191 Posts
Reactions: SlickIRQ50

·
Registered
200 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
I think I’m done with performance mods and very happy with where I’m at.
I may do a few appearance mods though. I’ve had a black Maxima, G37x and now the Q60. Each time I said I’d never get another Black car but it happened. I’m always cleaning it however a clean black car sure looks good.
Ahhh. Looking forward to the appearance mods then! :d

Definitely. A clean black car looks really good, especially if you wax and detail it as well. I never could pull the trigger on a black car because of how hard it is to maintain. Have you ever have trouble keeping swirl marks away away from the black cars you have owned?

We didnt need a q50 specific and q60 specific firum...just a Q forum.
I agree with this. One big Q family forum would be amazing.

Reactions: jodedor

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Ahhh. Looking forward to the appearance mods then! :d

Definitely. A clean black car looks really good, especially if you wax and detail it as well. I never could pull the trigger on a black car because of how hard it is to maintain. Have you ever have trouble keeping swirl marks away away from the black cars you have owned?
Swirl marks are very pronounced on black cars and I hate them. They are mostly caused by cloth car washes. I had them on my G37 and had to do a paint correction To get rid of them. As you can see in the picture I posted I only wash it myself now. In the winter I’ll run it through a Touch Free carwash occasionally to get the salt off. So far I’ve avoided any swirls on my Q60

·
Registered
200 Posts
Swirl marks are very pronounced on black cars and I hate them. They are mostly caused by cloth car washes. I had them on my G37 and had to do a paint correction To get rid of them. As you can see in the picture I posted I only wash it myself now. In the winter I’ll run it through a Touch Free carwash occasionally to get the salt off. So far I’ve avoided any swirls on my Q60
From what I heard from friends and people on forums, swirl marks are indeed very pronounced on black cars. This is one of the very reasons I didn't pull the trigger on a Black car. I wanted a Black Q50 but knowing how busy and lazy I get to car wash some times - I ended up getting a White Q50 instead.

Good to hear your Q60 has been swirl marks free! ;d

·
Registered
379 Posts
Agree. The only difference is 2 doors!
Hm... my last agree to disagree was just being facetious, but I actually do disagree with this. Of course, I'm probably disagreeing with a statement that was in and of itself just jocular hyperbole; but that said, I can tell when a Q is coming up behind me whether it's a 50 or a 60 just from it's face in my mirror, with no view of the door count.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hm... my last agree to disagree was just being facetious, but I actually do disagree with this. Of course, I'm probably disagreeing with a statement that was in and of itself just jocular hyperbole; but that said, I can tell when a Q is coming up behind me whether it's a 50 or a 60 just from it's face in my mirror, with no view of the door count.
To be fair - as forum users and car enthusiasts - we do know the difference in the front bumper very easily and the rear bumper. However, I believe, to most people they look the same. Its pretty much an Infiniti Q to them.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
3,822 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Yes. No. Well, there are times when it's necessary, but it isn't necessary all the time and when it isn't necessary it's just annoying. I realize this is a very divisive subject for some people... it must be nice to have their problems. I refuse to take it more seriously than finding humor at the expense of people who actually care.

To be fair - as forum users and car enthusiasts - we do know the difference in the front bumper very easily and the rear bumper. However, I believe, to most people they look the same. Its pretty much an Infiniti Q to them.
They certainly looked the same to me (at least from the front, the rear is completely different) for quite awhile, but since owning one I've started paying more attention when I see them and just realized one day that I can tell the noses apart now without really thinking about it. Granted, this could just be an illusion because the bumpers are different, but to me the Q60 looks wider. According to the specs the difference is less than an inch, but it sure looks like more to me. Probably isn't, but.

·
Registered
718 Posts
What the heck are you guys talking about? Different bumpers, Q50 and Q60 front ends, Q50 and Q60 forums merging, and Oxford commas?

Reactions: ptatohed

·
Registered
200 Posts
Yes. No. Well, there are times when it's necessary, but it isn't necessary all the time and when it isn't necessary it's just annoying. I realize this is a very divisive subject for some people... it must be nice to have their problems. I refuse to take it more seriously than finding humor at the expense of people who actually care.

They certainly looked the same to me (at least from the front, the rear is completely different) for quite awhile, but since owning one I've started paying more attention when I see them and just realized one day that I can tell the noses apart now without really thinking about it. Granted, this could just be an illusion because the bumpers are different, but to me the Q60 looks wider. According to the specs the difference is less than an inch, but it sure looks like more to me. Probably isn't, but.
That's what I'm saying though. To the untrained eye or to just the average person, the Q50 and Q60 is probably not different besides the doors. A regular person don't really pay too much attention cars like we do.

What the heck are you guys talking about? Different bumpers, Q50 and Q60 front ends, Q50 and Q60 forums merging, and Oxford commas?
Hell yeah! Grab a beer, take a seat and join the conservation. 😂

Reactions: EngineeredQ50

·
Registered
718 Posts
Lol.

As a Q guy, out in the wild, I can for sure tell the differences in Q50’s and Q60’s, model years, and trim levels. As you can see, I’m an active user of the Oxford comma (I never even knew it was called that until this forum), but could care less about what other people / forums use.

Yeah, there have been a few talks of the Q50 and Q60 forums merging. But, of course, it hasn’t ever happened. Not sure why. Maybe one of the admins or moderators could enlighten us more. A lot of the Q60 guys are here on the Q50 forums cuz it’s more active it seems.

🍻

Reactions: DrJason and jodedor

·
Registered
718 Posts
Obligatory photo of my 2017 Q50 Red Sport RWD:

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,973 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
3,822 Posts
You sound genuinely upset over this. Are you or is something lost in the text? And, if you are so angry, what exactly over? Something about Oxford Commas? But what specifically? Are you upset at me for something?

I really thought the topic on the use, or not, of Oxford Commas was a light-hearted running joke on this forum. Nothing more. Certainly no need to get upset. Not sure what else to say.

Anyway, on the topic, I almost had a real life 'situation' the other day over an Oxford comma, lol. When I went to Orange County the other day to get my UNAVi installed, I took my 3 year old with me. Partially to give Mom a break, partially because I enjoy her of course, and partially to use the carpool lane! ;) Anyway, unlike my Riverside County, Orange County is now (again) open for indoor sit-down dinning, so I took Emily to Denny's after the install. Long story, but I am getting there, lol... From the kids menu, she almost ordered the build your own Junior Slam. Well, the menu says something like this: "Pick three: 1 Egg, 2 Sliced Toast, 3 Silver Dollar Pancakes, Hash Browns, 1 Sausage Link & 1 Bacon Strip". So, the question is, is the 1 sausage and 1 bacon, ONE selection? Or one or the other? I would argue the two items are one thing without the comma, but I'm thinking maybe Denny's meant them as separate? Anyway, moot point, she ended up going with the birthday cake confetti pancakes so I was saved the awkward Oxford Comma conversation with the waitress. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,878 Posts
that is another point of argument...indoor dining during this whatever you want to call it.

On the dennys menu, it would be one item.

I am also curious to know what has irritated JBear.

·
Registered
718 Posts
1601 - 1620 of 1654 Posts