Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1641 - 1654 of 1654 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
OK..... Still not sure what's bothering you so much. I am not bothered by you. "Ignore" me man, be done with it.

All over an Oxford Comma? Really? OK then! :confused:
How many times do I have to say I'm not bothered? Where are you getting this from? Are we speaking different languages?
Pro tip: when she says "no", it probably doesn't mean "yes" either... even if you think she was just straightening her blouse to get your attention.

·
Premium Member
1,878 Posts
How many times do I have to say I'm not bothered? Where are you getting this from? Are we speaking different languages?
Pro tip: when she says "no", it probably doesn't mean "yes" either... even if you think she was just straightening her blouse to get your attention.
Jess...forgive me if I am wrong.

You said, "When she says....", I questioned myself. I assumed we are all guys here, and I could be wrong.

Are you female by chance. Again...I dont know, so I am asking as gingerly as I can.

Reactions: ptatohed

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
3,822 Posts
Ok. You definitely appeared to be bothered over something. But ok.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
4,133 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
4,133 Posts
Still? Did your shop ever figure out what was wrong with Cylinder #4?
Nothing yet. "Carbon build up in #4" was all I was told. Not the intake valve, it was clean, but the top of the piston. Still waiting. I'm speculating but I've been short about 60 HP since I was first tuned. Thought it was the dyno or DA the both times at different shops. But their has been something going on for over a year. Had I known I could have returned to stock and had it "fixed" under warranty, but to late now. I should have been advised back then..but that's past history. Yes, a little butt hurt about that.

It may have been a bad injector from day 1 causing a problem to happen.

I'm not paying to rebuild the motor. I can run BG44K Fuel System Cleaner in it to get rid of the carbon and I have new injectors now. It's going to be resolved eventually.

I no longer need a 4 door and may get a different car. Mid engine preferably. Lighter, as I really mis driving a lighter car.

Hopefully this gets sorted out by the end of the week.

Reactions: EngineeredQ50

·
Registered
719 Posts
@JohnInNH

Best of luck, man.

As you may already know, after SZ had installed my AMS RA338 HPFP and AMS LPFP during the PS2 Turbos installation, Factory OEM Injector #1 failed with a DTC P0301 (misfire in cylinder #1), so then I had to pay out of pocket to get all 6 injectors replaced with New OEM Injectors. Contingencies along the way are bound to happen. Gotta pay to play.

Sounds like a C8 Corvette to me 🤔

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
4,133 Posts
@JohnInNH

Best of luck, man.

As you may already know, after SZ had installed my AMS RA338 HPFP and AMS LPFP during the PS2 Turbos installation, Factory OEM Injector #1 failed with a DTC P0301 (misfire in cylinder #1), so then I had to pay out of pocket to get all 6 injectors replaced with New OEM Injectors. Contingencies along the way are bound to happen. Gotta pay to play.

Sounds like a C8 Corvette to me 🤔
Going to pick it up at 3 PM today. Per AMS the catted downpipes are causing the reduction in HP, but the midrange torque is 500+. I'll run a tank or 2 of BK fuel system cleaner and send new logs to AMS.

I'll post more in my thread after I get back and know specific info.

I haven't driven my car in a month. It's going to be a hoot. Can't wait. A 100 ft/lb increase in torque should feel kinda noticable 😉👍

·
Premium Member
1,878 Posts
Ha! No. I like to think I'm pretty in touch with my feminine side though, if that counts. Well, my wife says I'm more girlie than she is. It's not true, but the fact that she says it suggests there might be some merit to it...
Ok...thanks for clarifying.

It was just an honest question.

Why?

Because the conversation was a lot like all the conversations I have tried to have with my wife when she was upset about something.

I can never get her to clearly state what is going on or why she is upset or what the effff did I do wrong this time.

And the reason could be as innocent as I didnt wish her a happy anniversary until 10am...even though I already had a gift all wrapped up for her.

·
Premium Member
1,878 Posts
Going to pick it up at 3 PM today. Per AMS the catted downpipes are causing the reduction in HP, but the midrange torque is 500+. I'll run a tank or 2 of BK fuel system cleaner and send new logs to AMS.

I'll post more in my thread after I get back and know specific info.

I haven't driven my car in a month. It's going to be a hoot. Can't wait. A 100 ft/lb increase in torque should feel kinda noticable 😉👍
Absolutely, if you go for more boost, you have to open it up.

You will make almost all the expected torque, but you will make minimal HP gains.

Happened with my WRX. Primary cat was removed and secondary went to high flow by way of one replacement unit.

You must open up both cats, but you will need a high flow cat in that path to avoid boost creep.

Doesnt Z1 offer a catted full downpipe? That would be the way to go.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Ok...thanks for clarifying.
This isn't exactly the best form of communication amongst relative strangers either. It's hard not to focus harder on what you think is between the lines than what's in them, and next thing you know the confusion has increased exponentially...

·
Registered
796 Posts
AMS took forever to ship my LPFP but it'll get here tomorrow, then I can contribute to this thread with new pics (not of that, getting other stuff installed at the same time)

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
4,133 Posts
Absolutely, if you go for more boost, you have to open it up.

You will make almost all the expected torque, but you will make minimal HP gains.

Happened with my WRX. Primary cat was removed and secondary went to high flow by way of one replacement unit.

You must open up both cats, but you will need a high flow cat in that path to avoid boost creep.

Doesnt Z1 offer a catted full downpipe? That would be the way to go.
I have the Fast Intentions HIGH FLOW catted downpipes in my car already.

Reactions: jodedor

·
Premium Member
1,878 Posts
I have the Fast Intentions HIGH FLOW catted downpipes in my car already.
I see in your sig that you have full downpipes and catback.

Then, you are at your limit.

Catless will just add complication down the road.

1641 - 1654 of 1654 Posts