Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this interesting...so basically, unless you used the Personal Mode in your test drive, you did not actually customize the steering...because your personal steering settings in the inTouch system are only used when you are in PERSONAL driving mode.

PERSONAL MODE
When the PERSONAL mode is selected, the
following functions can be adjusted individually.
. Engine·Transmission
. Steering
. Active Trace Control

How to set the PERSONAL mode
Perform the following steps to set the
PERSONAL mode.
1. Push the MENU button *1 and touch
[Infiniti Drive Mode Selector] on the
lower display.
2. Touch [Engine·Transmission], [Steering]
or [Active Trace Control] and select each
item. (See “Engine·Transmission”,
“Steering” and “Active Trace Control”
about the feature of each item.)
3. Touch [Back] or [Home] to finish the
PERSONAL mode setting.

Engine·Transmission:
“Engine·Transmission” can be set to
[Sport], [Eco], [Standard] or [Snow].
Steering:
Four combinations of steering effort and
steering response can be set.
Steering effort Steering response
Standard Standard
Standard Quick
Heavy Quick
Light Casual

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Interesting. I wish I read this before I did my test drive to see how this works. I basically put the demo car into sport mode with heavy steering and sport mode for transmission and thought that was it. I expected more out of the sport mode, I guess it's because it wasn't set to what I thought I set it to.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Interesting. I wish I read this before I did my test drive to see how this works. I basically put the demo car into sport mode with heavy steering and sport mode for transmission and thought that was it. I expected more out of the sport mode, I guess it's because it wasn't set to what I thought I set it to.
Yea, so basically from what I gather, you use the drive mode selector to switch between modes with pre-determined settings while you customize the Personal Mode in the Intouch system but wont be applied till u select that thru your drive mode selector!

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea, so basically from what I gather, you use the drive mode selector to switch between modes with pre-determined settings while you customize the Personal Mode in the Intouch system but wont be applied will u select that thru your drive mode selector!
Correct. Sport mode, by default, has the heavy and quick steering...but you can change that in personal mode...but you can't modify the settings for sport mode, Eco, standard...

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Correct. Sport mode, by default, has the heavy and quick steering...but you can change that in personal mode...but you can't modify the settings for sport mode, Eco, standard...
Would the heavy and quick be representative of the G37 steering?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
This is very similar to Audi's Drive Select-Dynamic Steering.

If you don't put it in Personal or select any of the other Presets (ie., Comfort or Standard), the car will run on defaults or adjust the steering automatically for you. Only if you put it in Personal will you be able to go in and manual select the settings that you want.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Hmmm...I gotta try this then when I get my car. Thanks for the writeup Aggie

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Reactions: Garcia

·
Registered
225 Posts
Any way to turn off the car and start it in the prior mode selected? ... Mine keeps defaulting to standard and I can see it getting annoying over time having to change it to personal every time I get in the car.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Any way to turn off the car and start it in the prior mode selected? ... Mine keeps defaulting to standard and I can see it getting annoying over time having to change it to personal every time I get in the car.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Nope. It starts in Standard every time. Just like all the tech packages start in OFF...No way to keep them in a certain mode

·
Registered
225 Posts
Nope. It starts in Standard every time. Just like all the tech packages start in OFF...No way to keep them in a certain mode
That's annoying. Thanks for the info!

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Just figured that out yesterday too! Its annoying that it justndoesnt remember the last settings u had!

Reactions: Infiniti Chick

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just figured that out yesterday too! Its annoying that it justndoesnt remember the last settings u had!
Yea, frustrating...It even says it goes back to the default settings every time you restart the car. No way to change the default...

·
Registered
225 Posts
Since this is based on Android I wonder if it can be rooted/jailbroken to customize? ... Wishful thinking but it would be nice.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
That's ridiculous. Can you imagine all of your stuff doing that?!! You'd spend an extra 1/2 hour each day just setting things the way you want. I've fine-tuned my big TV in all the different modes(Standard, THX, custom, etc.), and there would be just too much to do every time I would put it on. Ah, technology! :(

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
That stinks. I thought at was what all the hoopla was about with the intelligent key remembering your settings.

Oh we'll. . .

·
Registered
336 Posts
I remember reading the manual before and saying you could set the driver assistance settings (lane assist, etc) and save the configuration to the key. It didn't say a peep about the steering settings (might've been an old manual though, that was about a month ago).

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I remember reading the manual before and saying you could set the driver assistance settings (lane assist, etc) and save the configuration to the key. It didn't say a peep about the steering settings (might've been an old manual though, that was about a month ago).
Yes, you can save the settings for which safety features to be on...but every time you turn the car on, it has everything OFF. You have to just hit the steering wheel button for the safety features.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Yes, you can save the settings for which safety features to be on...but every time you turn the car on, it has everything OFF. You have to just hit the steering wheel button for the safety features.
Kinda defeats saving them then. I guess the good news is they updated the thing so they can update it from afar! Looks like they have a lot of work left to do! Better make a thread with a running list of suggestions to Infiniti :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.