Registered
492 Posts
Just like the Camry. Looks **** good/sharp, but slow as balls

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Just like the Camry. Looks **** good/sharp, but slow as balls
Purportedly 380hp (with some torque to boot) and Acura's reputable AWD, yeah, I don't think slow will be commensurate at all.;)

·
Registered
492 Posts
Purportedly 380hp (with some torque to boot) and Acura's reputable AWD, yeah, I don't think slow will be commensurate at all.;)
i hadn't seen the new data on the V6tt possibility. I'm intrigued. Price point will play a big role. Also feel like this car will be significantly heavier than my Luxe.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
This is interesting but I don't trust Acura concepts. They always look 100 times better than the final result. The TLX concept was very nice looking then we got a dud. It wasn't until they decided to make the sportier TLX A-Spec that it looked good but still way underpowered compared to the competition. I blow the doors off those things when they try to challenge me. I'm excited to see what this car offers.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
The way I found out about this was I first saw the leak of the next TLX that was pulled from the new RDX infotainment by some guy who was able to hack into their system or find a back door or something. Then I found out an actual Type R of the current TLX would show up.

I'm glad to see Acura getting back to putting some competitive horsepower in it's cars. I remember in the 2000's when a TL Type R was nice car to have power-wise and was sad to see Acura let things sort of drift for the last 10 years or so where they were more like a Buick than a true luxury brand or had one foot in luxury and the other in near-lux.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Not a bad looking car in those photos, Honda/Toyota don't seem to really want to compete in the space that the Q50 plays in though but hey
if they are willing to change that around power to them.

I'm always happy to have more options than fewer.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
If this car ends up looking anything close to this and performing well with over 380 HP, Acura may save their reputation. This is the best looking car they've put out in years. I'm hoping it doesn't get watered down to the point of looking boring like most of their concepts. I'm excited and it gives me more options to choose from. Now I just need to see what Lexus does with the IS-F.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Looks interesting, but I don't like how far the front bumper is past the front axle. Typical FWD platform problem.

·
Registered
492 Posts
long 2 door coupe.. can't do that

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I hope it doesn't look anything like the concept, that way I won't have to contemplate trading and losing my a$$.
lol not to make you feel worse, but the RDX Concept actually looked WORSE than the Real RDX that came out. If this ends up looking better than the Concept and putting out 380+ HP, I will be going back to Acura. I had an 04 TL which IMO was the best looking Acura sedan since the Legend.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
OMG, that looks like a camaro!

·
Registered
5,752 Posts

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Acura could use something like this in their dealerships. I haven’t consider their products in 10+ years.
This new concept car of theirs would definitely have me stopping by to check it out.
I wonder if Acura avoided the awful rear visibility that the Camaro suffers from, since this thing is a dead ringer to that car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 38 of 38 Posts