Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,408 Posts
Im going to need it for daily overall, Anyone here daily there Q50s red sport? Right now Im looking at 2016 ones with 19k miles for 30k no tax yet.
How is it for daily? coming from Lexus By the way..
I couldn't daily mine in factory spec.

I can't daily a camry or accord in any spec.

What is your question, specifically?

·
Registered
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
1,999 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,408 Posts
Like hows the reliability and maintenance? Like is this the car I can go with everyday..
You can daily a GTR. There is a kid on youtube that is doing it now and posted everything you need to do.

It is like every other car. Oil changes, brakes, tires. Major service at 15k and 30k intervals at the dealer to make sure things are ok.

If you use very sticky tires, you are gonna spend a lot of money. If you get all season tires with high utqg rating, you will spend less.

You can do your own oil changes if you want and save that way.

You can do your own brakes as well.

As far as reliability, there are really just 2 potential issues.

1. Serpentine belt misalignment. This will fray or snap your serpentine belt and you would have to replace belt and tensioner.

2. Potential turbo failure.

If you get the Red Sport and don't mess with a custom tune, you are better off as far as the turbos are concerned if you are looking for more power.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Im going to need it for daily overall, Anyone here daily there Q50s red sport? Right now Im looking at 2016 ones with 19k miles for 30k no tax yet.
69K, 2016 RS awd, basic maintenance. No real issues (only regret is not getting a spare & opting out of run flats.) switched from rf after two flats. Better ride, would still get a spare if I can find. Still fun to drive.

·
Registered
2016 Redsport awd | Stillen catback exhaust | ams intakes | ams downpipes | Mishimoto HE | Hks Bov
48 Posts
When buying this car you have to accept that your gonna have to change the run flats that’s out ASAP .... I had 3 blowouts with in the first 4 months of owning this car .... I eventually switched out to some Michelin sport all seasons and haven’t had a problem since ... no blowouts and ride quality has improved tremendously

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a 16’ redsport with 26k miles got a decent deal coming from owning a 15’ Camaro ss this thing feels quicker and it gets way better mpg. Loving the car so far but we’ll see how the maintenance is heard this thing eats oil ..

·
Registered
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
1,999 Posts
I just bought a 16’ redsport with 26k miles got a decent deal coming from owning a 15’ Camaro ss this thing feels quicker and it gets way better mpg. Loving the car so far but we’ll see how the maintenance is heard this thing eats oil ..
It's '16 and '15. You are putting the apostrophe where you are removing something. In this case, you are removing the "20". ;)

Welcome! Enjoy. My '17 does not eat oil.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts