Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I purchased an AWD 2019 q50 3.0t Lux a month ago and have big plans for her. So far I have these parts in mind:
1. HKS Lower Downpipes - $400
2. JB4/w Mobile Attachment - $640 (Temporary until my warranty is up, then i'll get an ECU tune)
3. HKS Blow Off Valve Kit - $600
4. BMS Heat Exchanger - $300
5. AMS Air Intakes - $500
6. Stillen Rear Sway Bar - $200
7. Valvetronic GTHAUS MUSA Exhaust - $3000 Or Frequency Intelligent Valvetronic Exhaust - $3650 (Includes Front Y pipe and Midpipe)

Do you guys recommend anything over what I have listed? Also in ya'lls experience should I be worried about any of these parts listed as far as reliability or complications go?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Without knowing your goals, I will assume this vehicle will be a spirited daily driver.

I would go with the Fast Intentions cat-back exhaust with the resonated X-pipe and 10-inch mufflers over either of those exhausts. I considered the GTHAUS at first, but I found it far too raspy--sounded like a riced out Civic to me--and far too expensive to justify. Fast Intentions' exhaust is fantastic with the 10-inch mufflers and even better if you pair it with catted full downpipes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Without knowing your goals, I will assume this vehicle will be a spirited daily driver.

I would go with the Fast Intentions cat-back exhaust with the resonated X-pipe and 10-inch mufflers over either of those exhausts. I considered the GTHAUS at first, but I found it far too raspy--sounded like a riced out Civic to me--and far too expensive to justify. Fast Intentions' exhaust is fantastic with the 10-inch mufflers and even better if you pair it with catted full downpipes.
Yes Spirited daily till I eventually grab a hoopty. I'm really going for a deap "aggressive" tone in the exhaust and it didn't sound ricey in vids but I know that can be deceiving. Have you heard the Frequency Intelligent exhaust? The one vid I could find makes it sound MEAN - Facebook Video - especially that rumble during idle.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Have you heard the Frequency Intelligent exhaust? The one vid I could find makes it sound MEAN - Facebook Video - especially that rumble during idle.
I had not even heard of them as a company before. Personally, I do not much care for that exhaust sound, but everyone has their preferences.

·
Registered
548 Posts
For that setup/the fact that you want it loud, I would do AMS downpipes instead of those HKS ones

I have them, they work well, very noticeable gains when installed.

I also have JB4 with fuel wires, will get the EWG harness soon. Also have HKS BOVs, no problems there as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For that setup/the fact that you want it loud, I would do AMS downpipes instead of those HKS ones

I have them, they work well, very noticeable gains when installed.

I also have JB4 with fuel wires, will get the EWG harness soon. Also have HKS BOVs, no problems there as well.
I've heard there's some rasp and they've thrown CEL codes but i'll keep that in mind. good to hear no issues with everything else.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I've heard there's some rasp and they've thrown CEL codes but i'll keep that in mind. good to hear no issues with everything else.
Here is my setup, BMS intakes, AMS downpipes, Megan Y pipe. The car sounded almost stock until the Y pipe was added:

No CEL ever. HKS will work fine, the resonated ones will guarantee a good tone too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here is my setup, BMS intakes, AMS downpipes, Megan Y pipe. The car sounded almost stock until the Y pipe was added:

No CEL ever. HKS will work fine, the resonated ones will guarantee a good tone too.
Sounds good without an exhaust!

·
Registered
190 Posts
AMS' lower downpipes and full downpipes do not throw codes or trigger CEL/MIL. Also, any rasp would be due to the exhaust system after them--the mid-pipe. Sure, you could resonate earlier, but resonating after the Y-pipe or X-pipe will have a larger impact.

·
Registered
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
1,995 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Wait............... say that again?? 😮
You heard me! Everybody talking about how great the AMS HE is, well I prefer the BMS for several reasons. One of those is doing the install without having to pull the front bumper.

·
Registered
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
1,995 Posts
You heard me! Everybody talking about how great the AMS HE is, well I prefer the BMS for several reasons. One of those is doing the install without having to pull the front bumper.
Amazing! <clap> I'd like to see that. Not saying I don't believe you, just saying I'd literally like to see. Was it hard/tight? Do you think that only the BMS HE can be installed without removing the bumper cover?

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Amazing! <clap> I'd like to see that. Not saying I don't believe you, just saying I'd literally like to see. Was it hard/tight? Do you think that only the BMS HE can be installed without removing the bumper cover?
It was very straightforward, but it did require 2 people and getting the front end in the air. The hardest part is getting the top mounting hardware in place, which was really tight. But I'd rather spend 15-20 min trying to get 1 bolt in place then yank the whole front end. I think anything other than an AMS HE should be able to do something similar.

·
Registered
63 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Redsport awd | Stillen catback exhaust | ams intakes | ams downpipes | Mishimoto HE | Hks Bov
48 Posts
I like your list but 3-4 thousand for an exhaust system seems a bit steep but to each their own ....as stated above that’s the price of upgraded turbos where you would be gaining a significant amount of power . You can get some good exhaust systems for half that price ( fast intentions, Stillen, hks,motordyne,ark performace, takeda, magnaflow etc.) that will all perform pretty well.i guess it all depends on the rest of your setup.

Also, if you plan on getting the ams downpipes they do not throw a cel and I know that from personal experience. There more expensive then the competitors but I have not regretted the purchase. it’s a bit louder and throatier( if that’s a word) then its competitors but it performs really well.
Good luck with your build .

1 - 20 of 26 Posts