Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to need it for daily overall, Anyone here daily there Q50s red sport? Right now Im looking at 2016 ones with 19k miles for 30k no tax yet.
How is it for daily? coming from Lexus By the way..

·
Registered
327 Posts
70k miles strong, daily driven 17 Red Sport here.

·
Registered
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
1,635 Posts
Daily as opposed to what? Curious why you would be concerned that a stock RS 400 couldn't be a daily driver?

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
6,058 Posts
I drive my 2018 RS every day.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I drive mine once a week or so. :hide:

·
Registered
352 Posts
My 2019 SS is daily driven and whipped regularly.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
My 2019 SS is daily driven and whipped regularly.
I'm considering buying a Sport so I can have a nice DD. Getting tired of my aged TL. Trying to talk the wife into it. I'd probably have to sell some car(s) though to make room. I have promised myself, if I do get one, I'd only do JB4 and LDPs. We'll see how long that self-promise lasts....

·
Registered
352 Posts
I'm considering buying a Sport so I can have a nice DD. Getting tired of my aged TL. Trying to talk the wife into it. I'd probably have to sell some car(s) though to make room. I have promised myself, if I do get one, I'd do only do JB4 and LDPs. We'll see how long that self-promise lasts....
LOL I always start out with no intention to mod. Never goes well. Ha 😁

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I'm considering buying a Sport so I can have a nice DD. Getting tired of my aged TL. Trying to talk the wife into it. I'd probably have to sell some car(s) though to make room. I have promised myself, if I do get one, I'd do only do JB4 and LDPs. We'll see how long that self-promise lasts....
I'll sell you my RS with the LDP and I throw in the JB1 with data cable, then you will have a DD.

·
Registered
327 Posts
LOL I always start out with no intention to mod. Never goes well. Ha 😁
Same here. Since I’ve never bought a new car before, I made a note to myself when I had first gotten my RS during the “honeymoon” phase... “Yeah, I’m happy with my purchase and won’t do any mods because it’s plenty fast enough for me. And looks great stock to me.”

But, look at me now... (see signature below)

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I'll sell you my RS with the LDP and I throw in the JB1 with data cable, then you will have a DD.
Ehhh..... your odo probably reads in kilometers and your temperature in Celsius! :p

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
6,058 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just bought a '16 RS AWD in October with 40k on it and it has been a great daily for the 10k i put on it and it handles the snow here in Michigan surprisingly well (better than my '13 Fusion did).

For what its worth, I too was on the fence about keeping it stock or maybe getting a JB4 and some AMS LDPs and now I have AMS CAI and Add W1 OCC installed and about to take it to the dealer to get the AMS HE installed before I install the AMS coolant expansion tank. Im also waiting on my FI CBE to get here so I can install them along with the AMS LDPs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well ****, coming from Lexus... hows the reliability and maintenance? Also tryna buy 16 q50 rs 27,450 miles for 27k hows the price?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well ****, coming from Lexus... hows the reliability and maintenance? Also tryna buy 16 q50 rs 27,450 miles for 27k hows the price?
So far reliability has been good on my '16 RS which was 3 year lease turn in that had only scheduled maintenance performed on it. I did get some glazed rear pads at 45k and put some cheap Duralast pads on to get me over until I decide to upgrade the brake system later this year, but overall so far so good and that seems to be the general consensus aming everyone on here.

As for maintenance, you can download the owners manual and see the recommended service at each mileage interval. From what I read on this site is the dealership can get a little pricey depending on where you live, but the vehicle is very easy to work on and can be cheap if you do it yourself. Also you can buy OEM parts pretty cheap from most dealerships.

For the RS you are looking at, price can vary depending on area and options but 27k seems to be the average price point for that many miles. I basically just checked autotrader everyday while looking for my car and that gave me a good idea of price points for options and colors.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So far reliability has been good on my '16 RS which was 3 year lease turn in that had only scheduled maintenance performed on it. I did get some glazed rear pads at 45k and put some cheap Duralast pads on to get me over until I decide to upgrade the brake system later this year, but overall so far so good and that seems to be the general consensus aming everyone on here.

As for maintenance, you can download the owners manual and see the recommended service at each mileage interval. From what I read on this site is the dealership can get a little pricey depending on where you live, but the vehicle is very easy to work on and can be cheap if you do it yourself. Also you can buy OEM parts pretty cheap from most dealerships.

For the RS you are looking at, price can vary depending on area and options but 27k seems to be the average price point for that many miles. I basically just checked autotrader everyday while looking for my car and that gave me a good idea of price points for options and colors.
Thanks man!! Also thanks for all the replies

1 - 20 of 28 Posts