Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Not a big fan of the iPad sticking out of the dash. Still looks too much like a Honda Accord. Almost as if Acura was on a strict design budget. For the options and price available the car is a decent value without question.

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
It was kinda cool when I saw an A-spec for the first time. But, mind you, it is not a 400hp car.

Lately, I am liking my Q50 more and more as I am now manually turning off the collision assist from the menu (so steering feel can be in sport + ), putting the car in sport + , and putting it in manual shift.

I can keep the car in a better power range. My mpg is/was 17.1 when I was driving it in automatic mode, so it makes no difference to me.

If you are thinking about switching, don't. I contemplated an RS5 as an upgrade. Glad I didn't.

I really like my setup even with the 30# 275 sticky tires I am running. The car is so responsive and handles great. I would like to add better/bolstered seats and muck around by changing from RSR coilovers to Feal coilovers for stiffer spring and valving. Other than that, it is setup just fine.

I like my car a LOT. I don't love it like a G35 coupe, but I like it a lot.

Only power mod is my axle-back, but the car just goes because of other mods.

If anyone is in the San Jose area and want a ride, let me know. I will change your mind about the car.

Cheers!

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
I agree. VDC off, FEB off, Sport+, and manual shift. "It's ALIVE!" .. Really wakes things up!

Still dialing in my tune with Seb. 3 more log files off to him today.

Seems to be missing some 1500-2300 RPM power (feels like ECO mode). At 2500 it bursts to life.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Side Profile is a total q50 Rip Off. The rumors are an A-Spec version of this will have a 400 HP Twin Turbo. So I hope the next GEN Red Sport gets a bump in HP to 425 or so. Definitely need a refresh looks wise as well, while the Q50 RS looks aggressive and attractive, I've grown bored since this look has been out for going on 7 years now.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Side Profile is a total q50 Rip Off. The rumors are an A-Spec version of this will have a 400 HP Twin Turbo. So I hope the next GEN Red Sport gets a bump in HP to 425 or so. Definitely need a refresh looks wise as well, while the Q50 RS looks aggressive and attractive, I've grown bored since this look has been out for going on 7 years now.
If it is less money than a new Q50 (at least 400 HP)and Infiniti doesn't do a total refresh by June of next year, I going to the TLX A-Spec. I had a TL before loved it. No issues. My only issues with the A-Specs is that there is not any more performance under the hood than the standard models

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
If it is less money than a new Q50 (at least 400 HP)and Infiniti doesn't do a total refresh by June of next year, I going to the TLX A-Spec. I had a TL before loved it. No issues. My only issues with the A-Specs is that there is not any more performance under the hood than the standard models
Yeah, it's either going to be a Type R 400 Version or A-Spec 400 but 400 HP is coming and it's all but confirmed. Alot of exciting things happening. Lexus is also going to be putting out an IS that has 400 HP along with rumors about bringing back the IS-F which will be close to or over 500 HP. It won't be a V8 though which sucks. Part of the IS-F appeal to me was the sound and being NA. Either way there are too many options to choose from and Infiniti better step their game up next model.

·
Premium Member
2,002 Posts
I have a friend that bought a TLX a few months before I bought the Red Sport. Four things kept me from the Acura: only 290 HP (only 40 more than my 2005 Subaru), electronic parking brake, button shifter, and non-latching auto stop/start. I suspect a few of these will haunt the next gen TLX also.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
I have a friend that bought a TLX a few months before I bought the Red Sport. Four things kept me from the Acura: only 290 HP (only 40 more than my 2005 Subaru), electronic parking brake, button shifter, and non-latching auto stop/start. I suspect a few of these will haunt the next gen TLX also.
I'd be totally OK with an electronic parking brake. My wife's car has one and it holds VERY well. The parking brake in my 2014 Q just stinks. I had the dealer check the adjustment and the improvement was very minimal. I can push it to the floor and a good stiff breeze can send the car rolling. I'm exaggerating of course but not by much. Maybe it is just the 2014 model. I had a later model as a loaner and it seemed better.

Yeah, it would be hard to go back that much on the HP and torque but I did like every Honda I have owned.

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
The EPB on our Mazda3 releases automatically if you press on the accelerator pedal and the engine is running, driver's door closed and driver's seat belt fastened. Do most EPBs do that?

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'd be totally OK with an electronic parking brake. My wife's car has one and it holds VERY well. The parking brake in my 2014 Q just stinks. I had the dealer check the adjustment and the improvement was very minimal. I can push it to the floor and a good stiff breeze can send the car rolling. I'm exaggerating of course but not by much. Maybe it is just the 2014 model. I had a later model as a loaner and it seemed better.

Yeah, it would be hard to go back that much on the HP and torque but I did like every Honda I have owned.
I forget, does your Hybrid have the Sport (big) brakes?
My '15 is just the opposite. With the E-brake pedal halfway to the floor you definitely know when you leave it on and attempt to move.
It holds tight.

I've never DD'ed a Honda (other than a motorcycle) but my daughter's '09 Civic is basically an anvil. If the car was human it would be immortal.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I loved my Legend so much. It was such a great car. It cost more in ‘95 than my Q.

Acura has sucked lately though. Ugly and slow.

The renderings look good. Too much front overhang though. I’d consider an A-Spec. We’ll see how the actual production version turns out.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
I think I've only used my parking brake when I work on the car. "Park" seems to be adequate, since I'm on the flat whenever I park.
I'd use it if I parked on a hill for sure. It does work well though.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
I forget, does your Hybrid have the Sport (big) brakes?
My '15 is just the opposite. With the E-brake pedal halfway to the floor you definitely know when you leave it on and attempt to move.
It holds tight.

I've never DD'ed a Honda (other than a motorcycle) but my daughter's '09 Civic is basically an anvil. If the car was human it would be immortal.
Your experience with the parking brake jives with what I experienced with a '15 loaner I had. I wonder if it is a shortcoming of the '14 model year or if there is still something not right.

I've owned four Hondas and they were all trouble free. My wife's boss had an '03 TLX that he drove to 335K miles. Beyond normal maintenance and wear and tear it needed a new pair of half shafts and an alternator. Pretty good record.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
The EPB on our Mazda3 releases automatically if you press on the accelerator pedal and the engine is running, driver's door closed and driver's seat belt fastened. Do most EPBs do that?
I finally had a chance to drive the wife's car this weekend. 2012 SLK and yes, the EPB behaves exactly as described.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I finally had a chance to drive the wife's car this weekend. 2012 SLK and yes, the EPB behaves exactly as described.
Yep, wife's '16 XC90 does the same.

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
I heard rumors about a bump in power for the TLX and a new turbo V6. Someone had told me 380 hp, but it was just someone in a Q50 group so I don't know how accurate it is. I'm very curious to see the next generation Infinitis, but that's probably at least a year away. I don't think we'll see a new Q50 until MY2022 hopefully showing up in 2021.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I heard rumors about a bump in power for the TLX and a new turbo V6. Someone had told me 380 hp, but it was just someone in a Q50 group so I don't know how accurate it is. I'm very curious to see the next generation Infinitis, but that's probably at least a year away. I don't think we'll see a new Q50 until MY2022 hopefully showing up in 2021.
https://www.cnet.com/g00/roadshow/news/acura-type-s-sedan-teaser-monterey-car-week/?i10c.ua=1&i10c.encReferrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8=&i10c.dv=23

1 - 20 of 38 Posts