Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is what my dealer offered me for an Infiniti Q50S RWD with Nav+Deluxe Touring+Kick Plates = MSRP: $49,005

The numbers are meant to reflect a $3,300 down payment contracted for 39 months and 10,000 miles. I've been told the $3,250 loyalty has been added as well.

Now, I've been told that the selling price was jacked up to $53,100 due to the negative equity on my G37 lease. I have 5 payments left on my lease. I told my sales guy to give me 48 hours to think about it.

THEN While I was driving home, he called again and told me that he was going to waive my remaining five payments and it will cut down my monthly payment total from $639.95 to around $597. I told my sales guy I'd call him tomorrow with a decision.

Thoughts/Suggestions?

Right away, I'm not sure if I like the idea of a $6,616 drive-off.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
The deal you posted above isn't exactly a winner. That $6,616 down payment is just killing me. I'd love to see what the new deal he worked out for you looks like. If he is truly waiving those payments, the price of the car will come down. You also said $49,005 is the MSRP. Are they not negotiating on the price of the car? What kind of money factor and residual are you being offered?

·
Registered
119 Posts
For the options you have listed and the car, you shouldnt be paying more than $460 give and take $10 with first month drive off. Taxes are already included.
Unless you have really bad credit and they are charging you higher interest

Can you find out what money factor are you getting.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
I just responded to your PM. Let's talk tomorrow. I'll try to help in any way I can.

For others reading this thread: If you have 2 posts and haven't made any positive contribution to this forum, please don't PM me asking for my help beating up on your weak sales guy. That's not my job. I'm happy to lend a hand and give advice to people like Simpson who have helped the community in significant ways. Or for anyone nearby me who wants to deal with a salesperson who is professional and knowledgeable and you're willing to come buy a car from me.

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
One thing - if they are taking $3000 off of the 'negative equity' (rolling remaining lease payments into the deal, the. You should be saving closer to $90/mo not $43. Some thing is wrong with their math.

Here's what I would suggest:

Find the invoice price on edmunds.com and compare that to the selling price before any other fees, incentives, etc.

Get the money factor and residual % from them and post of possible (yes we can do the math on the residual but I would get the info from the dealer).

Find out EXACTLY how much the loyalty incentive they are giving you is and let us know. See what the lease looks like with NO money down using the loyalty incentive to cover only the costs at closing. Anything left over between costs and the incentive should then be applied as capital cost reduction and do the math based on that (i.e. if incentive is $3000 and costs are $1500 then apply the remaining $1500 to cap cost reduction.

Only after you get that payment should you decide if you want to put any more money 'down' on the lease - which most people would not recommend (if you get into an accident you lose that money).

If you can get that math and post it we would have a better ability to judge.

From what I'm seeing, you should be as close to, or at, invoice minus the remaining incentive after costs. If that's the case, these payments do seem high to me - especially at 10k miles/yr but it's hard to really know without the specific numbers like money factor, etc.

Find out, post it up and let's see if we can help.

I would also take Sinecure up on his offer. He seems pretty knowledgeable and willing to help since you contribute so much to the boards (posting a lot, being a moderator, changing up your avatars. . .things like that ;) )

Glad you finally took one out for a drive! By the way, I didn't see the tech package mentioned on your post - don't settle for a Q without that if you really want it. Imagine if you bought a G without the red seats last time. My guess is you'd have been regretting it. IF you like the tech and want that package I think those payments are much more in line for a Q equipped that way.

The loyalty incentive really helps the payment a lot - around $90 to $100/mo if it's in the $3k range!

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Ok, so I couldn't resist. If I were doing this deAl it would look very close to the below calculation. Numbers for residual, MF and incentive ($3250) came from RIDEWITHG.com

I used edmunds for true market value pricing and invoice is about another $2k off of that. I would go for closer to invoice but your market may not be as aggressive as other areas. If you got closer to invoice you would probably be looking about $50-$60 less per month.

I added some random costs at close but basically took 1st pymt and $685 as listed from your sheet and would use the $1300 from the loyalty incentive toward that. Then I would apply the remaining approx. $2000 left over to cap cost reduction. This would give the scenario below(except my state tax is 9%, I think yours is a touch lower. Just compare the lease payment without tax for now).

Hope this helps. It's crude and quick so it's not 100% accurate but very close)

MSRP $ 49,005.00
Sale Price $ 47,727.00 (edmunds TMV)
Down Payment $ 2,000.00
Term 39
Money Factor 0.00105. (2.52% rate)
Residual % 60%
Local Sales Tax 9.00%
Acq/Bank Fee $ 685.00
Doc Fee $ 45.00
DMV Fee $ 100.00
Tire Tax $ 8.75
Other Fees 00

Net Cap Cost $ 45,727.00
Residual Value $ 29,403.00
Total Taxes on Lease Loan $ 1,753.42
Total Taxes on Down Payment $ 180.00

Depreciation $ 418.56
Finance $ 80.99
Taxes $ 44.96
Due at Signing $ 3,628.96
Monthly Payment $ 499.55
Monthly Payment + Tax $ 544.51

Reactions: SimpsonTide985

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Some additional info if it helps..

Config and MSRP of the car:
Q50 Sport RWD
-Navigation
-Deluxe Touring
-Illuminated Kick Plates
MSRP, $49,005

Miles per year on lease:

Payoff on my current lease:
$28,031.34 (My sales guy told me the value of my G37s is only around $24k)

-I'm around 22,000 miles under (26,200 versus 48,000 contracted)

-My dealer did NOT have the actual car in stock that I was quoted for above and so I believe there were added transportation costs I have to cover as the Q50 would have to be shipped to Arizona from California and my G37 would have to be shipped to California from Arizona

·
Registered
396 Posts
Glad to hear you are actually considering Q50! :p Thought Q50 lost you LONG time ago! :D

Sincerely hope you get what you want and a great deal!! GOOD LUCK! Best wishes!!

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You also said $49,005 is the MSRP. Are they not negotiating on the price of the car? What kind of money factor and residual are you being offered?
Yeah, I didn't dig too deep just of yet. My goal was to get an idea of what I was getting into. I didn't even get into any negotiating on the actual sell price.

The money factor I'm not sure about but the Residual of $29,403.00 versus a MSRP of $49,005 doesn't seem that great.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Simpson, it looks like you're looking at the same car as The Dark Knight. I got it at $457.28, sign and drive.

I remember you saying you had some payments left on your G37S (5 if I'm not mistaken). At invoice ($45,465) with the $3250 loyalty (depending on the payments left on your G), you should be around the $530-540 a month mark with little or no money out of pocket. Truecar is showing their selling price $771 above invoice ($46,236).

Remember, the $3250 is used to reduced cap cost like remaining payments ($???), acq fee, doc fee, etc... Add them all up to make sure you fully utilize that loyalty lease cash.

For reference, I was at $487 a month with about $800 out of pocket last month with the $1000 loyalty. The residual did change, but the MF is much better (I got 2.5%).

Hope this helps, good luck!

·
Registered
336 Posts
If they truly are waiving your remaining lease payments for the G, it still looks like a pretty bad deal. Looks like you only got the loyalty (which comes from Infiniti and not the dealer) and not much off MSRP. Maybe you can even go the 5 hours to Infiniti of Cerritos if the AZ dealers won't budge :) (I think we have a salesperson from there on this forum -- ejhyun??)

A fair price I think should be Invoice + 500 to 1000 (I guess you could shoot for Invoice flat but that might just be too greedy, but someone in CA might bite), then subtract from that the 3250 loyalty, so you should be at least 2K below Invoice before TTL. Don't take my word for it though, as I've started mixing up the deals (I think the invoice deal we saw here was in NY, for a base + Nav Q50). Anyway glad Sinecure is helping you out.

And remember the MSD thread - do not do cap cost reduction if you're giving money at signing, put it towards MSDs instead.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Well, those who can walk away with "sign and drives" tend to be those with unbelievably high credit scores if I'm not mistaken. :eek:
Seems like most people who would be buying/leasing luxury car like a Q50 would at least have a relatively high credit score, no?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Well, those who can walk away with "sign and drives" tend to be those with unbelievably high credit scores if I'm not mistaken. :eek:
Hey Simpson, I admit that I do have a high credit score, but I believe that this relates more to the MF than the sign and drive (if I'm not mistaken).

Furthermore, the "Sign and Drive" was greatly determined by the $3250 loyalty (aided by the low 2 payments on my old G37 that they had to absorb).

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Ok, I'm hoping to get in contact with my dealer to sort out a few things:

*Questions*
-What is the actual invoice on the car?
-What is the selling price? (I want to aim for $750 over invoice)
-Where is the $3,250 loyalty being applied?
-What is the money factor?

*Adjustments*
-Apply $2000 of the loyalty to the Cap Cost Reduction
-Apply $1,250 of the loyalty to the down payment
-Apply 4 months worth of Multiple Security Desposits

How does this sound? I might need some help figuring out how to handle the MSDs. My aim originally was to get a monthly payment of $535 (tax included) and no more than $2,200 out of pocket.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
One other thing--

My actual dream combo as of right now:
-Q50 Hybrid Sport
-Chestnut Bronze w/ Stone
-Navigation Package
-Rear Spoiler

Now of course, there aren't really any Q50 hybrids out there in this combination anywhere near our dealer but I'm determined to find something close. Heck, I thought about possibly placing an order.

However my dealer gave me the impression that I could put in an order, but then I'll lose the $3,250 loyalty incentive. Is that true? :(

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
One other thing--

My actual dream combo as of right now:
-Q50 Hybrid Sport
-Chestnut Bronze w/ Stone
-Navigation Package
-Rear Spoiler

Now of course, there aren't really any Q50 hybrids out there in this combination anywhere near our dealer but I'm determined to find something close. Heck, I thought about possibly placing an order.

However my dealer gave me the impression that I could put in an order, but then I'll lose the $3,250 loyalty incentive. Is that true? :(
Well, you're just risking that the loyalty may not be the same amount when you actually sign the papers on the car!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.