Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Decided to re-polish mine and redo the coating with Cquartz now that they released Gliss v2. Polished with CarPro Essence, layered on Cquartz UK v3.0 and then a layer of Gliss v2. She's now ready for summer. Did the same to my son's Jeep too as the initial clean up of it was just an AIO. I'll re-do my wife's Lincoln next but am going to leave it with GYEON's Syncro since I want to have options to show my customers in person.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Looks awesome! You always do great work!

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I also have a 2000 XJ Cherokee and the amazing condition of your son's XJ is making me jealous.
On topic: The polish job looks amazing!
Thanks! His is a 2001 hence the plate, LST YR XJ (Last Year XJ) :) Found it earlier this year and had to have it. 85k, never seen snow, one owner who gave it away for a price I couldn't refuse. All in all it's prfection.

Looks awesome! You always do great work!
Thank you sir!

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Decided to re-polish mine...
Looking good!

What polish and what polisher did your use?

I found meguires 205, orange, then black pads, Kalase AOI, Klase sealant and carnauba top coat with the porter cable polisher, still left me with some dealer installed swirls. I was reluctant to take off more clear cost with 105, but I’m going to do another round this month.

My detailing supply guy said that the porter cable sucks and that the Rupes would have done much better.

Klase is hard enough for me to get right. The ceramic stuff sounds even more difficult to apply as an amateur. Three years in, mine looks good to most but I’m still unsatisfied.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Looking good!

What polish and what polisher did your use?

I found meguires 205, orange, then black pads, Kalase AOI, Klase sealant and carnauba top coat with the porter cable polisher, still left me with some dealer installed swirls. I was reluctant to take off more clear cost with 105, but I’m going to do another round this month.

My detailing supply guy said that the porter cable sucks and that the Rupes would have done much better.

Klase is hard enough for me to get right. The ceramic stuff sounds even more difficult to apply as an amateur. Three years in, mine looks good to most but I’m still unsatisfied.

I use both a Flex 3401 and a Rupes Mille depending on the situation. Typically my Flex is for wool pads and compounding and my Mille is for polishing. With CarPro Essence as my base polish here I run the Mille with the Yellow Mille Pads. The PC is a low power entry unit. Very reliable and will work, but it stalls easily. I only run forced rotation units. For a step up without going broke you can look at the Griot's Garage Boss units. IIRC in the $160 range. Not sure as I don't use or shop those but they are very reliable, have plenty of power and are what I recommend for beginners or those simply detailing their own cars.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
3,464 Posts
You do good work! Come on over and you can do mine lol.

·
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
7,320 Posts
Heck, you don't have to come to my place I'll road trip to OH for a shine like that!
Looks amazing.
I'd drive from OR to OH for that mirror finish.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'd drive from OR to OH for that mirror finish.

Haha! The furthest I've had customers come is Wisconsin. He stayed with buddies at OSU. Lots from Cleveland and Cinci though stay a weekend while I work on their vehicles. :nerd:

·
Registered
628 Posts
looking like glass, nice

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
Ah **** it.

Literately compounded and polished my car 2 months ago and now I want to do it again after seeing your handy-work pdqgp.
Will need to restrain myself and just wash and wax.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
After a week or so of rain, she needed a bath...

·
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
7,320 Posts
You missed a spot.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts