Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys so I'm going to flush brake, transmission and differential fluids. Any special recommendations versus buying oem?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
10,345 Posts
Make sure you get brake fluid instead of break fluid.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
427 Posts
do you want your brakes to break or brake?

Reactions: rpiotro

·
Registered
2018 Infiniti Q50S Silver Sport
148 Posts
If your hard on your car change to Synthetic brake fluid. DO NOT use SILICONE Dot 5 brake fluid. Use the propper bleeding sequence when flushing the brake system. I would recommend OEM transmission fluid. For the rear diff service use the appropriate weight Synthetic gear oil in either Amsoil or Royal Purple. Don't forget the friction modifier additive if needed.

Reactions: brazza

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
10,345 Posts
If your hard on your car change to Synthetic brake fluid. DO NOT use SILICONE Dot 5 brake fluid. Use the propper bleeding sequence when flushing the brake system. I would recommend OEM transmission fluid. For the rear diff service use the appropriate weight Synthetic gear oil in either Amsoil or Royal Purple. Don't forget the friction modifier additive if needed.
All brake fluids are technically synthetic. DOT3, DOT4. and DOT 5.1 are glycol-based and acceptable but DOT 5 is silicone-based and not compatible with the Q50 braking system.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
10,345 Posts

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
I have used ATE Blue in my G8 GT. Good stuff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts