Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone else notice that Infiniti cheaped out on the plastic that is underneath the front two seats on the Q50 Premium (non-sport)? This plastic is where the up/down/foward/backward controls are located. I noticed yesterday while cleaning my car that the plastic was a bit flimsy compared to other areas in the car. I was able to push the plastic in and out meaning that it felt a bit loose to me. I could even see a small gap from the where the plastic meats the seating materal. Not sure it is supposed to be that loose to begin with?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I went out and looked around at the seat a bit ago. I think the problem is that there is a seam in the plastic seat cover or base underneath the edge of the vinyl or leather (depending on trim options) so that if one gets into the car placing their weight on the side nearest the door it puts added pressure on the "plastic" causing it to come loose. This was far worse on the drivers side since it is used everyday. And neither my wife and I who drive the car routinely would be considered heavy by any means. I guess we can try to hit more of the center (with our behinds) of the seat as we enter the car, but after 3 months this plastic is loose and seems extremely cheap for something of this quality :mad:

Not sure if it is worth bringing up the next time I take it in for an oil change or if this is considered "normal."

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bump - does anyone else have this issue? I still have to clamp the plastic shut every once in a while. I guess I bring this up when I take the car in for the first oil change to see if they can swap it out for a new piece of plastic ....

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
I just checked mine. It's solid as a rock - no "play" in it at all. If yours is that loose, I would definitely have the dealer look at it. I doubt this has anything to do with the issue, but I have both major packages, and therefore have three switches down there, instead of just two. Maybe that piece is fitted a little differently?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.