Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi has anyone had experience with fitting a throttle commander to cure throttle lag. Have searched the web and cannot find one to fit the Q50. Appreciate any help or advice. Regards Alan

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hi has anyone had experience with fitting a throttle commander to cure throttle lag. Have searched the web and cannot find one to fit the Q50. Appreciate any help or advice. Regards Alan
BMS the same people who do the JB4 make a pedal commander that will lower the delay in the fly by wire system from the APP sensor to the TB. This only works on Infiniti/Nissan cars without any AEB or FCW safety features.

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
BMS Pedal Tuner works well, based on my experience.

·
Registered
103 Posts
BMS the same people who do the JB4 make a pedal commander that will lower the delay in the fly by wire system from the APP sensor to the TB. This only works on Infiniti/Nissan cars without any AEB or FCW safety features.

Interested in the bms pedal commander. You mentioned AEB or FCW features. Not sure if my car has those but wanted to look into getting this. Didn’t see the abbreviations
BMS the same people who do the JB4 make a pedal commander that will lower the delay in the fly by wire system from the APP sensor to the TB. This only works on Infiniti/Nissan cars without any AEB or FCW safety features. I didn’t see the abbreviations listed on the forum

·
Registered
667 Posts
Automatic Emergency Braking and Forward Collision Warning, I believe. Basically, if your car has the proactive package, it won’t work.

Reactions: Jibricb

·
Registered
103 Posts
I could've used one of these the other day pulling out of my street. Just about got t-boned because the pedal didn't want to respond properly. If I gave it too much throttle would not have been good either.

Here's an alternative, which offers more levels of adjustment: iDRIVE Throttle Controller to suit Infiniti Q40/Q50/Q60, 2014 Onwards
Bms pedal commander or idrive throttle controller ? Is one better than the other or the same? Anybody have experience with both that would like to shed some light .

·
Registered
103 Posts
Automatic Emergency Braking and Forward Collision Warning, I believe. Basically, if your car has the proactive package, it won’t work.
Damn well I’m out of luck. Is there any other options for a pedal throttle controller that would work with the AEB and FCW? I know my car has AEB

·
Registered
667 Posts
Damn well I’m out of luck. Is there any other options for a pedal throttle controller that would work with the AEB and FCW? I know my car has AEB
Sadly, not that I know of. Maybe someone else knows something I don’t.

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Reactions: Jibricb

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
13,833 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
I'd be surprised if FEB, PFCW, and ICC didn't provide the same problem for this pedal tuner as any other one. The pedal tuners all work on the same principle.
I decided to reach-out to DTE Systems this morning. I inquired about my '21 Audi SQ5, which has Audi Pre-Sense, similar to FEB, and the PedalBox is compatible. DTE, as a German manufacturer, has access to all the major car brands to obtain TUV qualification for their products, so their PedalBox cannot interfere with any safety system, otherwise it couldn't get certified.

I guess it helps to be large automotive aftermarket supplier, with resources to obtain the necessary qualifications. Maybe that's why it carries a $120 premium over the BMS Pedal Tuner.

One other thing - apparently due to US emissions laws, the pedal response on US cars is purposely less aggressive than the Rest-of-World (ROW) counterparts. I didn't get into the specifics as to why, but it has something to do with EPA mileage certification. So between Auto Start/Stop, ECO buttons, laggy accelerator pedal response, and 0W20 oils, we US drivers get the "best of the best" in gas-saving tech, huh? Yes, that was sarcasm...

Since the PedalBox doesn't effect tailpipe emissions, they are allowed to sell their product in all 50 states.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
13,833 Posts
I decided to reach-out to DTE Systems this morning. I inquired about my '21 Audi SQ5, which has Audi Pre-Sense, similar to FEB, and the PedalBox is compatible. DTE, as a German manufacturer, has access to all the major car brands to obtain TUV qualification for their products, so their PedalBox cannot interfere with any safety system, otherwise it couldn't get certified.

I guess it helps to be large automotive aftermarket supplier, with resources to obtain the necessary qualifications. Maybe that's why it carries a $120 premium over the BMS Pedal Tuner.

One other thing - apparently due to US emissions laws, the pedal response on US cars is purposely less aggressive than the Rest-of-World (ROW) counterparts. I didn't get into the specifics as to why, but it has something to do with EPA mileage certification. So between Auto Start/Stop, ECO buttons, laggy accelerator pedal response, and 0W20 oils, we US drivers get the "best of the best" in gas-saving tech, huh? Yes, that was sarcasm...

Since the PedalBox doesn't effect tailpipe emissions, they are allowed to sell their product in all 50 states.
Interesting. Did you specifically ask them about Nissan/Infiniti compatibility?

·
Registered
642 Posts
We also used to get the most hideous bumpers vs the japanese or european counterparts, plus lagged behind in the "flush" headlights. Thankfully, either one of those issues are no longer true here.

I am so thankful we didn't get stuck with that stop-start feature on these Q's. Sure you can turn it off, but another PITA feature.

Wouldn't mind getting one of these throttle response controllers on the Q. No additional nanny options on my RS, so it's possible, yay!

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Interesting. Did you specifically ask them about Nissan/Infiniti compatibility?
I did not have him check specifically, however, if it is listed in their online catalog, my take-away is to assume it's compatible, based on its TUV approval.

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
5,379 Posts
We also used to get the most hideous bumpers vs the japanese or european counterparts, plus lagged behind in the "flush" headlights. Thankfully, either one of those issues are no longer true here.
I believe we still lag behind other countries when it comes to exterior lighting, especially cutting edge headlights.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I believe we still lag behind other countries when it comes to exterior lighting, especially cutting edge headlights.
Quite possibly we do, wouldn't be surprised. However, I'm perfectly happy with what's on the market (no desire for adaptive, turning or whatever you call them) and it's night and day difference versus those old sealed beam units that were prevalent for so long.

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
5,379 Posts
Quite possibly we do, wouldn't be surprised. However, I'm perfectly happy with what's on the market (no desire for adaptive, turning or whatever you call them) and it's night and day difference versus those old sealed beam units that were prevalent for so long.
Sealed beams...you show your age. The Germans have some high tech laser based headlight technology that sounds pretty amazing.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts