Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
3,822 Posts
They're about $500 and come in black or silver (ebay).

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
If you want a new part that is likely untested, a knockoff of a meticulously developed upgrade, and has minimal quality controls in place, go for it and save a few bucks. Personally, I will never put cheap parts on one of my expensive luxury cars.
I know this is a HX discussion, but I'll echo your thought process I recently went through. I felt the same way about my suspension upgrades with SPL Parts.

When I take my Q into a high speed curve, I'm not concerned the SPL hardware will fail - their material choice, quality and design gave me the confidence to go "all-in" (see my sig). The race shop that did my suspension install was also an authorized SPL Parts dealer, and the owner races and has had nothing but good experience in that environment. SPL Parts are also made in the USA. All these factors are what command the asking price, but to me, the price difference to other offerings was not a deterrent, given how critical the components are in the performance and safety of the car on the road and occasionally on a track.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have one of these installed. It's identical to the AMS. The welds on my HX is better than the ones on the website for sure (you would think it's AMS quality lol). When I got dyno tuned, back to back WOT with the hood closed, there were no signs of heatsoak. I checked the IAT and the coolant charge air temp? on the EcuTek app after some WOT's and spirited driving, and the temps stayed consistent. I can tell the car does not heat soak as to when it had the stock HX for sure =P

I did get mine for like $360 but for what it's selling now at $500, I would've got the AMS when it was on sale. FWIW, SOHO said a customer had the Mishimoto one and the car would heatsoak after a WOT.
So is it Bigger than the Mishimoto. Is it same domensions as the AMS?

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Reactions: ptatohed

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
3,822 Posts
Pay with your Discover it Card via PayPal through Sept and get 5% cash back. ;)

·
Registered
2017 Infiniti Q60 Red Sport
45 Posts
So is it Bigger than the Mishimoto. Is it same domensions as the AMS?
It is the same dimension as the AMS one. The Mishimoto looks like a good option when you look at their specs and results but I'm not sure. George from SOHO was saying that the Mishimoto cores that they used are inconsistent. I'm sure the guy they tuned had a bad one. It wasn't a bleeding issue as SOHO did do the bleeding IIRC. My buddy had a Mishimoto radiator in his 240sx and I had a Koyo radiator. He just bought the Mishimoto one cause everyone had a Koyo and he believed that the Mishimoto costing more than the Koyo must've mean it was better. When we would go to the mountains, he had to watch his temps as it would climb pass 200 occasionally. I didn't have to worry with the Koyo (kept me at 190). Just food for thought.

The removable outlet on the Mishimoto is nice. This would allow you to install the HX from the left side of the car and not have to worry about scratching the HX. This would save you time and ease of installation. I most likely would've bought this HX considering price compared to AMS. They weren't available when I bought mine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It is the same dimension as the AMS one. The Mishimoto looks like a good option when you look at their specs and results but I'm not sure. George from SOHO was saying that the Mishimoto cores that they used are inconsistent. I'm sure the guy they tuned had a bad one. It wasn't a bleeding issue as SOHO did do the bleeding IIRC. My buddy had a Mishimoto radiator in his 240sx and I had a Koyo radiator. He just bought the Mishimoto one cause everyone had a Koyo and he believed that the Mishimoto costing more than the Koyo must've mean it was better. When we would go to the mountains, he had to watch his temps as it would climb pass 200 occasionally. I didn't have to worry with the Koyo (kept me at 190). Just food for thought.

The removable outlet on the Mishimoto is nice. This would allow you to install the HX from the left side of the car and not have to worry about scratching the HX. This would save you time and ease of installation. I most likely would've bought this HX considering price compared to AMS. They weren't available when I bought mine.
Thanks. I ordered the PLM considering the overall cost of shipping to my country and also the fact that the AMS has to be back ordered due to short supply. Will give update when it gets here and its fixed. Have 18 RS400 which starts to drive like its in eco mode after about 1.5 hours of stop and go town riding.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks. I ordered the PLM considering the overall cost of shipping to my country and also the fact that the AMS has to be back ordered due to short supply. Will give update when it gets here and its fixed. Have 18 RS400 which starts to drive like its in eco mode after about 1.5 hours of stop and go town riding.
Definitely let us know how things go. I'm on the fence of ordering the PLM or Burger tuning one, since I'm getting a JB4.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts