Votes: 26 16.4%
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Feel free to explain why you chose the particular model

I have the Q50s with deluxe/touring/nav/spare tire pachages

I picked sport model because I like the ride/handling/looks as well as the larger brakes (for my crazy driving habits)
I picked the gas model and deluxe package because I need the trunk space / pass through (to fit the gun)
Spare tire package because I may eventually put other tires on, though the run flats are not as bad as I thought they would be

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Q50S Gasser - Picked it because I loved the look of the sport model, wanted all the options and didn't really consider the Hybrid until after getting mine. If I had a chance to choose again, I might have gotten the Hybrid.

Reactions: dmh_ent

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Got the Q50S

-I didn't need AWD since I live in Arizona
-Now that I work from home I barely drive and the fact that I'm leasing, there just wasn't enough cost/benefit justification for the Hybrid
-I also really wanted the larger wheels, paddles, sport brakes, front bumper, and the sport seats of the Sport model

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm predicting that the hybrid sport is the most famous one on this board.

I have the hybrid premium with every option.
I wanted the hybrid sport but the dealer was making a bug fuss about it so I went to a different dealer amd got the premium for way cheaper.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Q50S Hybrid AWD with Deluxe Touring Package!

-Need AWD for Northeast winters
-Wanted hybrid for fuel savings on 40 mile commute roundtrip to work.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I was expecting to see more Q50s Hybrid AWD models than what's listed below. Hopefully when i come back to this months from now the amount of Q50s Hybrid AWD model's will be much higher when compared to the others.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I was expecting to see more Q50s Hybrid AWD models than what's listed below. Hopefully when i come back to this months from now the amount of Q50s Hybrid AWD model's will be much higher when compared to the others.
The poll is only a few hours old. :p I'm surprised we've gotten almost 25 votes already.

It'll definitely get more filled up in a few days.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Picked Q50 Premium AWD Model to handle northeast storms in the Winter.

Have the winter tires on it already, and I think my real world mpg is suffering at around 17-18 city (due to the increased traction of winter tires I suppose).

Starting to wonder how much better the hybrid would have been mpg-wise.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I went with the Hybrid Premium AWD.

--AWD because I live in the northeast.
--Hybrid for the improved gas mileage and resulting cost savings (I'm anticipating saving about $50/month over the gasser). So, even though the lease was about $30 more per month, I should see a net savings. The fact that the hybrid has 360hp and came with leather seats was a bonus (I really do like that extra power and those leather seats!).

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Q50S, Hybrid AWD

I picked the best Q50 available because I'm worth it.;)

I test drove several combinations, but settled on this combo:

Sport - because the non-sport leans too much, has way much more nicer excellentier seats, has much bigger brakes & tires (for safety, of course).

Hybrid - because it has mucho more power, and better mileage. It's like having your cake and eating it. Do I worry about battery replacement costs? Nope, because they'll come down, just like the Prius' has.

AWD - because the nearest non-AWD was too far away. Didn't really want it. Already have an RX350. But, it still might come in handy if caught in foul weather.

Navigation - helps to know where one is going, besides getting there quickly.

No Duoluxe Trechnophobia Package
- don't need no stinkin' babysitters!

·
Registered
32 Posts
2014 Q50H Premium AWD

Hybrid - for improved gas millage, power steering column, steer by wire and the most important, power!

AWD - I live in NJ, sometimes winters are really harsh, not like the last two. But I had a rear wheel drive Lexus before and it was a disaster.

Navigation- even though every phone out there has google maps now, it is just so inconvenient to keep looking on the phone screen to see when u need to make a turn, or if u are on the phone at the same time and your reception is not up to speed with ur car.

No Deluxe technology - $5000 for maple wood accent and memory seats, seriously???? Coz all the other features are more of the gimmick then actually something that is necessary.

No Sport - different residual value, 2% less in my case, thats's $50 a month more without the actual markup for the sport (rather pricing difference); price per tire is $392 to replace; harder ride although seats and front end are very attractive. I tried to keep the cost of the car on the budget side, so I guess this would be my strongest justification of not getting most of the pricy packages.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
I chose Q50 hybrid sport AWD with Nav and delux tech package an all available bells and whistle because
A. Hybrid - power and good mpg
B. sport - used to driving sport in all Infinitis we/ I had & have
C. AWD - Infiniti AWD is intelligent AWD and not all the time
D. Nav & deluxe pkg - used to Infinitis for long time and makes a lot fun car than without these packages.
E. Options: factory installed options have same factory warranty 4 yrs/60k miles
Cost is not a problem as I pay less than the VPP price and why not get all if price is less than VPP price.
I like driving fully loaded Infiniti.

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
I am the only one who voted for the base AWD model. This was due to the 24 month lease deal available in Oct. Had I waited till Nov and used the $3250 loyalty incentive, I would have definitely stepped up to the Premium AWD or maybe even the Q50S.

And yes, AWD due to geographic location (MI). It's near impossible to find a RWD on dealer lots.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.