Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I was looking at pedal commanders and tuners based on suggestions from members here, but it looks like there are none that work for a 2019 luxe, as the front collision stopper or whatever it is called is standard. Pretty bummed out to find this out, are there any other options I have to increase throttle sensitivity or any specific ones that would work?

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Unless there was a change in 2019 that I’ve overlooked, I didn’t think forward emergency braking was standard. I’m pretty sure it was part of the proactive package. Regardless, if you have it, sprint booster makes one that works. Post a picture of your gas pedal. Try to get the side and top of the pedal so we can see if it’s motorized or not. That’ll tell us if you need a 12 pin (Sprint Booster) or a 6 pin (any other)

Reactions: IridiumRS400

·
Registered
2021 Q50 RedSport, ARK Cat-Back. HKS BOV, AMS LDP, Mishimoto Catch Can
842 Posts
FEB and PFCW was standard on all 2019 models, Proactive gave you the safety shield Safety techs, Distance control assist, intelligent cruise control, blind spot intervention

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
FEB and PFCW was standard on all 2019 models, Proactive gave you the safety shield Safety techs, Distance control assist, intelligent cruise control, blind spot intervention
Good to know! Thank you!

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
17,718 Posts
Hey guys I was looking at pedal commanders and tuners based on suggestions from members here, but it looks like there are none that work for a 2019 luxe, as the front collision stopper or whatever it is called is standard. Pretty bummed out to find this out, are there any other options I have to increase throttle sensitivity or any specific ones that would work?
If your accelerator pedal assembly looks like this, it has a 6-pin connector and several different pedal controllers will work:

Font Parallel Auto part Diagram Line art

If your accelerator pedal looks like this, it has a 12-pin connector and the only pedal controller I know of that will work is the Sprint Booster:

Product Gesture Font Line Parallel

Reactions: Ddnspider

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone I’m gonna take a picture and upload it tonight. Also browsing through my setting I saw that it can just be turned on or off under driver assistance, the FEB that is which I believe is the only driving assist that my car has

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
17,718 Posts
Thanks everyone I’m gonna take a picture and upload it tonight. Also browsing through my setting I saw that it can just be turned on or off under driver assistance, the FEB that is which I believe is the only driving assist that my car has
Turning off FEB won't help you. You'll still have a 12-pin accelerator pedal connector to deal with whether FEB is on or off.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
17,718 Posts
Reactions: thisisjason

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
17,718 Posts
thank you… I’ll try to find a local car audio/security company to install mine after reading that other thread.
For the sake of your sanity and back, I'd recommend it.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
17,718 Posts
lol, what is this other thread? I thought these were supposed to be a very straightforward and easy install?
If you have the 6-pin pedal, it is easy since the pedal can be removed to access the connector and install the module. Removing the 12-pin pedal is very difficult because unlike the 6-pin pedal, the motorized portion of the pedal is fastened to the firewall and access to the nuts is extremely limited. Partial disassembly of the lower dash under the steering wheel and removal of a piece of HVAC ductwork makes accessing the top of the pedal assembly less arduous if you have a connector release tool and a small screwdriver to get the connector off. Contorting your body to get both hands up there to release the connectorr requires the flexibility of a Cirque du Soleil acrobat. I tried but gave up and had a local stereo installer finish the installation.

This thread has more details:

(16) Pedal commander install | Infiniti Q50 Forum

·
Registered
Rochester, NY
250 Posts
So there are two people on FB that were able to install their Sprint Booster (12 pin version for the mechanized gas pedal) by simply removing the side panel shown in the picture (arrow is pointing to it) and reaching their hand behind the pedal mechanics. They said it was tight but we’re able to do it. Sound possible?

Attachments

·
Registered
Cincinnati, OH
42 Posts
Please try it and let me know!

So there are two people on FB that were able to install their Sprint Booster (12 pin version for the mechanized gas pedal) by simply removing the side panel shown in the picture (arrow is pointing to it) and reaching their hand behind the pedal mechanics. They said it was tight but we’re able to do it. Sound possible?

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
17,718 Posts
Curious as to what @Avedis53 thinks?
I removed the instrument lower panel and HVAC LH heater duct instead of the LH instrument side panel shown. Whatever works I guess. Still a tight fit.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
so did you or anyone else in this thread end up adding one? How do you like it? I also would also need the 12 pin and am considering ordering
I have one and love it! I’ve said this before, but I wish it was my first mod. Total transformation in how the car responds and drives. I have an 18 with no Nannie’s whatsoever so I was able to go cheap with a 6 pin, instead of the 12 pin you guys need.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have one and love it! I’ve said this before, but I wish it was my first mod. Total transformation in how the car responds and drives. I have an 18 with no Nannie’s whatsoever so I was able to go cheap with a 6 pin, instead of the 12 pin you guys need.
Thanks man, I’m glad on the edge of either ordering this or an LeD badge, just ordered my BMS HX , and installed my FI LDP last week . Along with my JB4 it seems like it will be a lot of fun once I get this part too.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts