Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your expectations for performance numbers in various areas relative to the G37? And especially with regard to acceleration, given that it is the identical engine? For example, virtually all of the 0-60 times I've seen are well into the 5's for the G37.

Is there a significant change in weight or other aspect that would allow the Q50 to be substantially different than the outgoing G37?

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
I think the numbers are going to be very similar to the G.

Except on the Hybrid. I expect that'll be faster.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
Just wait till the IPL Q50 comes out I have high hopes for it this time around... well they better the IPL G37 was a big waste of money.
That's no joke, the IPL was stupid and if Infiniti thinks a body kit and red leather justifies an IPL Q50, they're dead wrong. Here's the problem though, the VQ37 looks maxed out already, and I don't think a bucketful of NISMO parts will make it substantially faster. A turbo is the only thing that makes sense outside of an all new or Mercedes-sourced engine. There's plenty of room under the hood for more stuff if it's packaged well, or a different engine with a turbo. Maybe go for the 3.5L they're using for the Hybrid to save space and supercharge it for reliability.

It's a mystery what they have in store for the IPL but the rumor is they are going to take it seriously this time around.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
From the reports I've heard about the update(s) to the transmission programming, along with the updates to the transmission response controls, I'd assume that the Q50 might be slightly quicker, yet at the same time, I'm pretty sure the Q50 is now a bit heavier than the G37, so it might be right about the same.

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
From the reports I've heard about the update(s) to the transmission programming, along with the updates to the transmission response controls, I'd assume that the Q50 might be slightly quicker, yet at the same time, I'm pretty sure the Q50 is now a bit heavier than the G37, so it might be right about the same.
How much heavier do you think the Q50 is compared to the G37?

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Q50 Curb weight = 3748 LBS G37 sedan = 3628 LBS = 120 LBS Heavier ... Keep in kind weight only goes up with the extra equipment added for both...

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
This should settle things, and make us happier.:D These are the weights of the two cars:

1) G37 RWD Journey 3,628 lbs.
Q50 RWD Premium 3,611 lbs.

2) G37 AWD Journey 3,822 lbs.
Q50 AWD Premium 3,787 lbs.

3) G37 Sport MT 3,709 lbs.
Q50 RWD Sport 3,675 lbs.

In other words, even though the Q50 is bigger than the G37, it actually weighs a little less. That should give at least a little faster times.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Q50 Curb weight = 3748 LBS G37 sedan = 3628 LBS = 120 LBS Heavier ... Keep in kind weight only goes up with the extra equipment added for both...
That's not too bad, 120 LBS won't make that much of a difference. Over the years they should hopefully be able to lighten up the Q50 just to get more MPG's out of it and a better driving experience. Lower weight with the same or more HP = more fun

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
That's not too bad, 120 LBS won't make that much of a difference. Over the years they should hopefully be able to lighten up the Q50 just to get more MPG's out of it and a better driving experience. Lower weight with the same or more HP = more fun
Where are you getting your figures? I got mine from the Infiniti Q50, build it site.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Where are you getting your figures? I got mine from the Infiniti Q50, build it site.
I pulled them directly from Infiniti.com however I did not go into as much depth as you breaking down each variant ... With the numbers you posted the weight difference while in the Q's favor will be negligible at best I am now expecting the non- hybrid to perform just about the same as the current G unless the reprogramming of the 7 spd is leaps and bounds better than the G ...

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
I pulled them directly from Infiniti.com however I did not go into as much depth as you breaking down each variant ... With the numbers you posted the weight difference while in the Q's favor will be negligible at best I am now expecting the non- hybrid to perform just about the same as the current G unless the reprogramming of the 7 spd is leaps and bounds better than the G ...
Look again at my figures. For some reason, I retyped the AWD figure twice. The AWD Q50 is actually 35 pounds lighter than the comparable G37.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.