Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Q50 Red Sport RWD White Pearl/ AMS LDP/ FI Touring CB w resonators(on order)
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
669 Posts
Damn that’s cheap! Hopefully someone knows about the brand. For the price, I’d worry about quality

·
Registered
2018 Q50 Red Sport RWD White Pearl/ AMS LDP/ FI Touring CB w resonators(on order)
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damn that’s cheap! Hopefully someone knows about the brand. For the price, I’d worry about quality
They have a heat exchanger and coolant expansion tank too. Someone needs to buy all these and let us know the quality lol.

·
Premium Member
'17 SS
659 Posts
Woah! I am seriously debating these, if I sell my 3in cat back for sure will be buying these, I'll perform a weld inspection.

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Since Catted DPs aren't the easiest to install in a Q50/Q60, especially the AWD versions, I'd be selective about which DPs to install, especially if you plan to keep your Q awhile.

My biggest concern with these pipes is pipe wall thickness <?> and the higher number of welds vs the competition, such as AAM:

https://www.aamcompetition.com/shop...wnpipes-high-flow-cat-39712?category=62#attr=

Fluid Automotive exhaust Gas Font Plumbing

The AAM Competition Q50/Q60 3.0T Cast Widemouth Full Downpipes perform better and are not prone to cracking like the alternatives offered by the competition - due to the fully CAD designed wide cast primary section. By casting the primary portion of the downpipes and having an integrated V-Band that connects to the factory turbocharger, rather than a welded v-band, we've significantly increased durability. Many downpipes fail at the weld located at the v-band that connects to the turbocharger, as welded seams are prone to failure in high heat. By utilizing a one piece widemouth cast design in robust 304 Stainless Steel the AAM Competition Q50/Q60 3.0T Cast Widemouth Full Downpipes also have an advantage by not being limited by the design restraints of hand fabricated construction. 3D Cad software is utilized to blueprint the inlet and outlets with smoother features and geometry to optimize exhaust flow. So not only do the widemouth cast primary portion of the downpipes increase exhaust flow over the competition, they also allow the AAM Competition Q50/Q60 3.0T Cast Widemouth Full Downpipes to withstand the intense heat cycles they are forced to endure - significantly increasing reliability.

·
Registered
264 Posts
The PLM units use the OEM mounting for for the LDPs. I don't think cracks will be an issue unless the welds are bad. That would be a case by case issue though as the welds in the pic are ok and don't have much discoloration.

Cat longevity will be based in supplier. Magnaflow used to have tons of problems with their cats dying early.

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Yep, I was more specifically referencing the PLM pipes which certainly don't, based on price. Doesn't meant they're bad though.

FI and AAM prices are very high specifically because of those cats. They're expensive all on their own, mainly because they're basically the best money can buy. I can't fault anyone for spending the money on those parts with those cats equipped. Probably overkill honestly but bar none, best around.

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
I can't fault anyone for spending the money on those parts with those cats equipped. Probably overkill honestly but bar none, best around.
As you know, I have the FI Catted DPs, and unlike Phoebe on "Friends", I won't sing the praises of a smelly cat(alyst).

Yeah, a Friends reference, I'm old...

• Haha
Reactions: xBlitzkriegx

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
MAP has some new full downpipes too
At $799, with those GESI Sport Cats and 304L tubing, I don't know how MAP is making money.

That is a phenomenal price.

Reactions: Batell
1 - 11 of 11 Posts