Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting tuned in about a week
Would that come with the “pops and bang” map or is that extra?

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
6,448 Posts
Getting tuned in about a week
Would that come with the “pops and bang” map or is that extra?
Pops and bang maps can cause damage to your cats unless you remove them. They can also damage turbos, valves and piston heads. I wouldn't use one on my car but to each their own.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had no idea it was that harmful considering the fact that some turbo cars have that pop sound stock

·
Registered
59 Posts
Pops and bang maps can cause damage to your cats unless you remove them. They can also damage turbos, valves and piston heads. I wouldn't use one on my car but to each their own.
Yeah I agree, if your gonna get it, I would recommend running it with full downpipes.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I guess you do learn something new everyday. Never knew this beforehand!

·
Registered
111 Posts
I guess you do learn something new everyday. Never knew this beforehand!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Wrong car for pops and bang (imho)...

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
6,448 Posts
I had no idea it was that harmful considering the fact that some turbo cars have that pop sound stock
Manufacturers who design a pops and bang capability into their vehicles will warranty the feature. Tuners who provide a pops and bang map won't.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That’s a bummer, oh well.
Still a great car and platform so can’t really complaint :)

·
Registered
483 Posts
Here's a link to better explain more:

I have a P&B map included by my Ecutek tuner, but rarely use it.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
6,448 Posts
Pops and bangs just sounds like a poorly tuned car to me.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Alright folks, so quick disclaimer - im a complete noob on this topic so please go easy on the 'schooling' lol.

So I am looking to buy a pair of hfc for my 3.7 before summer comes around. I know I will have to get a tune and have heard good things about EcuTek for our vehicles. How exactly do tunes work? lmao. Also, there are no EcuTek tuners in Calgary (I've checked their website). I've read about people doing remote tunes...any pros/ cons of doing remote tunes? and what is the process like?

I've yet to actually tune a car in my life so TIA for any/ all help!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
The "pops and bangs" trend is annoying. Its the latest "me too" feature that manufacturers are doing. It makes a car sound as if it isn't engineered properly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts