Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
I'll take that under advisement if I ever get the damn thing. According to the USPS, they still haven't received it.
USPS isn't very accurate with their shipping progress status. I've had the situation you describe and the item arrived in my mailbox while still saying they haven't received it.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
14,209 Posts
USPS isn't very accurate with their shipping progress status. I've had the situation you describe and the item arrived in my mailbox while still saying they haven't received it.
As have I. That is what's so frustrating.

·
Premium Member
Allen, Texas
651 Posts
I'll take that under advisement if I ever get the damn thing. According to the USPS, they still haven't received it.
Grapevine, TX - basically Dallas Fort Worth (my backyard)

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
14,209 Posts
Reactions: [email protected]

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
14,209 Posts
Pfffft. Ordered on the 17th. Still says this today:

November 22, 2021, 1:31 pm
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
GRAPEVINE, TX 76051
A shipping label has been prepared for your item at 1:31 pm on November 22, 2021 in GRAPEVINE, TX 76051. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date.

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
14,209 Posts

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Maybe the X9 required separate programming over the X5 which delayed shipment. I wouldn't use the cruise mode or auto IQ so went with the X5. To be fair I did email them the day after for status so maybe that prodded them to move.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
DTE Systems PedalBox Pedal Tuner now 22% off during their Black Friday week sale - Discount code is "BLACK22."
Thanks for the heads up. Had been checking their website the past several days and didn't see the BF Sale mentioned until this morning. But based on your message I placed an order the same day you posted your note and submitted the discount code and voila! the transaction went through. It's coming from Germany via DHL so probably will take a week or two to get here (NorCal). I just hope the install is straightforward and not like the 'Tatohed.....

Reactions: IridiumRS400

·
Super Moderator
3,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Thanks for the heads up. Had been checking their website the past several days and didn't see the BF Sale mentioned until this morning. But based on your message I placed an order the same day you posted your note and submitted the discount code and voila! the transaction went through. It's coming from Germany via DHL so probably will take a week or two to get here (NorCal). I just hope the install is straightforward and not like the 'Tatohed.....
On the Q60, it's an option to have the Distance Control Assist (DCA), which is part of the Technology Package, for maintaining space between your Q and the vehicle ahead. As described, "The DCA system helps assist the driver to maintain a following distance from a vehicle ahead by activating the brakes and moving the accelerator pedal upward to decelerate smoothly."

I believe Tater must have this option on his Q50, as his pedal assembly has a motor assembly to move (push) the pedal back, and the PedalBox is not compatible with this option, as I could see how having a different pedal gain from the PedalBox would confuse the DCA nanny, not a favorable situation.

As for delivery times, I ordered the PedalBox w/BT for my '21 Audi SQ5 SB on a Monday, and received it the following Monday, and I'm in WA state. If only Fedex could deliver that fast!

·
Premium Member
Allen, Texas
651 Posts

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
14,209 Posts
Gotta love USPS. Status went from not being picked up yet to out to delivery today.

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
1,309 Posts
How do they claim 10% better acceleration with this?
My understanding is that it just modifies the Throttle position sensor to make it feel more responsive, it’s not going to improve actual times.
For those of us that are tuned, tuners can do this too as I worked with AMS to get my throttle feel exactly as I wanted it.

Am I missing something?
Not missing something. Its pretty much a gimmick.
it just remaps throttle input to be more aggressive and less linear, to what extent is based on the settings you choose. Something you can do in ecutek already as well. Although now you can do it yourself on the fly, I could see on the track or autoX it being of some use to map it slightly more aggressive with how frequently you are on/off throttle. But no real meaningful performance improvements will be had.

There answer to this question was pretty laughable.
Font Number Circle Screenshot Rectangle

here is two of these throttle manipulators mapping charts.
Rectangle Slope Triangle Plot Line

Slope Rectangle Plot Line Font

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
It....is....legit. throttle input is hilarious, especially when you set it to HikeIt mode. Install was cake, literally 5 minutes. Setup and modifying modes is also easy as is setting the device to automatic transmission. For $100 I'd buy again.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
14,209 Posts
It....is....legit. throttle input is hilarious, especially when you set it to HikeIt mode. Install was cake, literally 5 minutes. Setup and modifying modes is also easy as is setting the device to automatic transmission. For $100 I'd buy again.
Where did you mount the head unit?

Looking at the connector location and orientation, I can see why the Spud had problems releasing the connector. I'll tackle it tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Where did you mount the head unit?

Looking at the connector location and orientation, I can see why the Spud had problems releasing the connector. I'll tackle it tomorrow.
It takes 2 10mm screws to unmount the entire pedal assembly which unhooks from the floorboard. It's cake to unplug the connector once you do that. I routed the cable up through where the steering assembly is and mounted it on the left face of the plastic gauge bezel surround. Can see it through the steering wheel to adjust.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
14,209 Posts
It takes 2 10mm screws to unmount the entire pedal assembly which unhooks from the floorboard. It's cake to unplug the connector once you do that. I routed the cable up through where the steering assembly is and mounted it on the left face of the plastic gauge bezel surround. Can see it through the steering wheel to adjust.
You don't have the DCA pedal, so it would be cake. The DCA pedal has a separate pedal assembly that is mounted to the firewall. Removing the 10 mm screws from the pedal pad won't do squat as far as connector access. I can now see what the Spud was up against as far as accessing the connector. To access the nuts for the pedal assembly, the lower instrument panel cover needs to be removed. So, it's either that or release the connector with the assembly in place. I have a plan but I'll wait until tomorrow when there's daylight to see if this DCA pedal connector matches the X9 connector.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts