Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning everyone,

As it usually goes, when you are trying to be careful you mess up the most. This morning when I was picking my coffee cup up out of the cup holder the lid came off and it spilled on my passenger seat. Only a couple ounces came out and I wiped it up within a minute but I am just wondering, does anyone know if the foam under the perforated leather seats is closed cell (anti absorbent) or not? Is there anything I should be worried about? As of now, other than a slight coffee smell, everything looks like it never happened.

Thanks!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Good morning everyone,

As it usually goes, when you are trying to be careful you mess up the most. This morning when I was picking my coffee cup up out of the cup holder the lid came off and it spilled on my passenger seat. Only a couple ounces came out and I wiped it up within a minute but I am just wondering, does anyone know if the foam under the perforated leather seats is closed cell (anti absorbent) or not? Is there anything I should be worried about? As of now, other than a slight coffee smell, everything looks like it never happened.

Thanks!
Welcome to the forum.

I like to know as well, since my wife will likely (or myself) spill something at some point. :p

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
Even if its anti absorbant the coffee will still dry up and stick the the bottom of the leather and there might be a bit of a smell.

Best thing to do is use leather cleaner or mild detergen and clean that area with lots of it.

Let the cleaner soak in. And wipe it up as best as you can and let the rest air dry.

Thats if you smell anything.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I think even steaming and vacuuming the seat might do something with extracting what ever may be in their.
Plus you can always find a good local detailer to give you even more and better advise, or just let him deal with it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I would go with a steamer to try to get it out. If it is below the seat anyway and you can't even see it, then you are really just worried about the smell. The steamer should get rid of some of the smell, and then you can always use some Febreeze too. As long as the smell is gone though, does it really matter if there is a little coffee under the leather where you can't see it anyway?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.