Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

Have you experienced a InTouch Lockup

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Forum statistics indicate there are almost 1,000 members on this forum. Obviously, some of those members are much more active than others, but I'd like to do an unscientific poll on how many of those 1,000 members (I would guess maybe 1/4 to 1/3 own a Q50) have experienced a lockup. In addition, I'd like to know how many have experienced one with an IPhone connected, an Android device connected or no phone connected.

Obviously, and for good reason, the people who have experienced lockups have let us know. I'm more curious what the ratio of lockups to non-lockups is.

Reactions: MattJB and greenhut

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would bet only 50-100 @ most on this forum have a q50
You could be right. I'm interested in finding out - hopefully we'll get a lot of people answering the poll.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Snow, just to let you know that based on the discussions with the engineers and their statements, second hand from my service mgr., it doesn't matter if it's Android or Apple, the freeze ups are accross the board with and without any devices connected.
Good to know that is what they are thinking (IMHO, they wouldn't be good engineers is they didn't think that way). If I were a betting man, I don't think we will find too many lockups without any devices connected (could be because there isn't any body out there that doesn't drive with a device connected).

Already, I'm surprised (heartened) at the number of people who haven't had a lockup.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a Windows Phone, no lockups.
I'm sorry I forgot to add Windows phone. Does it function well on inTouch? Can you receive and send text messages?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm sorry I forgot to add Windows phone. Does it function well on inTouch? Can you receive and send text messages?
WP8 allows text message read aloud via the BT connection, but it's managed on the phone side. When a text comes in you get an automatic VR session prompt via the car's BT system that asks you if you'd like to read or ignore the message. It doesn't (mine didn't, anyway) work with the InTouch text messaging function. I don't think there are any WP8 devices with the MAP Bluetooth profile.

The advantage is that in any BT enabled vehicle I can have it read to me AND reply all by voice without touching a single button, but disadvantages are that I have to read it or ignore it when it arrives (I can't have it read to me later), and I can't ignore it silently using the InTouch controls =).

Just one more thought...

I was just reading in one of the other threads that some folks who are using USB drives for music are having lockups. Can you add an option for USB music stick connected?

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
I had USB music plugged in put not playing. Was on SXM. Nothing connected on other port and no cell phone.
Yea I think it has to do somewhat with anything being plugged into the usb disk. Had anyone had a lockup with NOTHING plugged into any usb port (regardless if you were using it at the time)

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yea I think it has to do somewhat with anything being plugged into the usb disk. Had anyone had a lockup with NOTHING plugged into any usb port (regardless if you were using it at the time)
But wouldn't the reverse also be true? I haven't experienced a lockup, yet I have had things plugged into the USB port. Perhaps it is a matter of "what" is plugged in and if the "computer" is trying to index or read what is plugged in.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Can you add an option for USB music stick connected?
I'm not sure I can edit the poll. I've tried a few different things, but I haven't found a way yet. We might have to start another poll with different questions.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
80% of respondents to this poll say they've experienced lockup (n=20).
This trend is thought-provoking.
If this is indeed a representative sample of the current Q50 buyer population... Yikes.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
80% of respondents to this poll say they've experienced lockup (n=20).
This trend is thought-provoking.
If this is indeed a representative sample of the current Q50 buyer population... Yikes.
I agree. The percentage is higher (or lower - depending on the glass half full/empty thing) than I expected.

Still, the thing that is intriguing for me is why aren't some people having lockups? I'm scoured the other thread (stickied) where people are reporting their lockups, and I'm having a hard time discovering any discernible pattern.

Hopefully the Infiniti engineers are able to figure it out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.