Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i have a 2014 q50 3.7 base with about 65k miles...a few weeks ago my wife was driving car and it shut off on her on a major highway, ever since then cannot get it to start, codes are a p0340 cmp sensor /circuit bank 1..ive changed that sensor and still wont start..engine has oil and and car has gas..checked for air restriction..checked battery(just replaced today and still wont start)..does crank but sounds slow... popped off one of the intake and sprayed a little starting fluid and no change...i know the easy answer is something wrong with the camshafts but its confusing to me due to when car shut off on highway there was no symptoms before hand,rough driving or any engine failure noise..just kind of stalled..i will say when i try and start it on the dash says something about chasis control error.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Does the car start at all when you try to turn the ignition? If so does it only stay running for a few moments before it stalls or does it just crank endlessly?
If it doesn't start at all then it would indicate a failed crank position sensor which matches your p0340 code as the engine won't crank if you aren't at least getting
some Air, fuel and a spark to the engine.

It could be a bad spark plug/coilpack, or a fuel system issue as well but these are less likely based on your description.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Check fuel pump fuse and relay. I believe when fuel pump is not running, the ignition system shuts off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does the car start at all when you try to turn the ignition? If so does it only stay running for a few moments before it stalls or does it just crank endlessly?
If it doesn't start at all then it would indicate a failed crank position sensor which matches your p0340 code as the engine won't crank if you aren't at least getting
some Air, fuel and a spark to the engine.

It could be a bad spark plug/coilpack, or a fuel system issue as well but these are less likely based on your description.
thanks for the reply..when i push the push start,itll crank for about 5 seconds before stopping, doesnt start but just cranks and sputters, a bit on the slow crank side as if its a battery issue but literally put a new battery in it plus have a jumper on it aswell when cranking

1 - 5 of 5 Posts