander on their Q50. I've got the jb4 tuner on mine and I've reset my ecu but still have a lag when I really get on it and I purchased the pedal commander but I cant for the life of me figure out how to get to the pedal wire harness. Any info would be appreciated.

#2 ·
I am still kicking around the PC. I probably would have selected the Burger Pedal Tuner but they say it is not compatible with Forward Emergency Braking. I'm not impressed with PC site. When you do a search for our cars, the hit result is the PC51. Yet our car is not listed on the page. I did confirm with them that we use the PC51. The PC is not compatible with cars that have intelligent cruise control. I have FEB but not ICC so my understanding is I can get the PC but not the BMS.

#5 ·
FEB and no ICC is my car setup as well. I called PC and the tech told me it is NOT compatable for our cars Tater. Now that I am ECUtek I don't need it any way though.

Reactions: ptatohed
#4 ·
Sorry just noticed your question about pedal wire harness. Do these help?

Reactions: SkylineDreamz
#15 ·
You have no idea what you're missing out on. Let's do this!

#16 · (Edited)
Ok, I think I want to plop in my expansion tanks and then I will move on to the JB^4. Thanks!

#17 ·
JB4 > Expansion tanks. Prioritize.

Reactions: jaydubb71
#18 ·
Did anyone come to a final conclusion on compatibility with the Pedal Commander? I don't have adaptive cruise control but do have FEB.

#19 ·
I know I was told no for sure from BMS. I'm trying to remember what PC told me.

Ah, just noticed. It's right there in PC's page. Looks like no. :(

Note: Pedal Commander is NOT compatible with Infiniti vehicles equipped with adaptive cruise control or predictive forward collision warning.

Edit: On BMS's page as well.....

*NOTE: The BMS Pedal tuner is not compatible with Infiniti/Nissan vehicles that have the forward crash protection feature (auto-braking feature). This only applies to Infiniti/Nissan vehicles.

#20 ·
Ugh, thanks. I saw that also on the PC website. I guess my hope was that I had FEB but not PFCW. I don't have my window sticker anymore, and reading the manual it's vague on whether if you have FEB, you also must have the PFCW (although it says that turning off FEB means you turn off PFCW also - even though PFCW doesn't show up on the screen). Was hoping PFCW was like lane departure intervention (exact name may be wrong; the system that will actually steer your vehicle, which I don't have). It's almost like the manufacturers don't want us messing around with all this stuff ha!

#23 ·
FEB and PFCW go together. If you have FEB, you have PFCW.

Reactions: Sleeper2017
#21 ·
The Q50 owner's manual says we have FEB and PFCW? Hmmm... I thought they were just different terms for the same thing.

#22 ·
I was able to find my original window sticker. For mine, both FEB and PFCW are listed under the Driver Assistance Package. PFCW appears to just be a warning if the car in front of the car in front of you suddenly brakes. FEB kicks in if you are about to hit something right in front of you and physically pushes the gas pedal up and applies brake if needed. Not sure if FEB and PFCW are/were separate options, or if you either have both or neither. But either way, this tells me the pedal type isn't going to be compatible with pedal tuners (BMS or Pedal Commander). If anyone has experience otherwise or know of a pedal tuner that will work on the motorized pedal, please let us know.

Reactions: ptatohed
#24 ·
Yep, that seems to be the most concise answer. Thanks guys.

#26 ·
Link or it didn't happen.

#28 ·
Ordered.

#29 ·
You're brave. You know this will work with your pedal?

I'm once bitten twice shy.

#37 ·
I'm jealous. I really wanted one!

#38 ·
It's got me second guessing wanting to tune the car honestly. I don't really have a single gripe other than not having launch control which is only useful when I want to make a 1/4 mile pass or 0-60.

#39 ·
If someone makes one that's compatible with my pedal, I'd probably buy it.

#40 ·
Me too, but I am letting you go first this time!

#41 ·
FWIW, here's the Sprint Booster listing for the Q50s:
Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Number

Link:
https://www.sprintboosterusa.com/product/sbin0053s-sprint-booster-select-v3/

Based on all the promises from the other manufacturers, a call with confirmation on the pin-outs would probably be prudent.

LOL @ Infiniti making the accelerator pedal interface a clusterf**k. Meanwhile, I purchased the Pedalbox for my '21 Audi SQ5, and it has Audi Pre-sense (a.k.a., FEB) and Adaptive Cruise, and the Pedalbox is compatible.

#42 ·
I just called them, and their Sprint Booster has a 12-pin connector that is compatible with our motorized pedal assembly. $300 though. YOLO! Ordering.

Reactions: IridiumRS400
#43 ·
I love how the Injen Throttle Controllers actually provide a pic of the plug. However, Q50 is not listed. :(

#46 ·
I love how the Injen Throttle Controllers actually provide a pic of the plug. However, Q50 is not listed. :(

I'm about to order the inventory g37 Blackbox throttle controller for my 2014 Q50s,,I can see looking at the plug, it's a Nissan/Infiniti plug, and I m betting $200+ in total confidence it will plug right in,,I will not have use of fcb cbw etc, etc ,but because this is my 4th install,I have really good idea what's under the dash regarding accelerator pedal,,and what plug will plug right in,,,,Injen Blackbox pedal controller for g37/2013,,,when I get it,,it will go in my Q50,,and the LAUNCHPAD CONTROLLER WILL GO INTO MY SON'S G37

#45 ·
Listen,,,basically ANY THROTTLE CONTROLLER WILL HOOK RIGHT UP TO ANY Q50,,as long as it's nissan/Infiniti plug compatible,,it will plug right in,,I know of which I speak/,,I installed 2 different brands on my 2016 Altima 3.5 SR,,1 was water damaged & I replaced it with more powerful controller) Now my Q50s AWD has deluxe tech pkg,,EVERY SINGLE OPTION INCLIDING KILLER INFINITI 19s smokechrome?) Not sure what color called,,anyway with all the safeties & auto braking tech & cruise distance etc,,most manufacturers won't sell you one because you will install it fine,,but get manufacturers warning"),in display screen an deactivate FORWARD safeties,, however vtech which originated this technology offers for both with nanny or without,,ANY OTHER BRAND ASONG AS NISSAN INFINITI PLUG IS THERE,,WILL PLUG RIGHT IN)SINCE I HAVE PERSONALLY DONE THIS process 4-5 times on different cars,the plug is directly at the very top of your accelerator pedal & it's disconnected by you an then replaced with unit plug,,plug you removed goes into female end of same unit,,DONE!! ITS tricky because it's hard for any human to cram waaay under dash and do the literally 5 min procedure/ you will need some light under there,and I m 6ft2 280,,but until you've driven a q50 OR ANY MODERN CAR,,with throttle ⚡ voltage increased you are not experiencing your vehicle to the fullest,,I have a couple pics,,if your in NJ,,I would be happy to help,,good luck friends

#54 ·
Listen,,,basically ANY THROTTLE CONTROLLER WILL HOOK RIGHT UP TO ANY Q50,,as long as it's nissan/Infiniti plug compatible,,it will plug right in,,I know of which I speak/
No, that's not true.

#51 ·
Link?

#55 ·
Can you give me an example,,because if the plug fits,,you must acquit",,,Lol,,,seriously tho,from an unknown brand from china,to Launchpad/Roarpedal/ Pedal commander,,if the plug fits the male outlet,,,throttle signal is increased,,even against all forward collision,emergency braking & other safeties,,I have them all)

#57 ·
See post #35.

#56 ·
Also SPRINT offers choice for Q50 with nanny or without,,I used them for my friends 2008 mustang/ only company I could find with appropriate HUGE WEIRD PLUG,,after trying 3 different companies & returning em all,,sprint worked fine,but in my opinion,,most unattractive head unit and weak voltage also,,

#58 ·
I see the 6 pin/ 12 pin difficulties,,I use a Launchpad unit everyday,,and I am unable to use the forward safeties,,I also have motorized pedal an the rest,,now Sprint definitely has compatible unit,,,,but, and I am not certain,if you hook up the 6 pin I suspect I have),,you forfeit these potentially life/yours or someone elses),,saving devices,,,as I plan to order the Injen Blackbox for 2013 G37,,which definitely doesn't have these safety features,,,and it does indeed plug in & work,,albeit again forfeiting all fwd safety systems,,I am correct*,, if not,,and it won't even connect,,you are right and I will return it,,but if it connects irregardless of pins/ it should work and I will be right and not letting anything stand in my way on this issue/ AND WITH MOTORIZED PEDAL AND ALL INSTALLATION IS SIMPLE,REQUIRING HAND DISCONNECTING ONE PLUG,REPLACING WITH ANOTHER,,,,HMM VERY INTERESTING,,we will see my friends,,

#60 ·
I'm not sure what you're saying there.

All I'm saying is there are two pedal assemblies for the Q50, one that is motorized and one that is not. The motorized pedal assembly requires the throttle controller to have a 12-pin connector. The non-motorized pedal assembly requires the throttle controller to have a 6-pin connector. Make sure whatever you buy is compatible with your pedal. Simple enough.

Reactions: Starkmad83
#59 ·
Ok I just bought it!!,,,I counted the pins (6),,,it's not even technically for my car,,it's for a 2013 G37,,,I have a Q50s with DELUXE TECHNOLOGY PKG,,I have admired the Injen control unit stylish black interface ever since I saw it over 2yrs ago,,gimme 4-5 days,,,I WILL KNOW IMMEDIATELY WHEN I REMOVE CURRENT CONTROLLER AND IM CRAMMED UNDER MY DASHBOARD WITH A HEADLAMP ON WETHER THIS WILL FIT!!,,if it does,,I will tell you how freaking awesome it is!!@,,,if it does not fit,I will immediately share the opposite feelings I will have/ fair nough?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.