Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no use for Sirius, so I have not used it during the trial subscription. I THOUGHT that would be the end of it after three months. Since then, I've been getting calls from them. What is most annoying is that they call, but when I don't answer(I screen my calls, and do not answer unless I know who is calling), they do not leave a message. My caller ID gave the number they were calling from, but not who the caller was. So, I didn't know it was from them. I just found out it today that it is Sirius.

SO, I sent them this email(which wasn't easy to do, since they wanted some document listed first - HUH?):

I received a 3-month trial subscription when I bought my car in August. I DO NOT listen to Sirius and I WILL NOT listen to Sirius. Therefore, I want you to stop calling my phone. I screen my calls, and I don't answer it when I don't know who is calling, or I don't want to talk to the person. You(or your automatic dialer) don't leave a message on my answering machine, and I had to go to a site on the Internet to find out it is your company that is calling. I WANT YOU TO STOP CALLING ME IMMEDIATELY. Take my number off your call list, cancel my account, erase my identity from your records - whatever it takes. Just stop calling me. Thank you

The kicker is that I immediately got a return e-mail, telling me that their representative would be getting in touch with me in the next day or two. I know I was a form letter, but still! If they email me to tell me that it's cancelled, that will be fine. If they try to call, they'll either get no answer, or a bunch of words they don't want to hear. Based on the complaints on here about them, I'm not optimistic. :mad:

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just received the following:

Thank you for contacting SiriusXM regarding your request to be removed from the mailing list.

We have updated your account with your request not to call you with solicitations. Please be aware - though -- that you will still receive important service messages. While we will make every effort to remove your phone number from our lists as soon as possible, it can take up to 10 business days to completely update all of our systems. During that time it is possible that you may receive a few more calls due to campaigns still in process.

I'll still get important service messages? Maybe I'd answer them if they would identify who was calling.:mad:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Selzini, do they have your cell number? If so, there are a few different ways to block their calls. I have a long list of blocked numbers from companies that ignored my requests to take me off of their list.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I'm currently using it. To lazy to burn music. Have a bunch of dvd audio from my previous G but I guess the Q doesn't play DVD's?

So, I'll use Sirius for now and when Pandora comes available, I'll use that.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Selzini, do they have your cell number? If so, there are a few different ways to block their calls. I have a long list of blocked numbers from companies that ignored my requests to take me off of their list.
No one has my cell number. I use the cell phone only for emergencies. My landline has caller ID, and I get so many robo and scam calls, that I don't pick up unless I know who's calling. There's a site called nomorobo.com that you can go to see if you can block the robo calls. Unfortunately, Comcast doesn't offer the service yet. I could block Sirius, now that I know they always use the same number, but maybe this will be the end of it. One final thing: I wouldn't do business with a company that refuses to identify itself when they call, or even leave a message when you don't pick up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.