• Malbec Black

Votes: 13 8.1%
  • Black Obsidian

Votes: 26 16.1%
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Graphite Shadow - I previously had a silver TL, wanted something darker and easier to keep clean.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Venetian Ruby

Reasons:
-I had Malbec Black previously and as gorgeous of a color it was, I wanted something to move away from darker colors due to maintenance. So Obsidian and Malbec were out.

-Didn't want White as it too is difficult to maintain and very ubiquitous for the model. I wanted a color with mid-range maintenance and somewhat unique.

-Didn't want Silver or Gray. Silver looked a little flat and the gray, although looked great, was another highly common color that didn't quite suit me.

-It came down to Chestnut, Hagane Blue, and Venetian Ruby.

-I opted against the Hagane Blue as I felt that it probably didn't look as aggressive as I would've like. It's a soft color and since I wanted the Sport package, I wasn't convinced of the combination.

-It was a bit of a coin toss between the Chestnut and Venetian. The Chestnut was my #1 as it's a highly unique color with mid-range maintenance. The Venetian was #2 as I enjoyed that the Venetian Ruby is also an uncommon color right now for the Q50 and I thought it looked great with the Sport package. As luck would have it, I found the perfect one in Venetian Ruby just 2 hours away.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Graphite Shadow - I previously had a silver TL, wanted something darker and easier to keep clean.
Something easier to keep clean than silver? You gotta be kidding me. Silver is one of the cleanest cars. You could have not touched it in a month and it will still look clean compared to white, black or red.

I dont know about graphite shadow tho

·
Registered
13 Posts
Graphite Shadow.

Previously I had a black car and its a pain to have it look clean.
I was considering white, but it seems that everyone has a white car these days.

I chose graphite shadow because there is less contrast between chrome elements and the car. In my opinion grey asphalt gives it more spaceship look.

I love the color even more when it gets darker outside.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Something easier to keep clean than silver? You gotta be kidding me. Silver is one of the cleanest cars. You could have not touched it in a month and it will still look clean compared to white, black or red.

I dont know about graphite shadow tho
My silver TL was more on the white side, I also have no garage and live in NY. Not the same conditions like you guys in Nevada. Not sure why you had to make a comment like that. I was just expressing my opinion on the color I had. The Graphite Shadow is a lot easier to keep clean up here with the changing weather and our road conditions in NY. I wasn't knocking anything about silver. I loved my Silver TL. :/

·
Registered
119 Posts
My silver TL was more on the white side, I also have no garage and live in NY. Not the same conditions like you guys in Nevada. Not sure why you had to make a comment like that. I was just expressing my opinion on the color I had. The Graphite Shadow is a lot easier to keep clean up here with the changing weather and our road conditions in NY. I wasn't knocking anything about silver. I loved my Silver TL. :/
I did not mean any disrespect and if you felt that way I'm sorry. I was just expressing my feelings.
I dont garage my car either and the white I have now is dirty after 3 days of wash and wax.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
I did not mean any disrespect and if you felt that way I'm sorry. I was just expressing my feelings.
I dont garage my car either and the white I have now is dirty after 3 days of wash and wax.
Its cool. That's how it was when I had my TL. I notice since having my Graphite Shadow, I don't have to wash it every week now and it still looks clean.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Malbec Black for me.

I had a Black Obsidian G prior to this and, while I loved it, I wanted something a little different. I also wanted a dark color with a dark interior. Malbec Black fit the bill and it looks awesome (the fact that it looks black most of the time, but changes color in sunlight is really cool).

·
Registered
289 Posts
11 Black Obsidian Q50's so far, that's 11 people that will either be very anal about how clean their paint looks every day or some that just don't give a F :D

Black is hard to take care of but if you do take care of it, it will look amazing.
After 5 years with a black maxima, I took the easy road this go around!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Chestnut Bronze - because it's a unique color and coming from an obsidian black g37, let's just say I've learned my lesson. Never get a black car as a daily driver

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Whoa! 20 with GS? Dang! Where are the moonlight whites?!!!

Reactions: In AWD We Trust

·
Registered
78 Posts
Malbec Black for me.

I had a Black Obsidian G prior to this and, while I loved it, I wanted something a little different. I also wanted a dark color with a dark interior. Malbec Black fit the bill and it looks awesome (the fact that it looks black most of the time, but changes color in sunlight is really cool).
Me to love the color, although the wife convinced me to get the light interior which is harder to keep clean, but cooler in the summer.

At first I found the Malbec Black showed a lot of dirt, water spots etc, but after reading the detailing section here, I clay bar'd the car and applied a synthetic wax and it seems to stay looking pretty clean with a pretty nice deep wet look at least for the past 3 weeks. Note I garage the car at home and work.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Went with Platinum Silver. Thought about Gray and black but my previous IS350 was black and it was a pita to keep clean. Being a sedan, it's just way to big and took too much time.

My next car if it's a coupe will be black.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
video doesn't do justice to any of the colors.
I chose MB because I always wanted 2 in one color plus I have had all Infiniti colors except CB, VRR and MB. Next one may be VRR but CHP loves the color and that's why I don't.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.