Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally decided to detail the q50 inside out instead of taking it to the dealer for a quick wash. After lots of considering and reading I went with the pinnacle product line.

Today I used the pinnacle poly clay bar with lubricant and at first I was like lame sauce. It didn't feel like it was doing the job. But he lubricant smelled great. But I did a touch test from the barred spots and the untouched and wow did I feel the nice and clean feel!

From there I dried and went to the pinnacle series 2 paste wax. That too smelled great. Spread on like butter on hot toast! Was very easy to apply and it removed a lot of the bug death spots which were very sticky. Removing the wax was nice and easy too...it didn't make the black rubber turn white which I thought was a great bonus. Even the chrome didn't react to the wax.

For inside I used the pinnacle leather cleaner and conditioner. It was all liquid and spray on type. It went on nice and dried up in mins. Worked out pretty well but this is my first time working with a leather cleaner/conidiitioner so I'm not sure how it'll be. I guess time will tell if the leather holds up in this hot and humid weather I have here year round. Ps this also smelled like an awesome ciitris which I love!

Got all this in a kit from AAA chemical guys. Cost under $180 shipped and it came with 2 cobra microfiber towels which I think was a great deal.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Pinnacle makes good stuff. I have their Souvern pure bees wax and it's the best.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I used the pinnacle leather cleaner and conditioner. It was all liquid and spray on type. It went on nice and dried up in mins. Worked out pretty well but this is my first time working with a leather cleaner/conidiitioner so I'm not sure how it'll be
I use their leather cleaner/conditioner and have been very pleased. I've been using it for 4+ years on my Equinox, and the seats are very soft and supple - no drying or cracking.

Reactions: tempest24

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I use their leather cleaner/conditioner and have been very pleased. I've been using it for 4+ years on my Equinox, and the seats are very soft and supple - no drying or cracking.
That's exacts what I'm hoping for...

Reactions: SnowItch

·
Registered
585 Posts
That's exacts what I'm hoping for...
Pinnacle products are actually made by a manufacturer in Florida who sells several different lines (Pinnacle, Wolfgang to name a few). All of their products are available at We Are Car Care -- Car Wax, Car Polish, Auto Detailing Supplies, Car Buffers & Car Accessories Store. If you go to the site and sign up for their newsletter, you will get notification when they have special deals. They have sales frequently, and you can get very good prices.

In the case of the Pinnacle Leather Cleaner and Conditioner, I picked up a gallon for just slightly more than you'd pay for the smaller spray bottle.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pinnacle products are actually made by a manufacturer in Florida who sells several different lines (Pinnacle, Wolfgang to name a few). All of their products are available at We Are Car Care -- Car Wax, Car Polish, Auto Detailing Supplies, Car Buffers & Car Accessories Store. If you go to the site and sign up for their newsletter, you will get notification when they have special deals. They have sales frequently, and you can get very good prices.

In the case of the Pinnacle Leather Cleaner and Conditioner, I picked up a gallon for just slightly more than you'd pay for the smaller spray bottle.
wow thanks for the tip! i hope they can ship the larger bottles via usps cause i'm so far on Guam everything has to ship via air from wherever to hawaii than to guam... :(

·
Registered
585 Posts
wow thanks for the tip! i hope they can ship the larger bottles via usps cause i'm so far on Guam everything has to ship via air from wherever to hawaii than to guam... :(
I hope they can ship it to you too!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
i just picked up pinnacle black series' interior cleaner kit !

·
Registered
585 Posts
i just picked up pinnacle black series' interior cleaner kit !
It was recently on sale hope you got it then. Let us know how you like it.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
off of autogeek of course it was on sale ;)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
****...bird just poop on my ride! wtheck right after the detailing!!!! lol...lets see if the waxing yesterday would make this poop slide right off...

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So I'm happy about spending all that time yesterday with the waxing and all...it rained and the bird poop washed right off...

So the rain beaded nicely and it all rolled off at 25mph....it looks like the car was wind tunnel dried....so awesome!

·
Registered
585 Posts
Today Only autogeek.com is offering 15% off and free shipping on orders over $75.

Discount code is GREEN2013

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
You can use the code DECEMBERFORUM and get an automatic 20% off any order, change the month accordingly and it works, just used NOVEMBERFORUM last month and tried DECEMBERFORUM this month and that worked too ;)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.