Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Why I don't own an Audi. Parts and dealership maintenance is way to much $
The dealer group that I work for has 2 Audi stores. We joke about having $200k in parts inventory and really only stocking 9 total parts. :D

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks Jp. If interested, here's the link to the one I bought. I just noticed I paid $127 in June. Now they are asking $139.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/264341505396

Quality and fitment seem very nice. The body shop said even after they sanded it, it was still structurally well-built. Very lightweight. Arrived reasonably quick and was packaged pretty well. No hardware/sticky tape, or instructions. You'll have to source your own double sticky tape.
Hey spud...take this advice from someone with a lot of experience with carbon fiber add-ons...look into getting it wrapped with quality paint protection film and then keep a nice coat of ceramic on top of it. These accessories tend to yellow over time and the clear coat can begin to delaminate due to the UV and look cloudy. Years ago, I did the same thing on my Audi and started with a rear spoiler. After a year, I had to remove it due to the clear coat starting to delaminate and flake and, luckily, the manufacturer took it back without hesitation (it was $400 on my Audi). The replacement I had wrapped in PPF and ceramic coated it. Never an issue again. This is exactly what I did on my RS too on my rear factory CF spoiler and CF mirror covers and I am getting the new CF grill surround I just installed wrapped next Friday. Then everything gets a coat of ceramic to keep it well protected. I know this thing was only about $130 but taking it off to replace it is a ROYAL PITA as I had to do it and never want to do it again. Just some words of wisdom that I hope you listen to/forum/images/InfinitiQ50_org/smilies/tango_face_wink.png

Your car is looking awesome!
Thanks sg, appreciate the tips. But if you read carefully from the first thread and look at the pictures, you'll see there is no (exposed) CF anywhere on my car. 😉

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
Thanks sg, appreciate the tips. But if you read carefully from the first thread and look at the pictures, you'll see there is no (exposed) CF anywhere on my car. 😉
So to be clear...since you said and linked to a CF spoiler that you purchased...you bought a CF rear spoiler and painted over the CF:eek:

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
So to be clear...since you said and linked to a CF spoiler that you purchased...you bought a CF rear spoiler and painted over the CF/forum/images/InfinitiQ50_org/smilies/tango_face_surprise.png

Yes sir, cf painted body color. Not a big cf look guy.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Ok, so I picked her up on Friday. :D Here are some final pics. These weren't the best picture-taking conditions as the Iridium Blue really comes alive in the sun and this was a cloudy overcast day. But hopefully the pics adequately display the work done.

Titan7 has asked me to borrow my car for a professional photo shoot once I install my Titan7 T-S5 rims (sitting in my garage, with PS4S tires, ready for install) so I'll share those after it happens.

Overall, I am pretty happy. If I have a complaint, it's with the Duraflex rear bumper lip. Unfortunately, I have to give it an 8/10 for fitment. Actually, the Duraflex side skirts too - I'd say 9/10 :( Otherwise, I am really stoked with how everything else came out, and I'll give it a 10/10. :D

P.S. My pics came in right-side-up without alteration. :celebrate: !!!

Attachments

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
File limit exceeded. Here are the rest.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Why the different color for the front radar sensor cover?

·
Registered
573 Posts
Outstanding and absolutely awesome! I really like the front end a lot, and as you already know that spoiler is super nice.

Great work!

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Why the different color for the front radar sensor cover?
It's not. The radar cover and whole lower grill are the same gunmetal color as the OEM upper grill. Unfortunately, the cover just stands out more now than when it was flat black. I really wish it didn't have to be there and that the diamond grilling could be open there.

·
Registered
359 Posts
ptatohed, the car looks great and really sets it off. You did a lot of work really fast. I am sure suspension is coming soon.

One thing I have to say, the tailight tint and trunk trim really throw it off for me. It looks flat or satin and cheapens the overall look.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
ptatohed, the car looks great and really sets it off. You did a lot of work really fast. I am sure suspension is coming soon.

One thing I have to say, the tailight tint and trunk trim really throw it off for me. It looks flat or satin and cheapens the overall look.
I'm glad I decided to modify my car and not yours.

I love the rear. I can't stop starring at it. I love the tinted tails and lower bumper lights and the use of (gloss - not flat or satin) gun metal on the emblem and upper trim (matching the front OEM grill and side window trim) and the gloss black diffuser section. Getting lots of compliments from people who see it.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I'm glad I decided to modify my car and not yours.

I love the rear. I can't stop starring at it. I love the tinted tails and lower bumper lights and the use of (gloss - not flat or satin) gun metal on the emblem and upper trim (matching the front OEM grill and side window trim) and the gloss black diffuser section. Getting lots of compliments from people who see it.
Just sharing my opinion.

I had my reflector painted which requires opening my headlight. I'll share pics soon when I put it together this weekend. I think that's down your alley.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Just sharing my opinion.

I had my reflector painted which requires opening my headlight. I'll share pics soon when I put it together this weekend. I think that's down your alley.

Sharing your opinion is absolutely totally cool. Please do. It was the unnecessary insult that was upsetting. No need to say it 'cheapens the overall look'.

I'm totally cool with anyone saying something like "Looks great, but I would have... <fill in the blank>... painted the side window trim black instead of gunmetal".

Like the dude from TN who posted pics of his car. I was very careful to compliment his car and pictures, though I did express my opinion about not liking the orange lights. But I didn't tell him his car looked cheap or ugly because of the orange lights. No need for insults.

But, it's all good, no worries at all 5oh. :)

Yes! Please show me your headlights, thanks. I would love to "delete" my amber headlight reflector. I love the JDM Skyline lights! :) Did you tell me who did the work for you? I have been in contact with oneighty. They quoted me $250 for just smoking out the amber reflector and $450 for the reflector + blacking out all chrome. I'm tempted.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/oneightycustom/albums/72157636845453274/with/15047090914/

·
Registered
359 Posts
Sharing your opinion is absolutely totally cool. Please do. It was the unnecessary insult that was upsetting. No need to say it 'cheapens the overall look'.

I'm totally cool with anyone saying something like "Looks great, but I would have... <fill in the blank>... painted the side window trim black instead of gunmetal".

Like the dude from TN who posted pics of his car. I was very careful to compliment his car and pictures, though I did express my opinion about not liking the orange lights. But I didn't tell him his car looked cheap or ugly because of the orange lights. No need for insults.

But, it's all good, no worries at all 5oh. :)

Yes! Please show me your headlights, thanks. I would love to "delete" my amber headlight reflector. I love the JDM Skyline lights! :) Did you tell me who did the work for you? I have been in contact with oneighty. They quoted me $250 for just smoking out the amber reflector and $450 for the reflector + blacking out all chrome. I'm tempted.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/oneightycustom/albums/72157636845453274/with/15047090914/
I see what you mean, could have went with a different word choice. my bad.

The picture with the DRL on has a saran wrap on it so that's why it looks a little fuzzy. GoldStandardLighting did the work for me. If I were you, I would check out Raul G Customs, he is in California. He does great work based on his pictures.

https://imgur.com/a/zsF7C5r

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I see what you mean, could have went with a different word choice. my bad.

The picture with the DRL on has a saran wrap on it so that's why it looks a little fuzzy. GoldStandardLighting did the work for me. If I were you, I would check out Raul G Customs, he is in California. He does great work based on his pictures.

https://imgur.com/a/zsF7C5r
Nice, thanks 5! :D

21 - 35 of 35 Posts