Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
If you don't have ICC, then you don't have ECO pedal. The ECO pedal is part of the Technology package. Page 5-23 of your owner's manual will explain how it works.
Here ya go:
Font Circle Handwriting Number Rectangle

Font Parallel Rectangle Screenshot Document

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
I disconnected the white plug on the side of mine and found it to be a 3-wire connector with large-gauge wires. The black connector on top is the one that is to be used with the pedal controller and the pictures you posted show a 12-pin connector in that location which obviously won't work. Is your pedal connector in that picture 12-pin or 6-pin?

If you don't have ICC, then you don't have ECO pedal. The ECO pedal is part of the Technology package. Page 5-23 of your owner's manual will explain how it works.
For what it's worth, I have FEB and ECO pedal but don't have ICC. This is on a 2017.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
14,673 Posts
For what it's worth, I have FEB and ECO pedal but don't have ICC. This is on a 2017.
Going by the 2017 Q50 Press Kit, but it's been known to be wrong before.
Rectangle Font Parallel Number Logo

Font Parallel Number Screenshot Terrestrial plant

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
My 2019 has FEB but no ECO pedal or ICC. My pedal is motorized and pushes back on my foot during FEB. I'm tuned though so no desire for a throttle enhancing device.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
14,673 Posts
Perhaps ECO mode is separate from the ECO pedal system? The Technology Package option says, "ECO Pedal". Maybe it's a further enhancement of the ECO mode. I have no idea. I know I have the ECO pedal as I've played with it before, but I never actually drive with it. I don't like the pedal pushing back when I'm accelerating.

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Perhaps ECO mode is separate from the ECO pedal system? The Technology Package option says, "ECO Pedal". Maybe it's a further enhancement of the ECO mode. I have no idea. I know I have the ECO pedal as I've played with it before, but I never actually drive with it. I don't like the pedal pushing back when I'm accelerating.
Pretty sure this has to be the case. Ive used Eco mode and my pedal assembly had the 1 connector when I hooked up my HikeIt.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
14,673 Posts
Pretty sure this has to be the case. Ive used Eco mode and my pedal assembly had the 1 connector when I hooked up my HikeIt.
Hmm. I believe you've verified my suspicion.

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,595 Posts
I disconnected the white plug on the side of mine and found it to be a 3-wire connector with large-gauge wires. The black connector on top is the one that is to be used with the pedal controller and the pictures you posted show a 12-pin connector in that location which obviously won't work. Is your pedal connector in that picture 12-pin or 6-pin?

I didn't count. Dunno.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
14,673 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
So what’s the consensus on hikeit in regards to Feb and icc and eco mode ? Does it work ? Want to pull the trigger but you guys are getting me a lil skeptical

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
I still wonder what happens if you just buy the base version that only has the 1 plug in the top. Does the Eco pedal fight the HikeIt? LOL.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
14,673 Posts
I received the RMA for my HikeIt controller. They agreed to pay the return shipping since they said it was compatible with my pedal before I bought it. At least there was no hassle with the return.

Dylan Bartolo (HIKEIT)
8 Dec 2021, 2:58 pm AEDT
Hi David,

I am sorry that you were given the wrong advice and thus purchased the Hike IT on this misinformation. I deeply apologize for this oversight on our part and will take this up with the team. I will attach return labels to this email and a warranty form. Please advise me once you have posted off the Hike IT and I will process a full refund.

Regards,

Dylan

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,595 Posts
I received the RMA for my HikeIt controller. They agreed to pay the return shipping since they said it was compatible with my pedal before I bought it. At least there was no hassle with the return.

Dylan Bartolo (HIKEIT)
8 Dec 2021, 2:58 pm AEDT
Hi David,

I am sorry that you were given the wrong advice and thus purchased the Hike IT on this misinformation. I deeply apologize for this oversight on our part and will take this up with the team. I will attach return labels to this email and a warranty form. Please advise me once you have posted off the Hike IT and I will process a full refund.

Regards,

Dylan
I got my Pedal Box off via USPS yesterday.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
14,673 Posts
I got my Pedal Box off via USPS yesterday.
Mine left today. I would have liked to see how it works but that's the way it goes, I guess.

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,595 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
A "no-nanny" Q does have its advantages...

Obviously, since I don't have FEB, gotta be old skool and pay attention when in traffic, and keep some distance between the car in front. See way too many people glued to their phones, even with newish traffic laws against that sort of thing.

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,595 Posts
A "no-nanny" Q does have its advantages...

Obviously, since I don't have FEB, gotta be old skool and pay attention when in traffic, and keep some distance between the car in front. See way too many people glued to their phones, even with newish traffic laws against that sort of thing.
I caved and paid $4k over MSRP (trust me, that's 'good') and bought the mrs. a Telluride. It has lane assist and ICC. I can keep my hands off the wheel and feet off the pedals for miles and miles. It's kinda fun actually.

·
Super Moderator
3,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
I caved and paid $4k over MSRP (trust me, that's 'good') and bought the mrs. a Telluride. It has lane assist and ICC. I can keep my hands off the wheel and feet off the pedals for miles and miles. It's kinda fun actually.
The Mrs. has a '21 SQ5 Sportback with the Adaptive Cruise, Lane Assist, and Audi Pre-Sense (FEB equivalent), which I picked up in July of this year (under-sticker). Took a trip to Oregon with it, and used all the bells-and-whistles... yes, it was fun when out on the open road.

Reactions: ptatohed
61 - 79 of 79 Posts