Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
5,415 Posts
Well, not old enough to remember the 6 volt systems, lol.
Same here. Aware of their existence, but never had one.

Reactions: JNR

·
Registered
646 Posts
I'm sure they have some cool lighting technology, although not interested in how much those cars cost or the anxiety of owning a german vehicle when something goes wrong.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
13,850 Posts
I'm sure they have some cool lighting technology, although not interested in how much those cars cost or the anxiety of owning a german vehicle when something goes wrong.
What's the cost of one of those European laser headlight modules? Must be more than our LED headlights.

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
Sealed beams...you show your age. The Germans have some high tech laser based headlight technology that sounds pretty amazing.
But does it look amazing as it sounds? :LOL:

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
5,415 Posts
But does it look amazing as it sounds? :LOL:
Only seen it mentioned in magazines. I would like to experience it first hand. I wonder if @DeeCee has since he is in Germany.

·
Registered
2016 Hybrid 3.5 SportTech RWD
1,043 Posts
I know nothing about german cars! 😂

But what I know is that the new S class from Mercedes has lights that are called "Digital Light LED" in "HD quality". Whatever that means – there will be light! LOL

(And my #1,000 post for which I got a throphy named "Addicted"! Awesome!)

Reactions: mapleDom

·
Registered
St. Louis, MO
454 Posts
I broke my rule and bought a used VW CC for my son (I had just forbid my wife from getting an Audi SUV - difference was the Audi was 28k, and the CC was 6k). Couple of years in and the car still runs great and is really fun to drive with the dual clutch transmission but....typical German car...the dash is lit up like Christmas tree right now with annoying CEL/Warnings! I have until October '22 to figure them out for the next inspection!!

·
Registered
2014 Q50 Sport
14 Posts
Hi has anyone had experience with fitting a throttle commander to cure throttle lag. Have searched the web and cannot find one to fit the Q50. Appreciate any help or advice. Regards Alan
I put a launch pad throttle control in my car I had to disable the forward collision warning and advanced emergency braking and I get a malfunction light but the throttle control works great and the car feels like a dud without it also roar pedal offers one and there is one available for cars with FCW and aeb available from Sprint they claim it's made specifically for the car with forward safety devices it seems you can hook up any throttle control device but some manufacturers know that you will disable the forward safety devices and get a warning light but if it fits the plug it will do what you want it to do

·
Super Moderator
3,039 Posts
@ptatohed should be receiving a care package from Germany any day now from PedalBox. It is supposed to be compatible with FEB and/or ICC options on the Q50/Q60.

I have a PedalBox throttle controller in my '21 Audi SQ5, and it has Adaptive Cruise Control and Pre Sense Collision Alert, and I've not issues with driveability, CELs, etc.

Reactions: JohnInNH

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,259 Posts
I checked the tracking again and I'd be darned if I understand any of it. I can make out that at some point the intention is for the package to travel from Dortmund Germany to Ontario CA but whether that has happened or when it will happened is undecipherable.

Rectangle Font Screenshot Number Software

·
Super Moderator
3,039 Posts
I checked the tracking again and I'd be darned if I understand any of it. I can make out that at some point the intention is for the package to travel from Dortmund Germany to Ontario CA but whether that has happened or when it will happened is undecipherable.
Look for the US (English) version in the upper corner of the email.

The package has to go through customs before it enters the domestic DHL system.

Reactions: ptatohed

·
Premium Member
SW New Hampshire
4,889 Posts
I looked at 2 of what I thought were the best peddle tuners and the peddle box was the #1 pick.

The Speed from digipower WAS my 1st choice. But the lack of a trial/return period and lack of contact & support availability changed that. That and a membership/sign in required to get the app to work. It should have been a stand alone app w/o having to creat an account.

The peddle box needs to meet .gov (EU), and all the auto features so the R&D is very thorough.

One more thing I liked about the peddle box was how it calibrated to your gas peddle. Very slick!

If I were to get one it would be the peddle box.

However, I did like the Speed's app funtions and the simple dash buttion.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Folks,

When I first got my Q50 3.0t, I was kind of WTF @ pedal acceleration. I reset the computer with a code reader and drove it hard intially with a heavy pedal and throttle response has been so much better since without lag (especially in sport mode). The car must make some pedal table calibrations during learning.

10/10 made a difference.

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,259 Posts
She arrived today. Start a betting pool for when I will actually install her? ;)

Thanks again IRS4 for the discount code. :D

Mobile phone Telephony Communication Device Gadget Audio equipment

Reactions: IridiumRS400

·
Super Moderator
3,039 Posts
Start a betting pool for when I will actually install her? ;)

Thanks again IRS4 for the discount code. :D
Aside from removing the cover at the base of the pedal assembly and unscrewing the two fasteners, it's a plug-and-play mod. Unlike the BMS Pedal Tuner which had instructions on the box, DTE actually provides a manual that describes how to install and calibrate its product. Fancy that!

I hate paying full price for anything, so I'm always on the lookout (as you know).

Reactions: ptatohed

·
Registered
646 Posts
How do you know what setting it's in? Does it blink or something?

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,259 Posts
How do you know what setting it's in? Does it blink or something?
You have 4 main modes designated by color of the circle - green, yellow, red, and white. Within each of the 4 color modes, you can increase or decrease the intensity of that mode, up or down three. I think that makes 28 combinations with one of them being stock.

Automotive lighting Communication Device Watch Font Portable communications device

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,259 Posts
Irid, what is the button on top for? It's a small rubber rectangular smushy button that doesn't feel very responsive when I press it.

·
Super Moderator
3,039 Posts
Irid, what is the button on top for? It's a small rubber rectangular smushy button that doesn't feel very responsive when I press it.
[Page 23] To get into calibration mode, you need to press the "+" and "-" for at least three (3) seconds, and the rectangular button will then blink white. Press the pedal to full depress and back a few times. After that, press the rectangular button for three (3) seconds to complete the calibration. That's about the only time you press it during the cal step.

Otherwise, that button is your mode selector [Page 26] once the calibration step is done.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts